Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: s0urc3's Introduction o/
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a long-time old-school WoW player, been around since the vanilla days when RP was what RP servers were actually about. I've always been extremely involved in the communities I find myself in, going as far as realizing (and accepting) that I paid $15 a month for what was essentially an over-glorified chatroom. :D
I mostly stick to PvE, always preferring taking out mobs to taking out other players, but I have been known to jump into an arena or BG and rock a bit of face here and there. The raid environment's almost a little too much for me, though, but I love the small 5-man (and some 10-man) instances.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the USA and only speak English with any real fluency (which is kind of unfortunate considering my foreign language minor...).
The minor's in Japanese, but I'm hardly an Otaku. For the most part, I really just enjoy the culture and the people. This summer was my first trip out of the country to spend two weeks there, and it was amazing. Not really better than America, but very, very different.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A couple friends and I picked up our retail boxes long ago in late 2005. Got into a great guild and left them behind when they quit a year later.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The community represented in the forums and the respect for old-school RP.
I prefer a closer-knit community to a large one, so CotH seems like a nice fit.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm extremely flexible and can never really decide. Some days, I love a good tavern story. Others, I like to get out and throw down on an enemy or a boss.
I tend to avoid character conflicts and prefer writing and learning about characters' backgrounds. I've always loved telling stories, so the chance to play my own out has always been a good experience.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm absolutely enthralled by the Forsaken if only for the atmosphere of their territory. It's one of my favorites in the game. My favorite class to play is a priest for the Light v. Shadow dichotomy. My favorite class lore is split between the Death Knight and the Rogue.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A good time with good people who will hopefully become good friends :D

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It's not really a regulation per se, but I really appreciate seeing the attention to the players' needs as opposed to what might be easier on the admins in terms of adding stuff to the game.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Quote:
He drew his bow gently, string resting softly near his cheek. The strain of the flexing wood flowed through his arms, forcing a sensation in his gut he thoroughly enjoyed. The bow's tension caused the arrow to sing quietly in his ear, the arrowhead glowing its plague-bearing orange hue. The thousand screamed as one, charging blindly forward to the jungle in which he stood, hidden. He breathed out, muttering a blessing over his bow, and released. The arrow flew forward with a scream, an orange glow brushing through leaves and hanging vines. The few warriors that heard the arrow before it struck turned to watch it soar, striking the first warrior in the soft of his belly. The ranger smirked as he watched the warrior fall to his knees, eyes rolling back in his head as his stomach exploded in a fountain of blood. An acrid haze seeped from the carnage stretching wide over the area, affecting each of his men in turn. He ran backwards into the trees, picking a root-bound hiding spot to cloak himself and watched, one by one, all the haze touched fell in the same way, until the army of charging enemies was halved by the fog and a pool of blood covered the field. Pulling his dagger from its sheath, he closed his eyes and with his finger drew a runic pattern over the blade, causing it to glow green in a freshly conjured poison. He laid under the root for another moment, listening to the patterns of the soldiers' footsteps. He breathed in, air fogging with an icy haze around his mouth, and exhaled as he stood slowly from his hiding place. The now hundreds of soldiers rushed forth in a wide swath through the jungle, rows and rows pushing on towards him. The ranger picked one unfortunately under-armored soldier and ran to him, crouching low. At once, he stood and sprinted faster, meeting the eyes of a single warrior. They drew their weapons, the ranger his dagger, the soldier his sword, and clashed into each other for only a moment before the ranger moved on, choosing his next target as the first one fell to the instantaneous decay of his flesh, a scream silenced by the bones striking the roots at the ground. Through the ranks, the ranger carried on, silently decomposing all he faced...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing I can think of for the moment, but I often spend long hours in front of a computer at work, so I'll have no choice but to answer any question offered in this thread :P

Edited for a bit of extra info.
Please, expand on your answers a bit! You can never make them too long! Details are your friends, not your enemies! :D

Welcome to the server!
Got a little bit of expansion done, haha.

Thanks!
Looks a bit better now. I'm there with you about preferring the 5/10-mans.

Welcome to CotH!