Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Michisige's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I have been playing Roleplaying games for many years now, I just recently discovered Roleplaying itself, and I'm intrigue.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the good ol USA, English of course.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

An old co-worker of mine gave me my first trial account code over a year ago, have not stopped playing.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Well, I'll be honest, I'm tired of the roleplay servers blizzard has, they don't have any rules for those who join it so you end up with many players who are there just to play the game(level as fast as possible, spam, talk down to people) it has its fun yes but when your looking to roleplay an adventure, or something like it, you have a problem finding a server that fits that need.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Well I enjoy all forms of roleplay, but my favorite would be dangerous, or in a group, I enjoy having a mix of people when I'm with a party roleplaying (different races, classes, makes for a wide range of roleplay options)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Dwarves, its that simple, Dwarves are in my opinion the coolest race in the game, I mean your only four foot tall, yet you drink ale by the barrel, as strong as an ogre, and are handy with a mining pick and blacksmiths hammer. As for class, Paladin is my favorite class, I enjoy how difficult it is to roleplay a Paladin(the light, being righteous, following a strict code of moral ethics)

What are your expectations of this server?:

Mostly just roleplay, and to keep the people who are here to "ruin" our fun out.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

How this server is IC almost all of the time, I enjoy how I'll wont be the only one talking IC and not saying in trade chats "LFG Pally PST RFK DPS blah blah blah" drives me insane.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Its noon, a young night elf sits alone at the back of the room of this old dusty tavern. He adorns a golden set of chain mail armor, with a large sword attached to his back, hes dirty, mud and muck cover his face, a large cut can be seen across his forehead. His eyes are are fixated on his glass of wine, but you can see that he is distraught about something, he says nothing and finishes his wine.
He stands without word and begins to walk to the door, he stops and stares at you, he smiles and kneels down in front of you. He hands you an egg with a small letter and says,
"Do not open this letter till this egg hatches young one...for if you do you will not understand the meaning."
And with that the man stood and walk out of the tavern.
Months have past since the man was last here, you haven't seen him since that day.
As you sit down at your table the egg the man gave you begins to move, it starts to shake, its going to hatch. As you sit and watch, the egg hatches, a baby phoenix emerges..remembering what the man said you reach into your pocket and open the letter, it reads:
This world is falling apart youngling, war is a never ending thing it seems nowadays, i was but your age when i first went to war, i have seen and done things that no living being should ever have to, yet i do it and i continue to do it, for one reason, You and this baby phoenix he is the last of his kind and it will be your responsibility to watch over him and protect him, for he may become a powerful ally some day...
Signed
I.S
After finishing the letter you look at the phoenix, a smile spreads across your face as you utter the new animals name....Al'ar.

((This is a work of fiction, I'm not quoting anything from warcraft lore))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
As stated in the at the start of this introduction, I'm relatively new to roleplaying, i enjoy it immensely but I'm still new, so my speech for my race(dwarves) isn't too great, i have a hard time trying to think how they would say something, as well as my understanding of making stories, never was a good liar.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Seeing as you're reasonably new to roleplay, http://www.wowpedia.org/ holds all your answers to lore.. well, most of them. Feel free to ask anyone about lore, we're here to help!

And about the Dwarven way of speech.. Never roleplayed a Dwarf before, but they have a Scottish accent I think. (Or Irish?)
You'll find a lot of information about that here:
http://www.cs.stir.ac.uk/~kjt/general/s ... alectWords

If you want to keep it simple, listen how he talks through his video chain of 'Learn the Scottish Accent'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrCMB7N5V1s