Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello; I suppose.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm an eighteen year old High School drop out who goes to Night School. I am terrible at Math; oh wait, that probably wasn't what you were asking for.

My name is James; as stated above I don't much like school. I've been into roleplaying since I was about 13, starting with AOL chat rooms; then evolving into early Gaia Online roleplaying and eventually getting into the text based, T1 fighting scene. I spent from 15-17 on Gaia doing just that, and made a small, but respected name for myself as a good fighter, and immerse character creator; if not a bit long winded profiles for them.

I quit roleplaying shortly after my 17th Birthday. The level and variety had gone down hill in Gaia, and well, I lost interest. Hoping giving a sprite to my thoughts might help me out and give me my hobby once more.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
America; so English. Though I dabble in a bit of German and Japanese. Nothing extreme, just enough to get me by.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Novels, I started with novels. I forget which I read first, to be honest. Then I got Warcraft 3. I have never played WoW in my entire life, so this will be a first.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Its the only Private Roleplaying server I found; no offense to Blizzard but I don't feel the game is worth a monthly fee.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I came from a fighting back-round, so i'd be most suited there. But i'd rather involve myself in the story aspects, fighting involved rather then fighting for fighting sake. I'd also prefer to use the avatars over text to do said combat. So basically, i'm here to evolve my story skills.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
No idea, I played the free trial briefly. The Orcs are a very cool looking race, but reading the lore of here also makes me enjoy the Blood Elves and Undead. Class wise I have no idea, I tended to play the brute so likely something magic or rogue/ranged based to change the pace a bit.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A nice, stable, free place to roleplay. I expect to get a feel for the world and give me a nice place refine my craft. Maybe make some friends?

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Knowing when to quit: OOC hate in an in character hostile environment was a very annoying thing in Gaia. I'm not KILLING you because I hate you personally, my character just despises yours; and wants him/her to DIE. I have no problem with you.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
[OOC: A story eh? I'm not good at that yet, how about a long winded combat scene? ]

"So, the time has come has it Kong? You finally stopped hiding behind the front of all your glory and will face me in real battle?" Malkur scoffed, directing his words to the floor with a level of hate rarely seen for another man. His saliva filled with the venom of his words as it hit the dried lake bed floor. Across the beaten path, cracked land about twelve feet away was Kong. An imposing, Asian man with blonde hair and standing well over six foot. He was large, he wore light llamlar armor and wielded a massive trident spear, measuring perhaps ten feet in length.

Malkur was far smaller, standing a minor five foot six and wearing no armor; just a cloak and leathers, he was not a sight to behold. A bow was held in his right hand, and a pair of swords at his hips. Kong said nothing, rather he simply smiled and brought up his spear, thrusting at Malkur from the distance; his arms combined with the length of the spear meant it would hit home if Malkur was not careful. With years of experience and lithe movements Malkur brushed the far end of the trident against his cloak and wrapped it in quick movement, side stepping at the same moment. The long spear head was soon caught in the cloak, and with the flick of a finger it came off Malkur's neck.

With a quick and precise draw the bow string was pulled back, an arrow made of pure white energy forming at the apex of the draw. Releasing the string it fired the energy projectile faster then the average wooden arrow, but Kong was not such an easy target. It struck home against the armor, but simply was absorbed as its magical sheen became apparent. With a wince Malkur soon realized he had made a grave mistake, he was smacked hard in ribs by a side swipe of the wooden shaft of the massive spear, sending him reeling to the floor.

He had little time to react, grabbing the trident head through the cloak at its two sides he held it back as it was forced toward his downed chest. With skill and precision he transitioned, placing his feet in the gaps of the trident head and pushing hard. Arching his back he drew his bow string and fired, not at Kong but at his spear shaft. It shattered in twain instantly, crumbling to the floor harmlessly. Kong was quick to react though, pouncing on his still downed opponent. At the same moment Malkur drew his right short sword in his left hand, and Kong fell directly upon it.

With a cold feeling of weight and death Kong's massive girth fell hard on the small Malkur, leaving him pinned in the salt bed sun. Malkur would never be strong enough to lift the nearly three hundred pounds with armor, and worming out would be impossible. They would both die here, one from a swift stab, the other from heat. The end of the line had come.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have a legal copy of WoW, and expansions. Thank you neighbor! Lol.
Welcome to CotH! I do hope you enjoy your stay here!

Most everybody is supporting and nice, generally.

I look forward to RPing with you in game. =]