Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My introduction to you.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hi there, as you might read my name is Zoey.
I am a friendly, compassionate and easy going person. I love to read (for example 'Don't tell anyone' [Harlan Coben], I love to write, to swim and to simply relax in the sun.
I'm a 16 year old girl studieing to become a psychologist because I like to help people with any of their problems.
I've been RPing on WoW's retail servers for quite some time now, and I'd like to know how people might be on the private servers. When I roleplay I place myself inside my character and let myself get intreguied by the stories that might evolve around the city.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from The Netherlands and speak primarily dutch and english on a daily basis, because of my father whom is from the UK himself and my mother also from The Netherlands.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Honestly, I didn't even know about The world of warcraft (I know, shame on me.) But my brother is rather a gamer, he introduced the game to me, and I never stopped playing since march 2005.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Well to be fair, there aren't very many RP private servers and since yours was on the top of the list and actually had players online at midnight made it an interesting server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I could swing in any kind of direction, from a friendly quick conversation to dangerous adventures in the most odd places.
I don't like spending my roleplaying time alone, I don't think anyone does.
Anyway, I can't deal with godRP, but I guess that goes without saying. I mostly enjoy to explore various adventures with interesting people whom I can engage great, open and maybe even playfull conversations.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I mainly like to roleplay as a Sin'dorei because they are mistical, mysterious and beautifull but slightly tainted and corrupt creatures wich make them fun to play because you could chose any direction you'd like and not be stuck with one posture.

What are your expectations of this server?:

My expectations are high because when I look at the other introductions I mainly see experianced RPers wich is always a good sign, none of those children thinking the level of the character is their age, hehe.
But I never know what I'll get, but thats the fun part right? We'll just have to see.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Maturity

Specifically, the ability to deal with issues in a rational, reasonable, adult manner. It means being able to have the clarity of vision to be critical and honest with oneself, and to act based on the greater good rather than the personal good. It means being able to rise above pettiness, and to recognize that some conflicts are simply not worth getting into. A mature player knows better than to get involved in a confrontation with someone who is griefing them or engaging in some other irritating behavior. Players in this community and on this server should be able to put their pride aside and respond appropriately. You should also be mature enough to realize that, due to the general lack of restrictions with RP, you may encounter or stumble across some R-rated events (whether it's language, violence, intimacy or something else).

Everyone has gotten annoyed at childish behaviour, now lets keep it friendly, right?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Hehe, allright then. I'll let some freestyle behind here.

-Prologue-
Someone Knows.

The contents of the desk lay scattered on the floor. Along with the pages torn from my Magic and History books. My armor, the flowers Eava had givin to me as gratitude for helping her with her basic skills. Everything I owned, torn and thrown to shreds.

I made my way through the room, leaping dangerously over my splintered wooden desk, I saw a glimpse of a red piece of cloth sticking out from underneath a few planks of what I believed was once the cabinet I kept all my glasses in, not one of the glasses was broken. 'Figures..' I groaned softly to myself.
I picked up my favorite scarlet red Swashbucklers shirt and held infront of my face. My eyes wide open as I peered at it.
'Shredded...' I whispered softly.

I can't stay here. I can't stay in this room. I turned and uttered a low moan of terror.

Smeared deep red letters covered a piece of parchment that was safely secured on the hallway door.
Is that... blood? I thought to myself as I was struggling to read the blurred out letters.
My heart was pounding in my ears as I realised what the messege was telling me.
'RUN AWAY! GET OUT NOW! I KNOW EVERYTHING!'

