Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Wyrmy's Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've played WoW since 2005, and it was the first game I actually felt a part of. I began my interest in role-playing about a year before, when I first was introduced to the Warcraft universe, through Warcraft 3. I began playing on a PVP server since that was the server my cousin played on, but later on I began reading the lore and decided to start RPing, but my WoW RP experience wasn't as fun as I thought because of money and time problems. I began looking for RP private servers, but I couldn't find many other than this one, so I decided to chose it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States, and i speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced to Warcraft by my cousin who showed me Warcraft 3. After buying it I became intrigued by the lore, and soon I began playing WoW.

What made you seek our server over others?:
It was one of the only private servers that actually had a well made website, and the fact you had to introduce yourself, is a good way of keeping out the spammers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy the action and adventure role-playing, specificly the Horde and Death Knight role-playing. I can tavern RP, but to me it gets boring if the RPers are low on lore knowledge and just talk about their character, but i guess that is also part of it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I can't really choose a favorite race, but if I did it would have to be the Forsaken. Their backstory just appeals to me. They conflict with many morals, and are often put down and treated like monsters. They believe that what they are doing is right and are being put down for it. Although the faction of them that go around creating disease don't get much pity from me. My other favorite race has to be the Tauren. I guess maybe it's because I'm half Navajo Indian, or that they are one of the only peaceful races in WoW. They seem to have no hate except for the centaur and quilboars.
My favorite class has to the warrior. The warrior is and always will be the basic unit for war. Warriors can vary from bloodthirsty to calm and protective. Sure warriors lack diversity, but where would a culture be without them? I also like how warriors lack stealthiness, charging headlong into battle, and still take down their foe.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope that this server isn't another instant 80, GM being able to spam, but players will get in trouble, and also not god-mode for everyone. I hope that when I log in I will be able to find a nice group of players who are easy to RP with and make friends with. I also hope that friends of GMs aren't able to get away with anything.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the exploit and God-Mode banning. And also the enforcement on maturity.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I awoke, everything seemed cold. I expected to blinded by the morning light and have to blink to see, but strangely it was dark. I assumed it must of been storming, judging by the rain and darkness. When I finally decided to leave my bed I noticed my wife wasn't asleep at my side, I thought to myself
"Where is she? Oh, she did say something about being out of grain, so she must still be at the market or baking the bread."
Eventually I made my way downstairs, but she wasn't there. I also noticed our little girls weren't awake yet. I called upstairs "Girls its time to wake up! I need some help with breakfast!".They had always enjoyed helpin make breakfast. I waited for an answer, but after about two minutes there was no answer. I decided to wake them up myself, but when I went to their room, no-one was in sight. "I guess she must have taken them with her to the market.
When making my return to the kitchen I noticed a small dark bug on the floor making its way to the cellar. "Must be some old grain down their. I should probably throw it out."
As I looked around the basement, I noticed the strong smell of decay. I looked around for a source, but had yet to find it. I found the grain, when I noticed one of my daughter's shoes on the floor. All I could think was "By the Light, please don't take one of my girls!" I ran over to the shoe and the smell seemed a bit stronger.
I began feeling a few tears streaming down my face, as I looked up and saw the horrible sight of my wife huddled together with our daughters with a knife in her hand and a pool of blood surrounding them. My wife emitted a high pitch scream and shouted "Don't you dare take my girls, you monster!". She had finally gone insane. Believing that I was a monster and took the life of our daughters thinking it was the only way to save them. But then I heard small crying coming from one of the girls. "They're still alive, praise the light!"
I had to do something to save them from her, but I only could find a pair of brass knuckles in my pocket. "Wear did these come from? Oh well it's something!". I leaped at her, but she held the knife out in defense and it stuck me right in the stomach. I cringed at the wound, but I still a fight in me, and I would do anything to save my little girls. While the knife was still in me I began pummeling her, trying to avoid the girls. She let out a deafening cry of pain and slumped over. I picked up the girls and ran back upstairs. They seemed to still be in shock, as they screamed the entire time. After setting them down, they both sprinted to the door.
I ran trying to catch them, but then something caught my eye. It was a mirror. I saw it in the corner of my eye. There was a horrible monster staring back at me. It took me a few minutes to realize. . .the monster was me. I looked down at myself and noticed the brass knuckles turned into horribly twisted claws and the smell of decay was me. In madness I ran out into the open, the entire city was burning, there were corpses everywhere. I thought "What have I done?!?! What happened to me?!!?". While running around aimlessly I heard someone yell "Prince Menethil! Theres another one over here!". I began yelling "Who are you? Why are you here? Who did this?".
I began glancing around to look for any answer to my question, but all I saw was death, then I saw him, Prince Menethil, mercilessly mauling citizens that were running away. He then turned to me after killing the last innocent child, and ordered his soldiers to destroy me. I froze in place scared at what was happening. All I saw was an elf, walk up, raise his hand, then it all went black.

I awoke in the cold, it was like the last time, only this time I was in a tomb. I searched around for someone to ask were I was. When I finally found my way out all I could see were more monsters around me. One of them spoke, "About time you woke up. We were ready to toss you into the fire with the others, but it looks like you made it. We are Forsaken, and you are the Lich King's slave no more."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The only RP I don't like is when, younger characters use words and terms from this time, Like dude and they use cussing alot. I prefer more warlike and Death Knight RP.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I really enjoyed reading your story, enjoy your stay. ;]