Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Zigster's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a skilled PvPer, a compitent PvEr, and a seasoned role player. I've been playing WoW since a few months after original release, and started playing on an RP server by accident. I learned what I needed to about the past time, and I soon managed to enjoy PvP and RP at the same time.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in the United States, and I speak fluent English.

How did you get in to Warcraft?:
My best friend got the game a few months before I did, and soon after he bought it, he allowed me create a character of my own. Fell in love with it then and there, and was instantly enchanted by inherint feeling that the game had.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Boredom. Really, I was bored of World of Warcraft, and googled "Private Role Playing WoW server" or something like that, and found this server. I decided to take a chance, and here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I favor romantic role plays over most anything else, mainly because romance can lead to any sort of story. Or, all stories can lead to romance.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Troll Shaman, because they're incredibly fun to play in all settings of the game, and because roleplaying as a Troll always intrigued me. I also enjoy Human Paladins, because I seem to play them best. Good memories arpeeing as a Paladin, since the light is always fun to bend.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Unfortunately, I expect there to be drama. But since that was the first time to pop into my mind, I would also like to mention my hopes for this server. I hope that good people inhabit the lands, and I hope to get back into roleplaying after a long break.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Politics. Discussions about politics lead no where, and thankfully, this server's rule set agrees.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The Retreat: A spectacular crash that was alarmingly close started Arkaeus for a moment, before years of combat training had taken control over his lean plate-covered frame. He whipped his head about, looking at the Lieutenant that had been pressing up against his firm, yet prematurely sweaty back, for what as seemed to be several minutes.

In a battleworn exhausted way, Arkaeus began to shout at the man that literally had his back, "What the hell! Jamison, did you manage to catch a glimpse of whatever caused that?" 'That' could not be identified easily, for the fiber of Arkaeus' being was still slightly shell shocked. Jamison, on the other hand, had not been able to pull himself out of the sudden sense of terror that all men felt when something inexplicable happened. Arkaeus had remembered that not all men were seasoned veterans of combat, and with that, he managed to contort and pivot his body to look at his comrade.
"You've got to come back from you happy place, right this instant!" Arkaeus spoke quickly, realizing that the mass of a thousand Allied soldiers were beginning to push him up against Lieutenant Jamison. No longer in control of where his body's forward lateral movement, Arkaeus thought to take a look at his surroundings. He realized that the wartime mood had completely engulfed his inner self, and he had not had time to observe the beauty of the world for some time. A celedon green set of eyes looked out towards the distant hills of The Barrens, where Arkaeus could imagine himself and a few choice ladies, away from the atrocities of war. Unfortunately, Arkeaus was obnoxiously pulled out of his day dream by a blunt object that had struck his head.

Heavily dazed by whatever had hit him, Arkaeus' vision fixed on what he determined, had caused the violent boom earlier. An exaggerated hammer that seemed to be comedic in size and was clearly thrown from a great distance away had crushed at least thirty soldiers under its girth, where as he could still see the limbs of a select few unfortunate victims twitching. (Jesus, runonsorryomg.) Arkaeus now understood why his entire Battalion was anxious to flee for their lives, and he too was taken into the sudden terror that his brothers faced.
Jamison, still dumbstruck by the morbid scene of mangled body parts, stood still against the tidal wave of horrified men. Arkaeus realized the pressure that was surmounting upon Jamison, and to no avail, he attempted to hold off the soldiers behind him.

"Oh for the Light's sake! Oh no, please no no no!"

A shrill scream came from the entirety of the Alliance's front, as the Horde's brutal swiftness descended upon an unperpared and already crippled legion. The clash of a thousand marauding orcs was more than enough to push Arkaeus forward and over Jamison, leaving his fellow Lieutenant to die under the boots of men and orc alike. Not having time to think about what he had just been forced to do, Arkaeus' was pushed forward more quickly than before. The realization of the impending death by crushing came to Arkaeus as clearly as death comes to all mortals, and for this reason, Arkaeus used his powerful arms to tear his way through those in front of him. Scratching and clawing his way past boys and men alike, Arkaeus gained a certain amount of wiggle room that began to grow into something much larger. Looking backwards, Arkaeus could see that those who fell by the wayside were people whose company he enjoyed, but unfortunately would enjoy no longer. A volley of arrows clouded the descending star's light, as it came down upon the fleeing force. The stomach churning sound that only a sharp object can make when passing through the soft skin of a humanoid was followed by a chorus of men weeping as though in a nursery once more. Disturbing calls for ones mother only meant that his friends were bidding Azeroth farewell for the last time.

Further back, Arkaeus could see the majority of his comrades being devoured by the surge of cavalry that was tearing the small force into pieces. For this reason, he didn't want to look back at the desperation that he had barely over come. Arkaeus continued to run as quickly as he could, breaking away from the few stragglers that were in front of him. Searching frantically over the horizon, Arkaeus required a sanctuary where he could recoperate, and wait for the vast Horde legion to pass over. The cramps that once were a minor annoyance began to cause unfathomable pain in his calves, thighs, and stomach. Arkaeus wanted to stop for a moment to rest, or at least vomit to alleviate the pain. The thundering sound of charge, or stampede, re-constituted Arkaeus' feverish determination to abdicate his post, and he soon found himself sprinting towards the right flank. Because he was drifting, Arkaeus was losing speed in his forward movement. The Alliance soldiers just behind him were ignorantly stepping on Arkaeus'
heels, and for this reason, Arkaeus made a last dash to jump away from the retreating force. Trippipng over himself mid air, Arkaeus spun out of control, not landing the way he planned, but landing where he had planned.

Dusk fast approaching, Arkaeus looked up to the darkening sky. Having just survived something known as 'a tactical advance', Arkaeus no longer wished to be of service that day. He decided to sleep on the tormenting thoughts of what was to become of him, and deal with them when he must.

(( OOC: I haven't written in a very long time, but I'm looking to start over once more. ))
Welcome to the server!

Remember to /join chat in-game for all sorts of chat! Also, if you have any questions, do send me a PM so we could try to sort stuff out! :D But the most important thing of all is...

...To have fun and enjoy CotH!

:D :D :D
dilnikas Wrote:Welcome to the server!

Remember to /join chat in-game for all sorts of chat! Also, if you have any questions, do send me a PM so we could try to sort stuff out! :D But the most important thing of all is...

...To have fun and enjoy CotH!

:D :D :D
Thanks for the reminders!