Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Electronicoffee Awakens From the Depths!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been role playing tabletop for about twenty years now, and creating my own stories and settings for games such as Dungeons and Dragons, World of Darkness, and RIFTS for about seventeen years. I was introduced to role playing by my Uncle and his girlfriend, Gloria when I was very young and it just became like a second nature to me to enjoy and want to explore these worlds, and eventually create my own. I helped to start online role playing early on in the Webchat Broadcasting System after sucessfully running several IRC/MIRC forums in the early 90s, before getting into BETA AOL and helping to Moderate for the Red Dragon Inn. Red Dragon Inn was the precursor to the Rhydin formation that came from the basic 'Role Playing Games' room in which predated the Red Dragon Inn. I helped to establish a large RP community in the early and middle days of Rhydin's Golden Age, before it was swamped with trolls and forum battles. I successfully started the first gay forum, guild (U.G.O.T.R: United Guild of the Rainbow), and established the Rhydin Gay Tavern as the owner and proprieter, XLibrarianX - also known as Botany Greenwood. I ran the Rhydin Gay Tavern as the owner/operator under three other names afterwards, but still it was said be 'owned' by Botany as he was never officially retired until I left the AOL Multiverse in 1999. I had a brief stint returning, but felt the 'role playing' aspect was largely gone and just disappointing at best and finally decided to retire all of my characters and pass on the Rhydin Gay Tavern. In the last several years, I've worked on designing several Dungeons and Dragon settings, and a number of my suggestions to WOTC have been used in the new D&D 4.0 Edition, although I honestly feel it was a betrayal to all of the fans of the 3.0-3.5 series. I have my own Setting named, Empyrean that is based on the 3.0/3.5 System that is unique in it's approach to powers, unlockable abilities, and the social and role playing freedoms it gives characters to add their own flavor to the game. It can be used as a stand-alone product or 'grafted' onto any existing d20 3.0/3.5 game and it's after four years of testing and design, and editing it's slated for release by the end of this year. I have run regular D&D groups consisting of evil and good campaigns, usually within the setting of Empyrean or Prime Material and am used to running groups of 8-12 comfortably, depending on the campaign setting and player involvement.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from America, still live here, and I speak only English but I do have a rudimentary understanding and can communicate (very roughly) in Spanish. I was almost an English major, and while I am a writer of Fiction, Poetry, and Worldcrafting, I do not enjoy classic literature as much as an English major really should.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My old roommate was in Beta, and I used his account to create a few characters, and I very much enjoyed the user friendliness of the game. I had enjoyed the "World" of warcraft since Warcraft II, and played that very much in high school with friends in the computer Lab. We'd set up LANs and play privately as well, but unfortunately I had not gotten into Warcraft III when it came out as that time of my life was very, very busy. (Hectic!) I ended up getting a copy of World of Warcraft when it was first released, making my characters (and leveling to 60) on the PVP Server Shadow Moon; quickly after playing some of both sides, found that I enjoyed being a Horde member far more enjoyable.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have a friend that plays and suggested I would really enjoy role playing with you fine people. After hearing a bit of the lore and the developments politically of the game, I got even more excited to sign up and play. I have never really understood playing on a private server, as I generally play Retail pretty heavily, but I don't have a current outlet for role playing as I don't have enough IRL time to run my regular dungeons and dragons group while I work on my writing / development for Empyrean d20.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy drama, romance, and the pleasantries of the formal role playing scene. On the other hand, I very much enjoy battle and think that you cannot have a truely immersive experience without a bit of bloodshed. Violence is as much an expression of your character as anything else would be, but war should not be the only thing to contribute to a good role playing story. I just tire of games that are ALL drama, and no action whatsoever. I find the politics and the evolving aspect of the story to be a great thing that your server offers over any others I have seen or looked into.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Forsaken. Hands down, I love the idea, I love the look, the feel, their culture, their message, and their frankness that in Death we are all Equal. My main and secondary (retail) characters are both Forsaken, and while most don't role play on the two servers I have had them on, I tend to role play regardless of others. I certainly am 'in character' when my warlock is talking to others in a party "I don't mind dying.. I have a soulstone for a reason, Cur!" or "I am a warrior in the service of Her Dark Lady; Death is always temporary for me." Both are sisters, the eldest (main) is a warlock that takes great pleasure in being One with Death. She knows that her true power could never have been unlocked had she been a boring mortal, while her younger sister forgoes the use of any magic and is true to being a true knight of the Undercity (and undergoing the tournament to become a champion of the Undercity). Both suffered the cruelty of being disenfranchised nobles under the human rule, having to do whatever they had to as children to survive in the cruel world of Azeroth until they were taken by the plague. Eventually freed by the Dark Lady, they both pledged their life to being the epitome of Summoner and Blade of the Dark Lady. They have no goals, other than the exaltion of the Undercity to being the true power of the Horde, but moreso, to the World of Azeroth. They feel that in Death, no suffering, disease, war, or famine would occur. They believe that in a true Undead society, all peoples would be equal and there would be a worldwide Utopia. Their secret dream is that of the Dark Dawn, or what would commonly be known as a Deathworld- where all are equal and may rise in the service of tomorrow with effort, pride, and strength.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would like to meet more role players without having to play on the Retail RP servers. I just find them to be filled with non-RPers, RPers who are complaining about other RPers, or Toons that just want to cyber all day and not actually contribute to a storyline. I think your server sounds more like an actual world story, and that interests me a great deal.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The fine focus on punctuation, grammar, and spelling. I know these seem like superficial things to most, but for me I find that if someone cannot write well, or even convincingly, I don't enjoy the role playing aspect as much. I think that it's important for people to take their time to make the experience enjoyable for everyone. When you put out good role playing, you get it returned in Spades! It's very important and I'm glad I have found a server that understands this.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Serepticia sighed as she traced her sharp, bony fingertips through her recently dyed green pigtails. "Who would have thought that gnomes had such great taste in hairstyles?", she quipped to herself as she placed her Spellbook back in the confines of that damned Backpack. She sighed as she looked over it's worn hide and continued to mutter to herself. "Why have I not left this old thing behind years ago? I wish I could part with it, as I have so many better bags.. yet, I find I cannot part with this dreadful old thing." Her fingers lingered upon the buckle of the bag before clasping it shut. Her mind was flooded with the memories of first receiving the bag, waking up in that cold, brittle tomb, "breathing" air into her dead lungs for the first time and meeting what would soon to be her first teacher in the Arts of the Demonic Path. She couldn't believe it had been so long ago, that she first learned to cast a shadowbolt; learning to twist and tighten the strands of shadow had been so hard to first grasp, but with a few silver and a private tutor that had quickly changed.

