Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Khalinos' Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have quite a legacy concerning Roleplay, Leadership, and Lore, beginning with a humble foundation in Runescape in 2002. I have been an active member of countless communities, and have proven to be a very influential participant in the society created by such interdependent circumstances.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in a small town outside of Chicago, IL. I speak fluent English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been involved in the Warcraft saga since Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans. I have been very intrigued with both the storyline and the community since the release of World of Warcraft.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have always searched for a roleplay haven. From what I have read here, at Conquest of the Horde, no retail RP server can compare to the sheer volume of IGIC action. I am very eager to begin my story here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all roleplay, however I do prefer several different types. I find exploration, a heretic rebellion against the state, romance, paladin, prophet, tribal, and huntsman RP's to be most interesting, as well as simply relaxing by a fireplace retelling stories of old times.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
As well as a varied preference of RP, I consider the RP of every race/class to be very interesting. However, I am partial to the Human Paladin, Blood Elf (Anything), Troll Shaman, Dwarf Hunter/Explorer, and the Undead Priest/Prophet.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to have equal transaction between the server and myself. I expect to actively participate in many IGRP's, add a sort of dynamic aspect to the community, and to promote, support, and respect the server, authority, and society to the fullest degree of my capability. However, I expect equal respect as every other member of the server, and the inalienable right to the zealous pursuit of progress, success, and honor.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Actually, I couldn't come up with a single other rule that would appeal to me more. I fully agree with every regulation that was stated on the page.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was a calm summer evening, and the brilliantly painted sun began it's decent below the horizon. A middle-aged man was walking through a field, going "As the crow flies" to a village in the distance. As the stars become visible, the man comes out of the tall grass onto the path. He notices a single white tulip protuding from the side of the road, and he gazes skyward, and notices the thousands of singular points of light shining down on him.
He ponders a moment. Every beam of light emitted by those stars has travelled millions of years, through darkness and dust, and has reflected since the beginning of time; and that massive history concludes as it is absorbed by the flower. But the light feels no desire, no passion, no will to survive. It is content with the proposition that its legacy meets its death.
The man bends down and plucks the tulip from the ground, and places it neatly in his hat.
He wanders down the trail for a while. He passes by a cemetary, and sees a crowd of ebonclad, grieving men and women. The dwindling twilight shines behind a beautiful elm tree, under which the burial is commencing. The man continues on his path as he solemnly acknowledges the fallen individual.
He enters the village, and moves with haste to the nearest inn. As he enters the inn, he notices a man standing behind the counter. The roaring of the fireplace to his left is the only sound audible in the room. He purchases a room and heads upstairs. As he sits on the bed, he gazes at the white tulip in his hand, and contemplates the storm ahead.
The next morning the man awakens at the sunrise. He strides down to the courtroom, and enters it with great strength. The sound of the doors opening draws the attention of one young man sitting at the front of the courtroom.
The young man stares at the older man with a look of desparation, pleading for help. The judge seems frustrated at the interruption.
The older man speaks: "Wait! I have important information. This young man here is innocent... I am guilty, for I killed Lansul Stargazer!"
A universal gasp fills the courtroom, and then a deathly silence befalls when one woman stands up and says, "I was there, I witnessed him!"
A murmur of voices encompasses the trial, and the judge calls for order. He commands the jury to make a verdict. The jury exits the room in single file and moves to another room to make the decision.
The young man stares blankly at the older man, and the older man glides to his table. He explains, "I am nearing the end of my days, but you are still in your youth. My only passion is to secure you and to make sure your future is bright."
The jury returns, and they declare, "We hereby find the defendant innocent of all charges, and in a rare double-whammy decision, we also find Lyon Tirron guilty of murder in the first degree."
The bailiff restrains the older man and leads him along side a crowd to the cemetary.
The sun is rising over the horizon, shining through the branches of the elm tree.
The man is walking his final walk, as he stares at the sunrise. The bailiff raises the man into the noose, and while on the platform, the woman walks up next to the young man, and both
are staring at the man, blocking the ruby sunrise behind the man. He looks at his family, and realizes that this is not only the sunset of one life, but the sunrise of another. Along with the light on the flower, he is content with the end.
The platform drops, thus letting the legacy of Lyon Tirron meet its death.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, I don't believe so.
WELCOME TO THE SERVER!

Remember to /join chat in-game! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! :D