Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Private Messages and Patience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something we've been noticing as of late...

I will be frank:

STOP EXPECTING RESPONSES TO PMs WITHIN SECONDS OF THEM BEING READ.

If a PM isn't responded to within a few days, sure you can send a gentle reminder if a response was expected. If you sent one which was read and hasn't been responded to within an hour or so, just BE PATIENT. I tend to check the forums several times at work, and I'm not really in a good situation to respond with a lengthy letter, being on an iPhone and all.

This is not specifically singling anyone out, but as of late we've had many rageposts/PMs from people feeling indignant that they haven't gotten a response right after their PM was read. This needs to stop and people really need to learn patience. Period.
I second that.
And I didn't even know this was happening...!
Let me say that I use my iPhone to check the forums during the schoolday, and barely get the chance to scan over posts. We GMs do our best to respond to you, though I'll admit I forget sometimes. Heh, we're all only human.
I've actually had nothing but good service from the GMs regarding PMs.

Also, Kag and Kret have iPhones. That's it.. I'm getting one!
PiesOfGod Wrote:I've actually had nothing but good service from the GMs regarding PMs.

Also, Kag and Kret have iPhones. That's it.. I'm getting one!

It's usurped the position of almost every other device I've ever owned. The thing even tunes my guitar for me.
Someone dares to annoy GM's with multiple, impatient messages?

Blasphemy I say Evil!
From Private Message thread to iPhone promotion thread..

This is getting a wee bit off-topic.

And also, just an apology to Nostra for bugging him whenever I need a question answered by a GM. :P
Meh, there will always be impatient people around. Working a lot with customers myself, I know how it feels.

Kaghuros Wrote:Heh, we're all only human.
I will have to see proof of that!
Zunaj Wrote:Meh, there will always be impatient people around. Working a lot with customers myself, I know how it feels.

Pssht.. Their lieing, they must be orcs.. or gnomes.. or worgen :shock:
Aruen Wrote:
Zunaj Wrote:Meh, there will always be impatient people around. Working a lot with customers myself, I know how it feels.

Pssht.. Their lieing, they must be orcs.. or gnomes.. or worgen :shock:

Nostra is a Forsaken, Lethys is a Gnome, Rakkezai, Kaghuros, Grakor and Kretol are Orcs, Mikain is a Blood Elf, Tales is a Human and Moonlightblossom is a... Draenei! It all makes perfect sense! ...Perfect sense.

But I hope people are getting the hint (hint?) now, and stop pestering you guys about PMs.