Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kailei's humble introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've always been a social gamer, be it pen and paper or an mmorpg. For me, gaming is about the story and creating your own tale with others. It only seemed natural to want to do that in online games. I play Anarchy Online now and again, though the roleplay is fairly dead. There is a fantastic group I game with locally as well, lest I let my skills fall rusty with disuse.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm American and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I don't really remember when or how I got into Warcraft. I suppose I must have started playing for some boy I met, though I am sure he was quickly forgotten when the world swallowed me up.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I have played retail and a few other private servers and found much lacking and found even more drama. I got to the point in my frustration that I uninstalled the game. A friend I've roleplayed with in the past linked me your site, though I don't think he plays here. I was hooked, even more so with this application process. I think it is a great way to keep things the way you want them within your server. I finished reinstalling the game yesterday. *grins wickedly*

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I'm fairly easy going with my roleplay. I like any type that progresses whatever storyline I am following. I love being surprised and thinking quickly to react in the way my character would. I also love lazy days exploring my character as well as other characters in the game. I have more confidence in my roleplay ability than my actual gaming ability!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I've played every race/class and find myself coming back to the same four races: Human, Night Elf, Undead and Blood Elf. I think I can relate to these races better than others and, in effect, create better characters. Though, if I get an idea for a character I tend to go with the race and class that fits it best. If I had to pick a favorite it would be warlock or hunter. I really love the surprise what names I would get for my demons with the warlock and a similar thing with my hunter pets. I think the naming process is a very big part of creating a character. A character with a pet has given me the ability to break the ice where my own personal shyness would hinder me.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I try not to have expectations. In this case because I don't want to be greatly disappointed if I get turned away. I can only say that I will bring myself, my experiences and my imagination to you. I look forward what I will learn if given the chance.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I was impressed with humility and knowing when to quit. Many people are so wrapped up in their own stories that they miss out on some truely amazing stories other people are telling while they interact with you. Knowing when to quit is a great way to avoid unnecessary drama. Tolerance and maturity are wonderful but those two are so often overlooked. It made me smile with great pleasure to see them in your rules.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(Oh geeze, talk about being put on the spot! ^_^)

Her mind throbbed with exhaustion. The strain of mastering a new spell made her entire body tremble and shake but Viviene knew that if she didn't learn this one, not only would her master forsake her but she would be forced to return home a failure. She never wanted to go back to that windowless hovel and the squealing brats begging to be fed.

Her stomach growled, the memory of her days without food reminded her of how long it had been since her last meal, this morning whens he broke her fast. No. She would not eat until she mastered this spell! Everything else could wait. She just had to focus.

Viviene held her hands in front of her and cast her will outward and called with every ounce of her heart, with ever shred of her soul. She called... and she felt a tremulous answer, soft at first and then with growing excitement. A rushing sound filled her ears as her blood rushed through her veins and her own heartbeat filled her ears and then a loud pop of something filling space where there was none before.

A low chatter broke the silence and she met her imp for the first time. It lifted one hand in a mock salute and vanished leaving Viviene feeling exalted and more than a little irritated.

After a bit of dinner she will have to try again. No one will believe she could do it without proof. Viviene wondered if rope could bind an imp as well as a spell...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I would just like to say thank you for taking the time to look at my introduction and whatever the result may be, rock the hell out! ^_^ No game is worth playing without a bit of levity and fun. That is, after all, what games are for isn't it?

(Oh my. I completely misspelled introduction in the subject line! How embarrassing!)
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

For the general OOC channel of the realm, you must type /join chat. For regular OOC chat, not concerning the game, type /join barrenschat.

Also, a nice thing to know many newcomers do not hear of until they find out in game is that the Forsaken and Blood Elves have left the Horde, forming the Sin'sholai. I think the Horde and the Sin'sholai are more hostile to eachother than they are to the Alliance, truly.

Have fun, enjoy your stay! ;]
Thank you, thank you!

I thought I would be in by now but I'm having a lovely time reinstalling because I patched too far. hehe Will be just a little longer before I can get my rp fix. I can't wait!
Excellent. Fixed the issue and in game finally!