Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Boomshine's Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have been role playing online now for around three years. Until know my experiences have been exclusively on Grand Theft Auto modifications running organised crime based role play scripts. Throughout my time role playing I gained a reputation for being an above average role player, I think stemming from my love of storytelling. I have administrated in communities with active members in the hundreds and a server which achieved daily peeks of around 80 players.
Now here I am looking for something new.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and live in England and English is my first language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I began playing World of Warcraft on a private server in the winter of 2007 when I was invited by a friend. For around two months I had fun levelling with a group of friends until it became repetitive and I return to the GTA RP community I was a part of at the time.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I am still in search of the role play utopia where hundreds of players converge daily in the aim of nothing more than telling stories. I realise this might not be it but it is the closest I have managed to find.
I recently left the role play community I had been a part of for some time because I didn't feel the role play I was getting was very interesting after several years of the same thing. From playing WoW before and reading the mass of posts and literature I know it is a gaming world perfectly suited to RP in an arena I have yet to try role playing in.
I am still in the process of acquiring WoW again which I think is going to take at least a few days so in the mean time I thought I would get this introduction posted and read up on as much as I can.

What kinds of role play do you enjoy?:
The role play I enjoy most is the role play that doesn't disintegrate into a mass of OOC complaining and arguing. It can be just as much fun role playing a lock-in in a tavern with a few friends as role playing a huge siege as long as everyone remembers that we are all here to role play and enjoy ourselves.

What is your favourite race/class? Why?:

From a role play perspective I have no favourite race or class. I'm confident you could produce an interesting character from pretty much any combination. I will probably play it safe and start with a human.

What are your expectations of this server?:

From what I have read so far I expect a decent standard of role play and welcoming community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?

For me maturity is key. Without maturity and a level head all round, hours of good role play can be ruined and people leave feeling bitter. In communities where members lack maturity playing can become a chore and in the end we all enjoy our time a lot less. I believe role play is largely about compromise and it takes a mature head to understand when to compromise and how it benefits the server as a whole.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Lucas slumped over his drink with the look of a man whom circumstance had beaten to a pulp.
“She was the one,” he wept. “We were supposed to marry and have children. But what do I have now? The ear of a barkeep and a handful of drunks.”

The bar tender rolled his eyes. This was an all too common sight." There, there. Plenty more fish in the sea.”

“But she was the one, I know it. Her hair, her smile ...her eyes,” Lucas droned before taking a long, lonely gulp from his chalice.

“My friend, you said the same thing about the girl from the farm, and the tailor's daughter. Never have I seen a man with such a fickle heart.”

“I wouldn't expect you to understand.” Lucas gazed to the bottom of his drink, all hope lost.

“I'll have you know Turan Wryly was quite the Casanova in his day. In fact you remind me of myself give or take a few years,” offered the bar keep.

“Does that mean I am also destined to tend a bar and lend an ear to the downtrodden?”

“Where's your fight, boy? I thought this girl was worth fighting for?”

“She is...”

“If this girl says she is not interested you make her interested. Show her why she would be the envy of every warm blooded women for miles if she were to be seen with you.”

Lucas slammed down his cup. “You're right!”

“Of course I'm right.”

Lucas rose from his seat. “I'll wow her with my swordsmanship.”

“That's the spirit.”

“I'll dazzle her with my intellect.” With each proclamation Lucas was instilled with more and more confidence and enthusiasm.

“She won't be able to resist you,” replied the bar keep.

“I'll sweep her off her feet.”

“Course you will. ...Right after you've paid your tab.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?

RPing in WoW is a step out of my comfort zone and what I am used to so there is plenty I will have to pick up, but I think I can do that by reading the info on the forums and I am sure I'll learn the norms as I play in the server.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

http://www.wowpedia.org holds most answers to your lore questions, but feel free to ask! You can join chat by typing '/join chat' in game, that is were OOC server related bisuness goes in. For just OOC talk, /join barrenschat.

But, if you'd like to start with easy races to roleplay, Gnomes and Tauren have a pretty easy history, the Forsaken too?
Well, you could investigate the playable races in WoWWiki and see what suits you most.

Best of luck in the roleplaying world of.. word of warcraft!