Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sevreths Introductions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

When it comes to gaming I take myself and others quite seriously. I usually play to help fill out the time gaps between important errands. I enjoy interacting with other people online due to the fact that people usually act differently and often express more of their true opinions.
Oh and I'm most active on weekends.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born in South Africa. Moved to Sweden at the age of eleven.
My primary language is English.
My secondary language after having moved is Swedish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I've been into the series since the original Warcraft. I've played all the games up to Warcraft III and World of Warcraft was a natural transition since I was enthralled by the story. Even though Metzen has been mucking about with the law alittle as of late I am still an avid fan of the world setting and honestly think it has alot of potential.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I enjoy RP more than any other grindtastic part of the game. Also I dislike the retail servers due to the slightly awful community. This server also seems to have a very rigid test in terms of entering the server.
This would hopefully discourage godmodders, powergamers etc. From what I've seen the community is able and willing to help people who wish to start up. In my book that is a major plus and these people should be commended.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I'm a sucker for faction roleplay. I enjoy the politics and conflicts between the two different sides.
The various events around the two sides tend to create an excellent show. Otherwise I generally enjoy most kinds of roleplay. I do tend to find prolonged tavern meetings slightly boring.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I can't say that I prefer one class or race over another. In RP I take a liking to a character based upon their history, how they interact with other characters, how well they fit into the society and so on.
I am normally more inclined towards Alliance. This usually means I'll stick to a Human for easy going and military roleplaying or a dwarf if I wish to be more focused on career or exploring. Generally I find Gnomes a challenge to roleplay well. Night Elves and Draenei I don't feel that I can identify enough with in order to play properly.

What are your expectations of this server?:

A pleasant RP experiance with mature individuals on a server kept free of less open minded players.
I am hoping that I will be able to spend alot of time here and be able to meet new people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect is an important part of any working community and I really appreciate it if everyone can work together to create a positive experiance. Maturity is also important for me. It is hard to establish a good atmosphere if people are acting in an unfitting manner.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was dark. So dark, it was as if the night had swallowed him whole. He couldn't see anything. On the otherhand he could hear. The sound was familiar for some odd reason it was... scratching. He heard this noise from every direction the wooden frame amplifying the sound. It was unbearable. He needed to get out. His arms where confined in the position he was in. He started to claw at his wooden prison. The rotten wood gave way easily and dirt started to cover his lower body. Franticly he continued. Strange flashbacks of his previous life flashed through his mind. They were grey and hazy. He couldn't make out what was happening. He was running down a street. People everywhere besides him behind him. Screaming.

Suddenly his arm burst through the dirt. He tore through the remains of his coffin and crawled out. He looked around. Everything was grey, dull, lifeless. He stood upright in the middle of a cemetary. All around him were tombstones. Who was he? Where was he? The scratching had become faint but there was something else.
A voice it was quiet but it was the voice of a women. Like a siren amongst the faint scratchings that came from the ground around him.

The voice whispered... Come...Bueford... Come to me... Serve me... Serve your queen.

He started to walk towards where he thought he heard the voice. What he was or who he was didn't matter anymore. He was now merely the servant of an entity far greater than himself.

((And we're done. Hope I didn't creep anyone out. Looking forward to your answer.))
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We are currently experiencing some downtime, why not make a character profile in meanwhile, so that you have a character ready to play when the server finally gets up?
Also, I suggest you elaborate on some of your answers a bit! Don't be afraid to go into detail, you can't make them too long! :D

WELCOME TO THE SERVER!

When you're in-game, remember to /join chat! Also, feel free to PM me if you have any questions! :)

To add to the stuff Ruby said, there is another way with profiles, which seem easier for some - playing the character before you write the profile, so you wouldn't have to kill yourself by trying to fit the character into a frame! :D

I also suggest you take a look at Shademourne's guide - it will help you out in almost everything! ;)

And most importantly, have fun and enjoy your stay here! :D
I'm not the only one who says grindtastic? Amazing!

Hmph, and you're a Swede...

Do I know you?