Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tez's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hiya, I'm Tez. I'm here from another game, which I still play and have no intention of quitting. I'm 19, working on getting into a pretentiou--er, I mean, prestigious animation school, and I absolutely love all things fantasy. In real life, I'm the shy, geeky girl who's always fidgeting with some gadget like an iPod, DS, or cell phone. I'm not really a particularly "techie" person; I just never grew out of that constant desire for new toys. My primary love in life is fantasy fiction, be it in the form of a book, movie, or game, but my love of technology has made steampunk my mistress.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from Canadaland, and I speak English. I don't know any other languages, though I'd like to learn another one some time, especially since having recently moved to BC. It has a much more diverse population than Alberta, where I lived for twelve-ish years or so, and I kind of feel like a foreigner in my own country. That, and while my fascination with anime and manga has come and gone, that phase has left me with a fascination with the cultures of other countries (not just Japan, but it was sort of the gateway).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I tried the ten-day trial while my other MMO's server was down for an extended period of time, ages ago. I was on a supposed "RP" server, but only met one decent roleplayer (and several indecent ones, if you catch my drift).

Anyway, I enjoyed the gameplay and graphics, but found myself craving a story to go with it, and merely reading the lore didn't quite suffice. So, just recently, I found myself Googling "Free WoW RP Server", and CotH came up on one of the results.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The fact that it's a real roleplay server, of course! I'm still working my way through the lore, but I have a character in mind that's plain and unassuming enough to fit into most settings - I'll likely be inspired to work aspects of the story into her own as I learn. The servers I've tried are quite obnoxious - I was on Wyrmrest Accord for a while and only found one roleplayer that didn't either just want cyber or just plain ignore me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like casual, everyday sort of roleplay - just playing that friendly stranger in the tavern that'll listen to your character boast or rant or regale with their latest adventures. I don't like roleplay-fighting, though admittedly, I do have a penchant for going after the NPC beasts every once in a while. I'm the sort of player that likes to have a handful of characters, each with a vastly different personality than the other. For example, on my current game, I play a huntress that acts tough but really lets her emotions get the best of her, a painfully shy sculptor, a slightly mentally unstable eleven year old (yeah, I know, psychotic little girls are somewhat unoriginal...but they're unoriginal 'cause they're fun to play!), and a wise old priestess with a pipe smoking habit.

I like to play out complicated relationships with other characters - not necessarily romantic or sexual ones (though those are the easiest to complicate XD), but secret grudges, one-sided love, trying to figure out that mysterious elf or cheer up a typically grumpy dwarf...all my kinda thing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Night Elves. I confess, the only real reason I have for this is: "Hurr, they're purdy."

I've always been a fan of elves. My first character was a stereotypical, Tolkien-style, blonde elf girl who eventually became a silly, hopeless romantic, elf girl with a case of narcolepsy that frequently proved rather inconvenient to her party (oh, and, as you may have guessed, yes. Yes, I did get into roleplay around the time Fellowship of the Ring came out in theatres. :P ). I do enjoy playing other races, though - it's refreshing to play a human or a gnome once in a while. I even rather enjoyed playing a troll, a tauren, and an undead during my trial (though each only lasted about a day due to the limited time period I had to explore), despite the Alliance having more of my style of races.

And just to be even less original, my favourite class is Druids. Again, it's mostly the aesthetic I like, though I also found them the easiest to play in my trial. Plus you can shapeshift into a giant kitty. That's freakin' awesome. XD

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect to find some decent roleplay to while away my evenings, or possibly give me something to do when that nasty ole' insomnia of mine rears its ugly head yet again. I see myself spending most of my time around the low-level areas, practicing my in-character career(s) when there's not much roleplay to be found, and lazily spending my earnings from that on buying other characters drinks in exchange for tales and/or songs while there is.

I expect to most likely not spend as much time on this server as the average roleplayer here does, as I have another MMO and how much free time I have depends entirely on school. I expect that once I get my first real post-college grown-up job, I sadly won't have time for these silly games any more.

I hope I hear and/or can become somewhat involved in some excellent stories to remember this deliciously carefree lull in life before I have to grow up by.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Characters that are created purely for sexual RP, or those whose theme is heavily based on it (such as prostitutes) will be rejected."

Oh, gods, thank you! *Worships whoever wrote that*

I'm no prude myself (heck, I've had characters develop sex lives before, not that I find it necessary), but it's incredibly obnoxious to find a decent roleplayer that's only interested in cybering, and ignores me entirely when they find out my character's not easy.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

((My regular roleplay's just a little rougher than this, of course, being constant off-the-top-of-my-head-first-draft-material.))

