Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Totalitarian's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I have been roleplaying for several years. My most recent roleplaying took place in a MUD named (Forgotten Kingdoms), and as I slowly left this MUD and started heading back to World of Warcraft(In hopes of a similar roleplaying community) I was greatly disappointed by the realization that roleplaying had become boring to me. And so came the time of just killing things without a real goal. And, as result, my roleplaying is still casual. It took a friend throwing a Dungeons and Dragons v3.5 Player's Handbook at me before I would even consider roleplaying again. So yeah, as a player I mostly kill things. But I enjoy roleplaying, I'm just not a complete stick in the mud.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
My primary language is American English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, back in the 90s I remember getting a copy of Warcraft:Orcs and Humans and playing it for a little while. Then I played little to no Warcraft themed games until I saw World of Warcraft on a friend's laptop. I've been hooked ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was running around in circles on retail complaining about how bad the roleplaying was when a friend said "Just find a private roleplay server, they use GM commands and s*** to morph into things or whatever." So I googled Private Roleplaying Servers and CotH was the first on the list.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm usually open to all roleplaying situations, how else will I get back into the swing of things?

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm a huge fan of Gnomes. I go at this from the perspective of someone who loves small acts of wit wherever I go, and gnomes fill this part or the roleplaying universe. I'm used to Gnomes being witty pranksters who generally do not wish to harm the people they play pranks on, but to get a laugh or two. I am also a Dwarf junkie. In Dungeons and Dragons I was always playing as a dwarf fighter/cleric. Who doesn't love cantankerous , hairy beings that can move mountains? As far as classes go, I approach this from the view of "Hm, would I trust a known thief(Rogue) in my house?". I play classes that I feel are generally not chaotic in nature.

What are your expectations of this server?:
The only thing I really expect is that the player-base isn't arrogant and self-righteous about their "Mad RP Skillz". It's a game, and the only form of escapism I really own(exception of books), so I try to enjoy it without being a bigot.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Rules are rules, they are all mostly beneficial but can also end up restricting you. Probably the one rule I agree with most is maturity, but I myself enjoy being silly sometimes.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Perspiration trailed it's way down the bridge of my nose as I stared down at the game board. Even though I was fully aware that my next move would be one of luck, the pressure was enough to turn lumps of coal into diamonds. I raised my hand and slowly picked up my three die and said "You're mine, Central America." as my opponent smirked oddly, as if he was satisfied with my decision. I shook the dice, their cool edges bashing into the cage that was my hand, begging to escape and demanding to decide my fate as I slowly let them fly toward the table. They danced across the wood as I wiped away the sweat from my brow. The numbers of my opponents dice were clearly a three, four, and a six. But I still sat, afraid to look at the outcome of this somewhat foolish move. The table shook, and laughter burst out as I looked down, seeing that my roll had fallen short, and I lost 2 units of my deployed forces. I released a blood curdling cry as I realized this attempt was ultimately a failure. A cry so loud that the heavens shook and made the sky drown it with rain.

That is as far as this story will go.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm very sleepy. I figured that would be cool to add because I'm usually tired.
Welcome to CotH! Me thinks the servers are down at the moment. Most everyone I've met so far has been helpful and supportive. It's a pretty good RP community, so long as the rules are followed. :mrgreen:
You won't find any morphing or GM commands for the players here, but even the worst RPers we've ever had were far better than the terribad episodes I've seen on Retail.
Not looking for such a thing, really. Just a Private Roleplaying server I can pop into once in awhile.