Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I am Noth!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Hey! Im a long time WoW player and I started getting heavily involved with Roleplay two years ago. (On WoW at least) Im seeking a place where I can find like minded roleplayers who aren't afraid of some conflict, but know not to Godmod.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: Im from the United States, and I live in Michigan. I speak English, but im learning German.

How did you get into Warcraft?: When I was very young I played Everquest, and I would "RP with myself" Meaning I would invision my character in my mind doing all these quests and adventures. When WoW was announced I was quite excited and signed up for Beta Testing. After Beta closed and the game was released I found it quite enjoyable. Around the time of the Burning Crusade, I decided to try an RP server (Now that I was a bit more mature and had better grammar.) I transfered, and have played on Rp servers ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?: Haha! I was crusing the custom games of WC3 and I found an custom game named somthing like "PRIVATE RP ONLY WOW SERVER" and I joined and followed the instructions. Here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I love all kind of Rp's, but If I had to name what I like to do, it would be called "Storyline RP." Meaning a story is set up threw a series of conversations or events and it is an ongoing, non-stop story that is shaped by players. I don't like to sit around and talk about people's love lives, unless Im going to use that information somehow. I like conflict, its a driving force in Roleplay, in my mind.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I pefer Orc's. The Horde was always my favorite when I was a 5 year old boy playing WC1-2 in my playroom. Perhaps it is their clan like structure that has me interested, I can't really tell you. As for classes, I've played a hunter faithfully for every WoW installment, so I guess I pefer them out of habit. I'd love to experiment with other classes, such as Shaman and Rogues.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Im sick of logging in to WoW and attempting to find Rpers who dont just sit in the Silvermoon Inn and gossip. I want CONFLICT. I dont mean I want to have brawls constantly, but I dont want a group of Rpers who are too moronic to have a fight, or they consider it somehow "Lame RP" Im hoping to find people who can carry on a story with me and my friends (If I get them to join and you allow it of course.) Without disappearing or ruining it somehow.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Well of course No Godmoding/power gaming, no silly names, approval of characters, cross faction speech, EXP gain increase, but not instant 80. It seems like a strict, yet fun and apporiate RP "Haven"

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(Im going to make up a random character/plot)

Vesher snarled as he rose from the golden sands of Tanaris. The fiery sun beat down on his bruised body. "Oh hell..." He muttered as he staggered over to his sand covered axe, dripping blood as he attempted to reach out and seize it.

He turned his head, with his axe in hand and gazed out into the sea of hot sand and rock. "Where the ..." Vesher said puzzled as he tried to locate any landmark that looked familiar to him. Unable to find any clues to his location he growled fiercly, then snatched his napsack. He ripped it open hastily and grabbed his flask.

(I was going to go on, but I am pressed on time at the moment. I hope that is sufficent.)
Hi Noth!

Please, do elaborate on some answers. Nevertheless:
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
I guess I could go into what type of characters I like to play.

Now maybe this is generic, but I -love- playing characters that are anti-hero's. The kind of characters that do good things in a very evil way sometimes. Villians who try to be hero's, and hero's that act like villians. That type of thing.

Im slightly interested in making a full fledged villian though, it would be new grounds for me however.
Can you tell us of one of your favorite Role-Play experiences and what happened? >:+)

"Z"
Nah, try making a character that is overly good at first, it's what I've done. Good ol' Nemo, he loved all but orcs, blood elves and forsaken and was very interested in other cultures. For me, it was a way to get used to all races, and have some OOC friends too for cool IC behavior.

Also, villain characters are basically frowned upon, unless you're a pro at RPing it. However, mafia/crime organization and gangster RP would certainly be cool. They're not really villains, but more like... Criminals.
Exactly about the villians. They usually are quite lame characters unless done by experts. I pefer anti-heros. Generally disliked, but not evil characters. "Muaha im ganna keel u n tke ur sol" I hate people like that.

As for my favorite RP experience? It was probably a very long arc I had with a server called Black Water Raiders. My character from a previous RP was weakend. He used his cunning and speechcraft to convince various high profile people on the server to support him. When one however realized that he was less moral then he came across, he organized a hunt on him with his entire guild. In an attempt to stop my character from recovering his wounds, and gaining his full power back they would attack the people aligned with him, causing a very large server wide conflict. They failed, but that is a very long and old RP. I guess what I loved about it was more of the way the story progressed. Things that happened weeks ago came back and changed the outcome of the entire story. The story lead most of the people involved into things that would never have come about if it wasn't for our plot.
Quote:What made you seek our server over others?: Haha! I was crusing the custom games of WC3 and I found an custom game named somthing like "PRIVATE RP ONLY WOW SERVER" and I joined and followed the instructions. Here I am.

Really? Huh, didn't know anyone did ads for CotH on WCIII, probably not the best method out there.

Welcome to the server at any rate.