Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction - Joel77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm an old school pen and paper D&D player. I enjoy the interactive element of the character, where you can sink into the role and just be something else for a while.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Australia, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Evolution really, played D&D for many years, then moved to Utlima Online and NWN+. Was looking for a new experience and tried out the Warcraft RTS packs and liked the environment. Moved onto the WoW retail and like the graphics and levelling system within the classes and races.

What made you seek our server over others?:
You focus on being an rp server, which is ideally what I am after. Horde is probably not my strong point, so I've tried to read up on the developments in your world environment.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Person to person interaction. When I was on UO I really enjoyed the small community we had. It was fun to move between crafting roles, and complementing each other's selections, to being able to quest together and work in tandem.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood elf mage. Belf because I've always found the high elves (D&D genre) to be mysterious and intriguing and for some reason I connect the Blood Elves to the high elves... Mage because that's always been my preferred character class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping that there's a heap of similarly interested people who just want to enjoy the world and have a fun time. I hope I make a few friends in there.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect and Maturity... I don't beleive I'm a great RP'er nor do I want to tell anyone else how to RP, but I do like to think that the people I interact with take the game seriously enough, that we all respect each other's individuality
Godmoding... Hardly fits in an RP setting

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The small army crested a shallow hill which overlooked a small clearing set in the heart of the Evergreen Forest. It's soldiers had spent a week marching and hacking through 30 miles of woodland which was, at best, uninviting, and at times, down right deadly.

Over a score of men had lost their lives to the various magical and mundane creatures that called this forest home, a fact which did not even rate a mention in the awareness of the man leading the force.

Priest-General Hemmart Fenran stood atop the hillock and gazed down in to the glade as he looked for signs of life. Having only set forth from their overnight camp les than two hours earlier, the morning sun was still beating out at him from a clear blue sky. The trees of the forest ended many yards before the hill began, which was merely one sign of the magic in use at this place.

There was only one structure in the glade, a medium sized two storey house made from some kind of stone. A small lake sat off to the west of the house with some livestock running around randomly.

From this position, and with his enhanced vision, Fenran could see the softly glowing runes and the shimmering barrier of energy which fully encircled the glade. Without even attempting to send out his awareness he new that barrier would be formidable, forged as it was from old and mighty magics. Also, he knew that the Sorceress would be present.

Fenran murmured under his breath, "Fetch me Tallasyn, and tell the commanders to prepare". A faint scurrying noise was his only response, but Fenran knew that his wishes were being carried out. Over the 8 long years that Fenran had hunted the Coven all around him had learnt that he did not like to repeat himself.

Waiting for Tallasyn to appear Fenran briefly allowed himself a moment to bask in the glory he was about to experience. The Coven represented a corrupt and malign power circle which had ruled this land for over 300 years. Fenran had led the hunt for each member, since his ordainment as General-Priest for the Order of Balance. With the death of Sulmine the Coven would finally be no more, and lives could return to normal once more.

Tallasyn appeared in front of Fenran, bowing down low, wating for a command. Dressed in long dark robes, Tallasyn's appearance was hidden from all in the camp. For this reason rumours flew about his birth heritage and alluded to him being the son of a demon or some magical creature. Nothing could be further from the truth, but Tallasyn revelled in the fear these rumours created, and appreciated the isolation which was created.

Again in that soft, barely audible voice, Fenran murmured "Bring it down".

With a slight nod Tallasyn spun around, and suddenly twenty more dark robed figures appeared, ten to each side of him. Each concentrated on shimmering energy before them and began a chant in a powerful and dark language. Those warriors nearest to a chanting figure were unable to bear the sound of that language, and fell back from the horrors it's mere utterance suggested.

The chant was maintained in a low hum and at first there was no effect. After a few minutes the watching soldiers saw a shimmer in the air in front of the group, like water rippling on the surface of a pond. The chanting continued and suddenly the disturbance in the air turned a vivid purple colour with dazzling flashes of light.

Suddenly, one of the hooded figures toppled forward to lie motionless in the grass. Then one of the figures spun around as though hit by a large and heavy object.

Throughout this display Fenran stood waiting patiently. He knew that that mages would destroy the barrier, or die trying. He did not really care which, except for the delay which would be caused if they failed and died.

Three more mages fell quickly, one bursting into flames and the other two turning to solid stone.

Now, however, the disturbance had turned a shade of orange, and a dark hole could be seen at it's centre. The hole was steadily growing in size, with a small basket currently able to fit through. By the time it had grown to the size of man a further four mages had succumbed to the defenses of the glade.

But it was obvious by now that the mages would succeed in their grisly task. The hole was forming into an arch, reaching to the height of two men, and steadily getting wider, until ten men could easily walk through abreast.

Finally the hole stopped growing and the edges formed into a hard looking shell. At this point the mages stopped chanting, with two more falling to their deaths as the magic gave them one last touch. As the chanting subsided the barrier once more became invisible, except for the hardened archway.

When Tallasyn returned to his mortal frame he noticed the death of more than half his followers, sighing to himself that they had been too weak to withstand the trial, and glad it had been offered to test them all. Having played their part, the remaning 9 mages and Tallasyn disappeared as quietly as they had appeared.

With a sound like a crack of thunder a glowing figure of white appeared in the air over the glade. Her voice was sweet and melodic and rang out clearly, "Fenran, think carefully what you do here this day. I repented my sins long ago and have been forgiven by my god. Your actions here today will only cause unneeded death and harm. I have forgone my right to join the world and am confined through my own power to see out my days in this glade."

Moving for the first time since the chanting began, Fenran fixed his gaze on her. Though his voice was still that same quiet tone, this time it could be heard by everyone present. "Sulmine I care not about the mad and deranged god you think to call upon for aid. Your sins have been judged by the Order and your sentence will be carried out this day."

Sulmine felt sad, but knew full well that nothing she said would matter to the likes of Fenran. She felt the presence of her partner enter her mind as he said to her, "Come Sulmi, let's ignore them, I know you have the power to break the bond that ties you there. You don't want to fight them and I do not want you to either". She could feel his love through their bond, and knew that he was distraught at the thought of losing her.

"Salba, dear heart, this has been commanded by my god. I must lay down my life on this field as a final pennance for the sins of my life. No, I do this knowing that it must be done, and that it is best that the Coven's work be remembered no more. Remember that I love you and tell our son that I would have loved him also, had I the chance to get to know him". Before he could respond and try to talk her around she cut their connection and focussed on the issue at hand.

"Come then, my dear Fenran, and let me show you how I earned my detestable title of Scourge of the Living".

From behind him, Fenran heard the roar of his troops as the surged around and ahead of him, through the archway and into battle...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No
You should really expand on your answers. Really. You can't make them too long, you know. :D Anyway...

Welcome to the server!

Remember to /join chat in-game! Also, feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions. :D Oh, I almost forgot...

Have fun and enjoy CotH!
Always nice to have a new member.
Welcome to CotH!

...Now if only I could get people to respond to my intro. >. <;;