Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lancebreaker's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm 27 years old, and an avid gamer, though mostly of the tabletop variety.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born in the US of A as a native English speaker.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
This will be my first time playing WoW, though I have played and enjoyed all other iterations of the game. My girlfriend got excited to find this RP server for the game and invited me to abandon our City of Heroes role-play and venture into the realm of fantasy.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was introduced to the server by my girlfriend, and, after reading through the site, find that this server quells all my fears and hesitations towards playing "WoW" enough to play for the purposes of role-play.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As an avid RPer, I enjoy all forms, from relaxing taverns to action and danger, though tend towards smaller groups and pairs rather than crowds.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Having never played WoW, I can't rightly say, though my inclination would be to say an orc or troll rogue. It would definitely be horde, as I have always enjoyed the anti-hero and the villain. Rogues appeal to me as clever tricksters and intelligent scrappers, who depend much more on cunning than on brawn to win the day.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to act, react, explore and adventure with my girlfriend.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
To be honest: "Keyboard Skills" appeals to me the most, because nothing annoys me more or destroys suspension of disbelief quicker than "1337 speak" can.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
From a table-top Star Wars game, a private obituary from my character's perspective for her dead master:

Kus'kah became a part of the living force today, long before her time. My teacher to the end, she gave her life in her final lesson to me, and I can only hope that I understood. It is a shame that she had to fall to a dark jedi, who I can only assume is a sith, powerful in the force and gleefully dark in spirit.

For a moment I gave in to passion, my rebuke of the dark jedi's power was fueled by my desire to help my master, and the darkness of the passion worked through my usage of the force, turning the crushing force of the technique back at the dark jedi. I felt a moment of vengeance as I held her aloft, crushing her with her own power. With Kus'kah's quick rebuke, I dropped her, and had I not Kus'kah might still live, but at what cost…

For all my triumph, for all my training, that Kus'kah's last words to me were a warning against the dark side, I know that I am still not ready for knighthood, if I ever will be, I am still too much my mother's child.

I am comfortable with my final words to Kus'kah:

“There is no Death, there is The Force.”

May she rest peacefully.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Please keep in mind that, while new to WoW, I am an old hat at RP (both on and off-line) and Warcraft.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Though, I must say, there isn't exactly an evil playable faction in the World of Warcraft. The Alliance and Horde are kind of equally good, or evil. People tend to think the Horde to be evil due their appearance, silly predujices.

In any way, seeing as you're new to World of Warcraft, <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wowpedia.org]www.wowpedia.org</a><!-- w --> holds most of your lore answers. But, feel free to ask! You'll find a lot of helpful guides on this site too, explore and have fun.

Now, enjoy your stay and best of luck!