Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Itawwwa´s introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player + How did you get into Warcraft?:

I am no hardcore skilled video games player. Never finished missions in GTA, never finished a campaign in a strategy game without cheating. I have never gone for win, I have always played for fun. Always enjoyed sandbox and free play modes more than challenges. My WoW levelling to 70 on a 7x rate server ( but a pretty good one ) took almost half a year, because I have travelled, trained professions, collected items I liked (didn´t really need) , explored and learned about interesting places etc.

How I got to warcraft: My friend started talking to me about a great game he played: so called WoW (TBC already) . I asked him to give me the CD, but he did not have it at that time.
As time went, I was more and more interested in the game and started reading the website. Finaly, after a year of torture from my friend I got the game for my birthday. So happened that I knew a lot about the game, races, classes etc. and even the story before really playing the game.

After some time, levelling was no more fun for me. So I have stayed with my lvl70 BE Warlock and done all the more entertaining* things with him ( professions, exploring the world, reputations, lore-related quests, interesting items, Alterac Valley** ). I was more and more interested in Warcraft lore and so. I have read some warcraft books, ( DotD, TLG, LotC, Sunwell comics, WotA1 <- now waiting for 2 and 3 to arrive ). I have even cheated all the way through W3 to play the story. But about after a 1.2 year ( from when I got the game ) the whole "normal" WoW was no more fun for me. I started looking for a good RP server. I found one but it´s still only a work in progress and it lasts way too long. So I´ve looked farther ( behind the wall of language ) and so I am here.
My RP experience is in fact really low (and I have never RPed in a foreign language) , but I hope I can become good enough to play here, because a normal server with a mistyped "R" in front of "PVP" is not enough for me.

* - my opinion
** - I was never a really good PvP player, I just loved AV because it was massive, making strategy and organisation really good help.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live my whole short life in Slovakia, so my primary language is Slovak. But I think that I can write and read in English really good ( at least for my age. )

What made you seek our server over others?:
I´ve been looking for a strict RP server with no blizzlike exp-rate. ( Read my expectations before telling "You can RP with any level get out" )

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I don´t have much experience, but I like RP in bigger groups, probably tavern RP or some festivals, but I also like fighting and adventures when in bigger groups. I think i would also like ( but never experienced ) something like organised army attack RP with generals, uniforms, strategies and so...

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race are the Blood Elves, just because when I started playing, my friends were Horde and I don´t like being an animal or a corpse, so the only human-like horde race was my choice. But as I have read, I don´t really like the fact I am in a faction only with the zombies, with every other race I liked ( orcs, maybe humans, night elves, tauren ) hating me...

My favorite class to play ( not to roleplay ) was a warlock, as I liked the non-speedclicking fighting style ( DoTs, demon, relax ) and that there was always a big blue boxing bag that took the beating for me, allowing me to do the mining or get out.
But now when I have read the WotA1 book, I understand there can almost not be a good warlock. The warlock is or evil, or possessed, or too stupid to understand he can do no good when playing with demons.
Also, the playable warlock class is just a commercial thing. I don´t think any orc who still uses the demonic power would be accepted by the others, and almost the same with other races.

My race/class choice will be probably a Blood Elf mage, since I don´t really like the Alliance races ( maybe the NEs, but I don´t like their class possibilities ) and I want to use magic ( while not being a warlock ).

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect that I´ll find good RP here, without the need to bore myself levelling it up on a blizz rate first ( Since it´s strange to play fex. a powerful warrior as a level 10, and I don´t want to be a little mugger. Also, I can not be for example a master jewelcrafter, because I can not have the maximal skill as a level 12. )

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Rules are not the object of my interest. They are here just to be obeyed to improve the gameplay, which is the object of my interest. I like all rules, but if you need, I like the Roleplaying rule, because that is what I am here for. lol.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The woods were quiet. You would say, well, that´s normal isn´t it? But no, THIS was not normal. The woods were way too quiet. No birds singing, no dragonhawks flying around, no lynxes running here and there. Something was happening. Something very wrong.
There were about 50 elves hiding in the woods near the road. I was one of them. We were waiting for the enemy to pass by, we wanted to ambush them when they did not expect it.
But the waiting was terrifying. Every minute seemed like an hour, every hour seemed like a week. With every second I felt my mind is gonna blow... I tried to counter this feeling by repeating my combat spells again and again, but it did not help. I have never seen the enemy before, I could only imagine him from what the others told me. Just when the image of the creature was forming in my mind, suddenly a strong arm grabbed me and pulled me out of my thoughts. I almost scorched the elf to the bone, just on time I realised it´s just the ranger hiding aside from me. " Wake up, Mage, wake up! They´re almost here! " I must really have been sleeping the past few hours, because now the woods were in no case quiet. I´ve heard the sound of a marching army, as well as the cry of the earth, tortured and killed by the enemies´ footsteps. After the longest hour in my life, our time finaly began. From behind me I heard the warcry: " For Anasterean! " and a horde of elven rangers rushed to the claws of death. I stood up with a spell on my lips - and what I have seen almost knocked me down to my knees. We were ridiculously outnumbered by walking corpses, some of them still bearing signs of their elven past. I opened my eyes again, willing to cast a spell and what I have seen hit me harder that anything before. The elf, which was just ten seconds ago by my side, got ripped in half. On his face I saw the expression of pain, but also the expression of fear. Fear of becoming one of the empty-minded undead. Not. Not today, and not like this. It´s not my time yet. I turned around and ran. I ran as fast as I could and as far as I could. And now I am here, a deserter, telling you my story...
-Mr. Cale, is that true, are you really a mage? You don´t look like one.
-Haha, no, kids, it´s just a fairy tale... *smiles* I must go now, may the light be with you...
The kids left.
Then a tall person ran out of the shadows, grabbing two of the kids and running away.
Guards started to chase him immediately, but they were no match for long legs of the kidnapper.
Suddenly there was a flash of light and the blinded kidnapper fell to the ground.
Lying on the ground, he tried to draw his shortsword, but got a kick to the head with a heavy boot of a guard. Confused guards looked around, searching the causer of the flash, but there was no mage anywhere close. There were just some merchants, a group of frightened children and the vagabond in the dirty cape, who was telling some strange stories to them...
Calethiel held his cape tightly. The crystal of his wand was still yet shining.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

a) I am a male.
b) How many years have passed since the fall of Quel´thalas?
c) There´s no c.
d) Sorry for this being this long. But I had to choose between too short and this long.
e) Is it possible to be some kind of other race-friendly blood elf?
f) there is no apostrophe in kaldorei

Thanks for reading
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Very nice introduction, just make sure that you fix your ' button, it's supposed to be ', not ´.
I am using the Slovak keyboard so I have no apostrophe.
Switching to english layout would not be very good, cause I have no idea where do you have !.,:"-() and even the apostrophe. I´ve found an altenative which is easy for me, the ´

Is that really so bad? Are there any problems with it? Because it is really a problem for me to use '
No idea what a Slovak keyboard looks like, but ´will be fine.
Hah, Swedish keyboards got 'em both! + some extra ` ´ ' ¨ ^ ~ * ? \ / % ¤ £ $ | § ½ &

Anyway, welcome to the server!