-Chapter 1-

'Welcome to Winterspring' The white furbolg sleepily yawned as I made my way out of the cave.
I trudged along in the late-afternoon gloom. Dark clouds hung low and heavy, threatening to drench me again.
I took of my icy gloves and wiped my hands over the fabrick of my heavy brown bag in a desperate atempt to dry them off. It didn't help, I was soaked. my armor heavy of the rain. My boots had turned all soft and squishy from the inside. My darkbrown ponytail dripping icy water across my spine. I shivered, I wasn't used to this cold weather, Eversong was always such a warm and tranquil place.
I lowered my head slightly, making my worn hat slide over my wide jade eyes.
I bit tightly on my lower lip at the thoughts of never being able to return to what I had called home, My place to become from my long travalles and have long evening conversations about abselutely nothing with my trustfull friend Thoma.
I couldn't help my body from shaking, my head fealt weary and my limbs felt numb. All I felt was the piercing cold wind cutting through my armor.
I was tired, exhousted.
I felt a clamp lump rising in my throught. I didn't want to start over, I wanted simply to return home. Where I had family and friends, people who actually cared about me.
But I couldn't, I couldn't ever go back. Not after what I had done.
Don't start to cry now Rozalie, I ordered myself. As I Fought back the tears welling in my eyes.
Clouds had covered my paradise..
I turned and stared at the opposite direction. Should I try Winterspring-- or keep moving?
I wished I could forget everything that had happened, everyone from the past, who I was, or rather 'what' I was. You know, Start fresh.
But the memories would never dissapear.

I made my way through the boring white, cold and empty landscape till I came at a small house outside of Starfall Village, I would be safe here, for now. I used to come here when me and my sister Eava were little.
She was always a fan of the great marshmellow plains, as she would call it. We would have snowball fights and make snow harpies intill the sun went down. I was never really into the cold weather, I'd rather explore the great jungly of stranglethorn vale. Somehow I would always end up at the beach, enjoying the sunset as I let the the fatigue of the day sink in.
I smiled as I pictured my sister infront of me, but that smile faded quickly as I focussed on keeping my hands steady, trying to fit the key inside the lock.
The door opened with a low pitch creek and I slowly stepped inside the shadows of the small winter house.
The door closed again, it made a loud click noise. I jumped up slightly startled to the loud noise.
I made my way to the high purple table in the back of the room, trying to lit the candle wich was placed ontop of it.
Slowly the small house filled with a warm dlightfull candle light.
But suddenly I felt a cold hand being placed on my shoulder, I froze. They found me.. They had followed me!
'Not so clever are we Miss Valentine?' A surprisingly friendly voice spoke to me.
I gulped, still unable to move. How could I have been so stupid?
Why was I stood still? Why did I come here..
It didn't matter anymore, nothing did. I had lost.
'You know it's rude not to reply when someone has asked you a question?'. I heard the man speak, again his voice sounded warm, almost comforting.
'It was a retorical question, I believe, Sir.' I spoke. I was surprised to how calm I sounded, because that was abselutely not how I felt.
I heard a soft wicked snicker comming from the man.
'Trying to be a smart one, hm?' His tone suddenly became threatening.
'I'm done playing with you, it's time we had our little.. expiriment'.
I felt my heart making fast but low thumps, my body trembled as I let out a soft groan of agony.
His long nails had impaled the skin in my shoulder, hitting a few nervs and probably he had tarnished some veins.
The pain was unbarable, like someone had stabbed my flesh multiplied times.
He had hitten a presure point, making it unable for me to stay up on my feat.
I heard him letting out a satisfied giggle as he pulled a black cloth bag over my head.
It smelled horrible. Imagine the smell of unions, footfungus and a corpse that is in a near state of death, like gangreen.

My head was clouded and my muscles we're worn, I was lied down on a hard and cold floor, surrounded by flashing light and I felt something slimy at my feet.
Slowly I opened my eyes and let my eyes glance
searchingly through the room I was placed in. I saw alot of vials filled with all sorts of colours of liquid, some purple, some black, some we're even mixed colours. Some we're see-through and some had bubbles floating above them.
I saw a few stone beds, 5 to be exact, and I was placed on one. The room was covered in green slime and rats whom looked like they had died months ago.

'Ah you're awake..'
I recognised the voice to come from the left corner, just above the steel cages.
It was the man of earlier.
A bald man with a thick beard strode into the light, his white lab coat swishing with each step. He stood over six feet tall, with a large belly. He had a long crooked nose, and deep-set eyes.
Empty eyes, no laughter at all only a cold dark nothing.