Tez watched from a high branch as several passers-by pointed at a map, murmuring in soft tones that made their words unintelligible, even to her keen hearing. She narrowed her eyes, scrutinizing the map as best she could from her vantage point. They weren't going anywhere special.

Losing interest in the map, the elf stealthily descended the tree she'd been perched in, keeping an eye on the travelers. They moved noisily, coins clinking in pouches not particularly well-hidden. She reached into her own coin pouch, plucking a copper coin from her meager earnings. She followed the group for some time, waiting for the right opportunity.

"I need to, ah, step into the woods for a moment, guys." said one of the group - a tall human with jet-black hair and a handsome, if slightly aged, face.

"What for?" a dwarf grunted.

"Let's just say, I shouldn't have emptied my canteen so quick earlier."

"Oh."

"Just keep going; it's getting dark, and I can handle any beast prowling around here."

Tez smiled softly as the others departed. Nobody seemed to have noticed her. She waited at the side of the road for the man to return once he finished his business, making sure she was on one knee, facing the opposite of the direction she'd been going, when he got back. She stood up and looked at the man as he returned.

"Oh, hello, sir. I found this coin a moment ago. It was still warm. Is it yours?" she asked, trying to sound as sweet and unassuming as she could.

"I guess so," he said. "Not often you find someone as honest as yourself. Keep the coin."

"Oh, I couldn't," Tez replied, shaking her head. "Please, take it back?"

"If you insist," he said with a shrug, fiddling with his pouch to open it.

Tez suddenly stepped forward, dropping the coin in. The man seemed surprised, but made no move to resist. He thanked her and the two parted ways.

Once she was fairly certain she was out of sight, Tez looked at the round, flat object she'd palmed while her hand was in the pouch at the man's side. It was a whetstone. The girl could've sworn she heard laughter shortly after she angrily yelled a string of foul words into the air, sending several small birds flying out of the trees.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I noticed on the rules page, there were a few abbreviations I was unfamilar with, like "ICA=ICC". While it was easy to infer that the cited one is "In Character Actions = In Character Consequences" or something alike.

I'm already quite familiar with the usual "IC/OOC", "RP", etc, but, are there any abbreviations more specific to CotH that I should know?

I'm also kind of new to WoW in general - I was totally clueless during the trial. I mean, I could fight and whisper just fine, but most of the "looking for x" chat and such went right over my head, and I kind of took a while to learn the controls. How patient is the CotH community with newbies like myself?
Tez Wrote:Night Elves.
I lurf you for that. Also, you forgot to mention your favorite class. :)

Tez Wrote:How patient is the CotH community with newbies like myself?
Don't worry, we've all been new to WoW and/or to Roleplaying once. There is nothing wrong about it. People here will surely try their best to aid you and help you to improve. :)

Welcome to the server!

Remember to /join chat in-game, because that is where all the awesome discussions are happening! Also, feel free to PM either on the forums or in-game if you have any questions! :D

Hope to RP with you some time, Tez.
dilnikas Wrote:Also, you forgot to mention your favorite class. :)

*Blushes* 'Kayfixed >_>;;

dilnikas Wrote:Don't worry, we've all been new to WoW and/or to Roleplaying once. There is nothing wrong about it. People here will surely try their best to aid you and help you to improve. :)

It's just WoW I'm new to; I've been roleplaying since I was twelve.

Glad to hear people are willing to help - though, that usually is the norm in roleplay communities. My early experience with less friendly games just has me mildly suspicious of every new one I jump into, I guess. ^^;
Tez when you played the 10 day trial, you've played on the real server right ? With Wrath of the Lich king and everything else ? You had patch 3.1 at least ?

I'm on patch 3.2.0 and everytime I try to log in CotH it says the game version is not valid... could anyone tell me in detail what I have to do to get in CotH server?

Please? -- Oh yea this should be in another forum but hopefully someone will help me here lol I'll put a thread in another forum but I'd still look up here is someone answered. Thanks
Ooh, Druids too? I lurf you even more for that! :D <3
Ack! Forgot about CotH for a bit - I've been playing the official servers for some time; just connected to this server now. Anyway, just lettin' ya know, I'm still alive ^^;
Ohwow I've changed a lot since writing this. And I've been gone for ages, playing other games and playing retail (and, y'know, real life and such). I noticed that I can't post elsewhere, should I redo the introduction now?
Whoah. Necro thread is very very necro. Welcome back, heh.
Thanks. Here's hoping I stick around a little longer next time...long enough to actually get in on some RP ^^;