Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Worgen Death Knights - Possible or Not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a discussion thread based on a very simple question that is getting at me now.

Should Worgen Death Knights be allowed as playable, or even be allowed in Lore?

Alright. Here's my theory as it stands:

The playable Worgen are the Gilneans who had stayed behind the Greymane wall. There were -some- Gilneans who did not stay behind said wall and aided Lordaeron's military, according to WoWwiki. However, my guess is that the ones who were able to be accessed by the Scourge were not included in the curse that took the Gilneans.

Since the Worgen would only be let out from behind their wall by the Cataclysm, and only 'recently' in WoW lore, this would leave the dying in battle and being claimed by the Scourge process to be done in real-time RP. This is, of course, barring that we timeskip or change things around so that the Greymane wall is opened up for quite a while. Since, from my understanding, Death Knights have to go under training, and and assumption that the training process could take quite a while to go through, the real problem behind Worgen Death Knights in the Server is born.

If the process were to take a while, the person would have to RP their Worgen being trained as a Death Knight, making a Worgen Death Knight, essentially, a Prestige class/race combination.

Again, this is without whatever reason for a Worgen to be outside of Gilneas before real RP with the character takes place being applied.

Anywho, you have my reasoning for this now, so go ahead and discuss! (I mostly posted this so I could get my point across, as chat was quickly filling up and such. - Anywho, sorreh I suppose.)
You hurt me deep in my soul.
That doesn't sound very good... May I ask why? XD
By combining the most outrageous race with the most outrageous class in one post.
Well, since the wall isn't broken until -after- Arthas is nice and finished. Kinda puts a damper on any and all Worgen DK's. The ebon blade aren't going to be making any new dk's, if they even can after Arthas is gone. I'd imagine they'd spend the rest of their time finding and destroying all scourge rune blades then eventually their own.

High five me for successfully killing them before they could start. ;D
Hoo-ah! /highfive

Also Kagh, don't blame me. D: Blame a conversation in chat that sparked me to give my thoughts on it.
I can foresee the terrifying future of retail RP with Worgen DK's Q__Q

I would assume that Goblins, being the type who stays far, far away from military conflict, wouldn't be acceptable as DK's in lore either, amiryte?
No Worgen DK were at the Light's Hope battle, thus none were free; thus no.
You know... The Death Knights that the Horde used, if you RP'd as one of those, they had human bodies.

They could possibly be hit by the Curse of the Worgen.

Boom. Worgen Old School Death Knight.

As for Goblins... It really doesn't matter how "militaristic" you are in life. You die, you can be raised. Simple as that. Which is why I think it's stupid when people say that "Draenei DKs aren't possible, lawl."
Dead bodies, can they be infected if they are dead?
Very good point, that could be possible, seeing as the Curse of the Worgen a Curse after all, not a disease like the Plague of Undeath. So, I'd say that it would be possible.

Personally, I think that'd be awesome. An old school Death Knight who was cursed into a worgen. Epicness.

Edited so I don't sound snobbish when I say about the Curse. I hate when I do that. >.<
Worgen DKs don't exist, won't exist and the purge will begin if they are mentioned again.
O.o Can I run... And quite possibly hide behind something very big now?

Please allow for this concept. Have any of you heared of shadowfang keep? well next to it is a small village filled with by day humans friendly to alliance players, but by night worgen for as far as the resolution could load... ^_^* ehem. anyways this leads to the possibility of worgen dk. simply put the battle took place in daylight so a worgen dk could feasably be in human form anyhow ermm..???
ah also consider the posibility of all the dk poping up when ever the heck they want lots o goblins in the game even in northrend so chances are scourge have a chance for one maby didnt see any but could change that potentialy with ease. ahhh and yeah i think it is totaly not only posible but going to be made to happen through some special rp perhapse who knows. 12 7 10 we shall see though ^.^
"CataclysmThe worgen version targets Lord Harford:

Come to finish the job, have you?
You'll look me in the eyes when...
<Name>?
<Name>, I'd recognize that face anywhere... What... What have they done to you, <name>?
You don't remember me? We were both servants of Arugal back in Silverpine Forest. We put up with his merciless torture for ages. It was you who saved me on that fateful night when we escaped Shadowfang Keep.
Without you I would have died. YOU! The most noble worgen I ever knew.
What have they done to you, <name>? How could this have happened?
Remember the worgen you once were, <brother/sister>! You were our savior! Fight this!
Listen to me, <name>. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!
Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long, <name>?
There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, <name>. Do it or they'll kill us both. <Name>... Remember Gilneas, our beloved home. This world is worth saving.
Do it, <name>! Put me out of my misery! "

Source
Pages: 1 2