Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tell us about yourself, as a player:
hello, my name is taco (no joke its a normal name here :P) i am 19 years old. i play world of warcraft for a pretty long time (dont remember how long exactly but i played before the burning crusade came out) and i rp for about 2 years.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
im from holland, my main language is dutch and yes i have spelling mistakes but im doing my best to avoid them.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
it started with warcraft 3. back then i loved rts games and warcraft 3 was a pretty good one. later i played world of warcraft and i was amazed by the game. i bought it the day after.

What made you seek our server over others?:
i wanted to play on a rp server that does not have poeple running around on rp places just to annoy me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
i like most kinds.. mostly ill be in the bar or tavern, but i also enjoy a good fight.(as long as there are no god emotes) i also like to explore.
What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
tauren.. i like the fact that they are big and strong and also peacefull and have respect for nature. my faforite class would be the druid or the hunter.

What are your expectations of this server?:
from what i have been reading online i expect it to be a good and fun server with only rpers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
no god emotes

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(please ignore my bad spelling :P)
long ago during the war with the centaur, there was a tauren named apapar bloodhorns. his father was the chieftain of his tribe. but one day a centaur troop came to the camp and slain most warriors and his father and now he had to lead the few survivors to safetey. they travelled ly there had many obstacles, untill one day they found the bloodhoof camp. cairne the leader of this camp took them in but they knew the centaur would soon come to here also. after cairne his tribe gone with thrall to find the grassland of mulgore to build thier new homes. apapar lost both his brothers while fighting centaur on the way there. but finnaly they reached mulgore. (its hard for me to make a short story but i did not want to make it to long :P)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
i have spelling mistakes every now and then. not to much with words but with where to place the , and '' ''
but that is mainly becouse im dyslectic (its a reading and writing disorder im not sure what the english word for it is) i have no trouble with reading although
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, northern nabour!

For someone dyslectic AND with another first language, your typing skills are amazing. Well, in my eyes.

The only remark I can make is that there is a lack of capitalizations and punctuation marks. This is not to annoy you, but it's this thing we have in CotH, helpful criticism. ;] But, of course, we will most certainly keep in mind of your disorder.

Enjoy your stay!

-Gwen from Belgium
Thanks, i dont mind critisism, always happy to learn something.

By the way i have trouble connecting to the server, i have followed the steps of the how to connect topic but the game says unable to validate game version when i try to log in. It could be becouse when i click the download link for the realmlist file i get a page with: set realmlist coth.game-host.org
set patchlist coth.game-host.org
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us
so i just put this in my original realmlist.ftw file instead of having a new one since i was not able to download it. if there is a downloadable realmlist file could someone send it to me or tell me how i can get it?