Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cablefish's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Erik and i'm 26 years old. I've been playing tabletop roleplaying since i was 11 and online games for many years too. I consider myself a kind and honest person.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in Copenhagen in Denmark. My primary language is Danish. My second is English. I honestly dont think this will be a problem. Or if it does then you are strict to the point of ridiculous. I dont allways get detailed spelling and grammar right but i do play decent roleplay, never use smilies and such IC.

I dont mind typing a lot and have played on some pretty hardcore roleplaying Neverwinter Nights Servers (wich to date still holds my best roleplaying experiences)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've played all of the games and i love the epic lore of Blizzards storytelling.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Your server seems to take roleplaying seriously. I really need that to enjoy myself when playing online.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
What appeals me most in roleplaying is telling a great story together. The improvisation and driving towards an unknown goal together is what draws me back into roleplaying time and time again. I dont think i have a preferred type of roleplaying though. However sometimes tavern roleplaying borders to bad dada'ist improvisation theater.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I dont think i have one. However i love the elves and bloodelves because of their backstory of hubris and torment. There's something appealing about their proud, yet fragile nature. I dont like the undead much. Maybe because i view them as the enemy of all things good.

What are your expectations of this server?:
That i'll be able to roleplay and tell a story beyond the framework of the server ruleset. That my actions and words will matter to the people i roleplay with as well as their actions matter to my experience. That roleplaying will be taken seriously and that i'll richer with experiences when i'm playing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think all the rules are nescesarry common sense. I'd follow all of them by heart whether i had read them or not. Using common sense when roleplaying is nothing new to me. Maybe they are not all nescesarry and could be replaced by a "follow common sense" guideline but then again the traditional WOW community has it's fair share of meta- and powergamers so it's probably a good thing that everything is really spelled out.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The dagger froze in her hands as she stood in the moonlight of the open window. Her shaking had nothing to do with the night breeze comming in from the seaside branches of the Teldrassil world tree. This was what she'd been working towards for so many moons. Making the right connections and impressing the right people. Why did it suddenly seem so difficult? Could this really be the right way? Looking down at the sleeping captain she hesitated.

Leaning back and taking a silent breath she remembered. Her brother had joined the Alliance defence force three years erlier. Departing with many of Teldrassils brave young elves to aid the war effort. Departing on golden sails as the sun set over the beautiful black coast. He had said it was to keep her safe. To protect the trees and the unborn elves. Although she didn't know entirely why he left her, she knew it wasn't to be used as a bargaining chip at the first parley with the Horde. Discarded like an unwanted pawn in a game of chess.

Her eyes had been wet with tears when he left on the ships with sails colored golden in the evening sun that evening three years ago. There were tears in her eyes now. He had said it was to protect her.

The knife moved in the night.

As she jumped across the rooftops towards the edge of darnassus a strange ease enveloped her. Never again would elves be used as more expendable troops. The general wasn't dead but he wouldn't be able to take sight of the battle situation anymore.

(I wish i didn't have to do this. Good stories are evolved into being. Not forced down as a proof of ones abilities)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Everything seems great. I'd just wish i didn't have to write that story as i'm not currently pleased with it myself but at the same time dont wish to spend too much time on it. Time i could be spending making better stories IC.

Hope thats everything. There is an information overload on the website and though i love browsing through it i hope i haven't missed anything. See you in game.
WELCOME TO THE SERVER!

Just remember to capitalise those "i"s - it was somewhere in the rules, I believe! :D Also, don't forget to /join chat in-game and feel free to PM me if you have any questions! :D