'Miss Valentine,' He spoke, folding his arms across his chest.
'How are you today?'
'Fine.' I said angrily.
'Fine then, I am Dr. Shacks. I'm running this phase of the expirement. Unlike Dr. Bullgars, I will not tolarate any sarcasm. You have to understand Rozalie. You are here to learn, but to teach as well.
We must learn from you, so you -must- clear your mind and concentrate. If you refuse to obey that one simple rule, you will be finished here, is that clear?' A wild grin spreaded across Dr. Shacks face.
I felt a wave of anger overcomming me. Who doese this man think he is? They need me alot more then I need them.
I gazed into Dr. Shacks sunken eyes. He didn't turn away, he stared right back with a cold glare.
'You need to get control over your talent or you will bring yourself and others in danger.'
I shivered in anger, in the feeling of being lost so far.. You give up.
'Fine I understand'. I finally brought out.
'Allright, then let us begin.' Dr. Shacks pulled out a small bear doll out of a deep green box wich was was placed on the floor and placed it inbetween him and me.
'Show me what you can do on this small enemy.'
'What?'
'Show me what you can do on this small enemy.' He repeated.
'I don't know if I can.' I stammered.
I began to sweat.
'Unleash your power on this enemy, please.'
'I just can't -do- it, if you must know!' I brought out enraged.
Dr. Shacks slammed his fist down on the stone table, the table cracked a little underneath his hand.
'What did I just explain to you? This is not a game, this isn't even a test. This is your life!'
'I can't help it, I'm not one of your mindless minions! You can't command me to do what you want whenever you want! Get out of my face!' I taunted him.
Dr. Shacks drew in a deep breath, He leaned forward on the table, placing a hand on each edge.
'Misses Valentine, wether you know it or not, you are blessed with one of the most remarkable talents on the face of whole Azeroth. I advise you to cooperate and concentrate. If you don't, there are more important people who want to see how your abilities work. And believe me, their tests will be much more painfull than this, is that clear?'
I wanted to scream and kill this man where he stood, but I knew that this time, that wasn't the way out. I would have to be strong, and atleast try.
I knew he wasn't lieing.
My father had told me the same thing, a long line of apothecarian's waited to put my strange power to the test.
Shacks would not be the least of my problems.
I stared at the bear.
'Concentrate.' He ordered.
I focused on it, the beige fur, the round ears, those plack buttons for eyes.
In the backround I heard high pitched beeping growing faster. My heart hammered in my chest. Full of anger, full of fear.
Do it, I told myself, just do it.
'You're not concentrating!' Dr Shacks whispered.
But I was, I hurled all my energy to the fealing of something growing inside of me, slowly inflating.
I yelped, a horrifieing screetch could be heard ascaping my lips.
'Concentrate,' Dr Shacks repeated. His voice dug deep into my mind.
My power grew and I pushed harder.
As the beeping became even faster I felt my blood rushing through my veins.
My now long grown fingernals bit into my hands. The moisture on my hands could have sweat or maybe even blood.
'Concentrate.' Came the voice.
The apothecarian's voice, the enemy's voice.
Kill the enemy..
The power exploded inside my mind.
My hand hungrily went out to the bear, slashing my claw towards it, ripping it into shreds in one go.
'YES! Yes! Exactly Miss Valentine, let it all out!' I leaped swiftly towards Dr. Shacks and made myself ready to rip him appart untill my claws were cought in something.
Angry I started squirming around, trying desperatly to free myself.
My but claws we're stuck into the cold stone wall.
I lied there, breathing heavy, growling softly at the prey I had missed.
Dr. Shacks placed his hand on my head and grinned wickedly at me.
'The worgen within you has been released.. The rise of the Darkfallen has come!'

-------------------
Sorry if the story sucked I wrote it at 5 in the morning.
xx zoey.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
Thank you very much, It's always nice to get a, well.. big welcome! ^^