Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Oubliette's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
I love RP and while I'm not afraid of OOC, I prefer to keep immerse once I get my sea-legs with the game mechanics. I table-top RP every Friday night with friends and play very few MMOs any longer, though I do intend to play Star Wars: Old Republic when it's released and I play CoH from time to time.

I am very busy in real life and certainly would not be grinding levels in this. I will likely be spending a considerable time at low level or playing dressy-bessy with my character (yep, I'ma goil)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
United States. I speak English primarily

How did you get into Warcraft?: Years ago, off and on, gaming with friends and run off from every RP server I went to by gold-farmers, leet-kids and power-gamers like a digital refugee. Eventually i stopped altogether to avoid the hassle.

What made you seek our server over others?: Well, this was the first I discovered with the "RP" designator and I like your rule-set.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm fond of the Undead as a first choice. They're victims to a degree, accepting their lot and attempting to maintain their existence in a world they're mostly shunned from. Their former lives gone, even if some of their family members live, they no longer would be recognized among the humans. What a torment and they're forced to ally with the races that once fought against their families. Well, lets face it, I enjoy playing under-dogs.

What are your expectations of this server?: Roleplay and casual gameing, free of gold farmers, 1337-speek and twinks. I have no further expectations and will play it by ear.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.) Emphasis on maintaining a favorable RP environment. (#5)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

She labored under the instruction of her foul master and was taught to perform the rudimentary duties of a wizard's apprentice, though performing magic was forbidden her, instead she fetched objects, fed caged beasts, toiled with preparation of inks, cleaning chambers, gathering of herbs, scrubbing robes and other unsavory things, but the girl was quick of hand and stole books and would read some of them by the glow of moss when her masters rested and learned the rudimentary knowledge of magics, for it was in her blood, that connection to arcane powers and the blood sang to her, giving her insight to the text. She would often speak with another thrall held captive.

He was a man from the north who'd been captured while seeking out dwarven treasures and he taught her of the Raven Queen and her works, how a good death would justify a poor life, teaching her that the she was served well by those that drank the marrow of life and then accepted her cold touch when it came to take them to her dark kingdom. Malask began to pray to her then, promising her worship to the goddess should the Illithids be ushered unto death, a prayer that was answered when the brutal Githyanki attacked the colony of Mind-Flayers.

Malask found herself capable of considering escape where before even the thought of it sickened her to convulsions and she stole away with in the chaos and eventually found her way to the surface and with her newfound freedom vowed to fulfill her promise to the Raven Queen and to gain power formed a pack with the powers of hell, much as her ancestors did and thought she did not know it, continuing the inescapable corruption laid down in blood so many years ago, a fate she, like all Tiefling, carried with her.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
No other questions, I'm sure I'll learn as i go.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, corpsie!

Enjoy your stay, and best of luck. ;]
Khashgrokk Wrote:Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, corpsie!

Enjoy your stay, and best of luck. ;]
Much thanks.

Quick question, on which I seem a little fuzzy, should the Lich King be installed or simply the burning crusade? The install instructions said Crusade as i recall but the game, when I attempted to log in, said I should have Lich King and punted me. Pardon if I missed this somewhere, rather tired here, reinstalling WoW from zero (so many hours spent).
Wrath of the Lich King patch 3.1.3.
WELCOME TO THE SERVER!

Remember to /join chat in-game and feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions! :)

Also, I think you forgot to answer the question about your favorite RP types. :D
I found a question I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere else! Woo hoo, I knew I'd have questions.

I saw, when logging in for the first time, that Death Knight was an available class. Now I've never had the chance to play one when I -did- play retail wow as it was before WotLK and would love to give it a try.

Now, I logged out and checked to see if I could play one and on:http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Creating_a_Character

- I didn't see it as an available class to play, so it begs the question, is it possible the Wiki was not updated? MAY I play one? I'd likely revive an old character and move her from Forsaken Warrior to Forsaken Death Knight or even do something else (re-worked concept).

Waiting with baited-breath,
Rachel/Oubliette
Hmm, I think Death Knights require special profiles, which on it's turn, requires you to be a grunt.
That's correct.
*/e makes a grunting noise, hoping to fool them with her clever ruse, "Why, just us grunts here sir" :P