Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Packrat's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello everyone, stumbled upon this server looking for a fun experience, I've been hooked on RPing since starcraft, must have spent atleast two or three years on Warcraft 3 almost entirely because of RP. I have read a couple of the Warcraft novels, including the Well of Eternity series, Day of the Dragon, Dragon hunt, and the entire Warcraft D&D DM Guide.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born and raised in Texas, fluent in English, currently studying french.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother introduced me to Warcraft II years ago, from there blizzard games have always been the center of my world.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Roleplaying of course! I was going down a Realm list, and did a quick search for RP, the first server was this one, after reading more into the story here, I knew this was the one.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of RP, but if I had to choose, I would probably say enjoying a drink with friends and guild members in a quiet tavern.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Mage. After reading novels and books about warcraft, the mage truly stands out as the most interesting, deep and mysterious class. From summoning a table of food, to probing a magical barrier to discover its powerful source, always with a trick up its sleeve to escape from a situation, the mage is truly amazing.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find a well established, story filled, friendly community to immerse myself in.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule that most appeals to me would have to be the death rules, this adds a interesting twist which could allow an economy in a small population server to flourish, and lots of story to be constantly created, due to the constant influx of new characters, each with their own story and lives.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I looked down at the empty jug in my hands, the last of my water gone. It had been four days since the accident, a simple transportation spell gone awry. My destination had been a ship off the coast of the barrens where a group of my colleagues had gathered to quickly establish a link to stormwind. I was to be whisked off through space and time instantly, to reinforce the barriers masking the location of our vessel, a small scouting ship deep in enemy territory on a mission to gather intelligence on the strategic location of horde supplies and trade routes that could effect the war efforts in Ashenvale forest. In the blink of an eye I had left the safety of the mages tower in stormwind, and was falling from nearly twenty feet in the air. Without any kind of survival gear, and the spell having drained all of my strength I helplessly fell to the ground, breaking my left leg. I knew what I must do to survive, find water and rest until I could regain my strength to contact help, but in the vast and inhospitable barrens this would be an impossible task. I soon found a dead, dried and cracking tree with a fallen branch that I could use as a staff to lean upon. Without hesitation I began a slow, painful walk in the direction of a cloud in the sky, perhaps formed of the vapor from an oasis, or even the sea where I hoped my colleagues had not already perished by the hands of pirates, goblin mercenaries, or even the horde fleet.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
The story's looking good, but you should expand the other answers. The more, the better.