I should send a letter to Vallencia, she thought to herself, as she gazed upon the Mailbox before her. Her cold breath brushed over the rusted metal of the Mailbox as dust and webs scattered everywhere, only to uncover more of the same. "This place never changes. I suppose that's what I love about it here. This city, these walls of old, they make me feel .. safe." She snatched open the hood on the box, before tossing several letters to the ground, sweeping them off the edge of the platform and into the oozeing circular ring below that flanked the Inner Circle fo the Undercity. Junk mail, as it was, tended to be her bane. "I simply don't know if that Astyanax is doing the job well enough." She noted her mule had only sent so much gold back, half of the auctions in fact. This was getting to be a problem, as she suspected the male blood elf of spending bits of it to fuel his thirst for magical dusts and jewelry crafting. "I suppose I'll have him make me a nice amulet for my younger sister in return. Maybe a quick note about how easily I could help him to become Forsaken like myself, would help speed up the process. Lazy maggot." She snorted derisively before slamming shut the Mailbox with a curse that began to hiss and boil one of the beds in the Inn beside the Mailbox. She looked over the edge into the ooze, before hearing a high pitched voice come from behind her- so startling in fact, she almost dropped her off hand item.

"This is the third bed this month, Sere!" The innkeeper hissed with mounds of boney gums exposed; as you can expect, this Inn did not get much service or overnight guests regardless of bed conditions. "My apologies. I will pay for the bed!" She exclaimed, moving from the edge and quickly placing several gold in the wretched, boil-caked hand of the Innkeeper. "If you're so mad at your 'mule', why not hire another broker to sell your goods from your Grand Adventures in Northrend," the proprieter remarked with a jealous sneer. She sighed to herself knowing the real reason behind it. She was an undead lady in love- when that strong, intelligent and wiley Blood Elf had been saved by the bolts of Darkness of her mighty hand, she could not help but find his living form so beautiful. His mind was even moreso, she noted quickly as their relationship was soon consumated after having a quick dinner in Brill and the sweet, intoxicating words of the Sindorei made her feel things that she hadn't felt since her days of life. Luckily for her, the guise of mortal flesh cream she'd purchased through a Goblin Trader from Undermine had worked wonders, allowing her to temporarily retain the body of a living female for several hours after each application. She could not let him go, but she would definitly have a word with him about maintaining stricter books; after all, she was no one's 'Sugar Momma' and would not allow him to treat her as such. Lastly, she remembered she needed to send him some gold to get a haircut. "Men.. can't live with them, can't live without them. Even in death, I'm a slave to my heart. Stupid emotions." Her eyes formed vicious slits as she placed the gold inside the sending chamber, realizing all too well, half of the gold would go to pricey teas, gems, and possibly a new bridle for his Hawkstrider. Thankfully, due to her Curse of Kilrogg, she had learned from an old mentor, she knew he was loyal to a fault, even turning down the advances of Blood Elf females. She realized as she mounted up, calling forth her Green-Eyed Brewfest Ram and launching herself atop it, even if she conquered the rest of Northrend, and there was little left to conquer, she could trust that her dead, but loving heart was in good hands. ((Note: I've attached an image to add to the story.))
Welcome to the server! I hope you have fun here! ;)
Oh my! A very nice introduction, welcome to the server!

Happiness is mandatory, citizen.