Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: i have arrived so stop your bickering and make me a smoothy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi i've been playing wow for several years, and have always enjoyed all aspects of the game (be it raiding, pvp or rp) and after seeing the video for the new cataclysm I decided maybe I would quite enjoy going back to wow, however I cannot really afford it so I looked to private servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come originally from Ireland however I am fluent in English and now live in London.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played wc2 and 3 and loved the plot, until one day I saw in the back of my frozen throne box a beta key to wow, I picked it up, played it, and was one of the first players in the game (this is back before diremaul etc.)

What made you seek our server over others?:
Because having now gone from one private server to another trying to find the right one for me for about a month I found that I missed the rp aspect which seemed to be lacking in every private server, so I set out and found this forum.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I really enjoy all aspects of roleplay because i enjoy taking my character who i've created and put it through all kinds of situations.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Has to be a mage as my favorite class since i've have always enjoyed the game play related to the mage, and also I love the roleplay possibilities the mage has. My favorite race would have to be undead, simply because I enjoy their history and also I love the way that they are an outcast even within the horde, and I love the idea that they are constantly working for revenge as a completely united race. (also I think the undercity is the coolest capitol).

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to have a good time and meet new people, and hopefully gather some more inspiration for my book.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It has to be the maturity rule because I find it irritating when the children spend their entire time *cuts your head off* or trying to get you to have cyber sex with them. But hopefully this demand of maturity will eliminate these problems.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is an extract from my opening chapter of my book, so i request that no-one rips it off :) (its set in a magic world in the modern day, based around the teenage life in this world)

Blood shot eyes and bleeding nose peered back at Garok through the mirror, and he thought he saw the mirror ripple like a mirror before once again disappearing in another cloud of hallucinations.
Bang!
He was a bat in the corner of the room, watching as a swarm of beetles filled the room like a black flood.
Bang!
He was sitting on a branch which sprung from the mossy earth where the toilet used to be, sitting with strange fleshy pink hands clutching a chess piece while opposite him a great yellow caterpillar sat with a rolled up scroll, snorting line after line of the wonderful bright white powder off a toadstool.
Bang!
He was back in his own body, this time lying on the floor, face down, his mouth and stubbled chin where lathered with his spit and blood. He jerked once, twice before rolling onto his back and looking up at the small yellow mage light that filled the room. Its small yellow light dimly illuminating his dingy cell like bathroom, its stained walls and its dirty, cracked basin emphasizing this illusion of captivity.
Carefully he stumbled to his feet and groped for the door handle. He missed it first but eventually he got a firm grip on it, and used its solidness to try and steady himself and the rippling and warping world surrounding him, which seemed to be constantly trying to buck him off and throw him into space.
Opening the door he saw the chaos that was his apartment, one of the tacky plastic chairs had been knocked over and opposite him sat a human, a pixie and what was currently taking the form of a small porcelain garden gnome. These were his three best mates in the world, all sitting with manic large grins stretch across their dirty unshaven mugs.

With any luck i'll see you people ingame

Callum Aka The Stonerfish / Proxy
You need some grammar. "I" must be capitalized.
HeroLief Wrote:You need some grammar. "I" must be capitalized.
This is not quite the way to say 'hi and welcome', now is it?

*clears throat*
WELCOME TO COTH!

I hope you enjoy your stay here on the server. Just remember though, try to watch your grammar on things that can easily be fixed with a speedy proofread. If you do that around here, you'll fit in just fine! And don't forget to read the rules.
I have amended it, i apologize for my terrible grammar but i was short on time earlier.

thanks for the reminder about proof reading, unfortunately i only had the original script to work with for my last section so i have amended it as well as i can without the weeks of editing it should have.
=] Keep trying. Every post must be proofread, silly. Correcting an 'i' in a former post, then creating the same error in the next? You can do better than thaaat!

Welcome to CotH!
Fine then I simply thought that this was more informal with the later posts and am typing as i would game (after all in game its based around the sound of the words, the characters don't in fact communicate by reading speech bubbles and chat boxes :D)

edit: was wondering if i am going to have to write another introduction since i'm unlikely to be able to play for until after Christmas
No need to write two introduction, but really, for you being from London, please do put effort in writing words down.
The characters might not read text but heard words, but we, the players behind them do, so put the effort in to write fulle sentences and words, otherwise we might not understand what you mean.