Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ace's Introduction. Howdy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I like to think I'm a fairly relaxed and easy-going individual. I try my hardest to ‘not sweat the small stuff' and just have a good time. This may be why I'm so attracted to roleplaying – it's just plain fun! Seeing as I never had the desire or drive to raid or level or PvP, roleplaying just seemed to be the natural path to tread. The diversity of the Warcraft universe, in particular, has a certain draw that I simply cannot resist. :)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Southwestern United States here (yes, it's hot), and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
In earnest, I never knew Warcraft existed until the debut of World of Warcraft. My then-boyfriend got the game when it came out, and I watched him play it a few times. It looked fun! So, for my birthday, he purchased the game for me. Him and I doofed around on PvP servers, mostly, until I decided I wanted to check out a RP server… and that was that! First day, I was hooked. :D

What made you seek our server over others?:
This server was recommended to me by a fellow Warcraft enthusiast and roleplayer! To paraphrase what she told me, “The GMs here actually care about RP” – that got me real interested, real fast. I'm excited to find a server where roleplay fits in first and foremost.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
If I were pressed to pick only a select few kinds of roleplay, I'd have to say I'd lean toward the casual average-joe types. Sitting in a tavern, or under a tree with a few good friends and jawing the evening away. This is not to say, however, that I don't enjoy the occasional conflict – I just don't go actively seeking it every day. :)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hmm. This one'll take some thought. I suppose I find shu'halo most intriguing for their unique culture and belief system. Among them, druids stand out for me, again for the simple fact that their history is diverse and insatiably interesting to me. I could read about the different sects (Druid of the Claw, of the Antler, etc) all day, and never get bored.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To discover a collection of people as avid about pursuing roleplay and forging new friendships as I am.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The section on humility really spoke to me. I feel that it is not addressed enough in some circles, and that sometimes it leads to people vying for attention, or being the winner, more than the roleplay at hand. And that never gets fun.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(( Allow me to try and set the stage for the following piece, so one isn't entirely lost while reading it out of context: My character and the clan he belonged to were searching for their general, who had gone MIA near Astranaar, presumably to go out in a ‘blaze of glory'. The clan had scoured through Astranaar afterward, and retrieved a few logbooks in hopes of finding out what had become of their missing general. Ace, being a druid associated with the Cenarion Circle, knew a bit of Darnassian, and was given the task of searching through the books. :) ))

The sun had just begun its ascent over the horizon, bright rays reaching greedily across the barren desert of Durotar. The sun's return cast a pink light across the canvas of the sky, where it was accustomed to being appreciated by a certain druid.

But not this morning.

Huddled in a dank corner in Orgrimmar's depths, Ace labored page after page, his golden eyes rimmed by a sleepless ring of red. He pawed through each tome, scanning over the pages looking for something, anything, that might lend hints to the General's whereabouts. With each book he discarded, his faith in his own abilities waned. Nothing in this one. Nothing in that one. Was it possible he'd missed something? His grasp of Darnassian was limited; he only knew a few written words.

The druid plucked another book from the pile, a handsome leather-bound volume, and flipped open the cover. Napha'nis Ordui. He sounded out the title aloud, rising to his feet. With renewed excitement, he flipped through the book, the pages written in an elegant hand. He came to the last page that bore the graceful writing and began to read:
Mus Ano daluni ash – ‘ash', that meant ‘orc'! – seren adore ci fal'rena rogui – warrior, fighter. It must be Gur'thok! – trenai o bir, salah'no e dah – killed many elves – shri la panakui das let oun'ei say ors…
Ace read the rest of the passage silently, an unreadable look settling on his expression. Quickly, he slammed the book shut and fumbled for his totem, “Iriako, are you there? I've found something.”
Whats your favorite RP memory? Someone asked me this, so I guess Ill steal it.
Noth Wrote:Whats your favorite RP memory? Someone asked me this, so I guess Ill steal it.

It was on the first RP server I had rolled on. My character and a new friend were sitting on an island in the middle of Crystal Lake, hanging their bare feet in the water, fishing, and just talking about what they wanted to accomplish in life. :)