Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello from Imalamuya
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, template cut and paste.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I always fail hard at this question. I'm not good at describing myself to others. To some, I'm everything. To others, I'm just confusing. I'm certainly not average; take that as you will. (I'm horrible at explaining it.) I have a lot of hobbies, and I'm a relentless perfectionist. Professionally, I'm a Sr. Systems and Storage Administrator, and have been for nearly 2 decades. Personally, I'm into everything from high end computing to sewing to cars.
I'm a firm believer in treating others as you'd like to be treated, and have an extreme dislike for "lawl Interweb I can be a dick."

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States English. Boy, there's a surprise, right? :)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
You know, I don't think I'll ever understand how I got into Warcraft. I liked the RTS games a lot, and wasted countless hours on Orcs and Humans. But, they're not really what got me into Warcraft.
I started playing WoW because a few friends kept pestering me to. (Of course, we never really got together in game, for whatever reasons.) Something with Tauren just actually just clicked, and bam, I was hooked.

What made you seek our server over others?:
CotH was recommended by a friend, who is also considering joining. That started me.
I spent a few days browsing what I could unregistered, and liked what I saw - a priority on intelligent, coherent roleplay. A focus on quality over quantity. The world moving based on actual plot and writing, instead of just following Blizzard's lead on everything.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To quote the paste, "What appeals to you the most?"
To answer the paste, all of it. It depends on the character more than anything else; they may prefer sitting around in a tavern. Or they may prefer starting barroom brawls. It entirely depends on them.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Tauren Shaman. Hands down. Second is Tauren Warriors. Third is Tauren Death Knights. Dead last is everything that isn't Tauren.
As to why, it's hard to explain. The whole race clicked very well. It's what I get, what I understand, what I spent way too many hours researching and learning. I just love Tauren.

What are your expectations of this server?:
This question is definitely the hardest for me to answer. What do I expect in simplest terms? Intelligent roleplay. On a more complex level, I simply can't explain it worth crap. I'm looking for a more intelligent, more mature, and more adult community to go with my WoW.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Can I say all of them? No? Okay.
It was a tossup, but I'm going to have to go with rule #2.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(( You're joking, right? Oh dear. Well. You asked for it. Right. Going now. ))

"Mmh. You present to us, an interesting conundrum, dears." The Tauren gestured vaguely with her right hand, the left resting on her thigh as she sat at the desk. "We, that being us, don't particularly like being thrust into the middle of such matters. It's now how we do things."
"But..."
"Shut up and listen. We're still talking." Both hands were now gesturing, "kids these days, and so on. We said it was a conundrum - that's a difficult decision - because it is." She pointed at the Orc, "you're asking us to get involved in a dispute between two people, not clans, yes?"
The Orc nodded hesitantly, "yes ma'am."
"Not ma'am," she waved a hand dismissively at the Orc. "Greatmother. But, here's our problem. We step in, we become involved in a dispute between what, two Orcs?"
"Yes Greatmother," he replied quietly. She was standing slowly, letting the hideously loud red robes with gold and silver trim fall as they might about her legs.
"Hm," the ground shook a little as she stamped a leg, trying to rid herself of the pins and needles. "Okay," she said as she turned back toward the Orc.
"Okay?"
"Okay, we'll deal with it." A quick glance by the confused Orc found nobody else in the large tent, save the Death Knight. "Since you seem to be terrified of Striders or whatever. Not our problem. Well," she tapped the end of her muzzle. "Suppose it is our problem now. Anyway, send them over. We'll get this sorted."
The Orc bowed low out of a mix of fear and respect, spying the massive sword hanging from the Tauren's hip. "Yes, Greatmother. Thank you." Shoulders went up and down in a brief shrug, and a wave of the hand dismissed the Orc.

(( Decidedly not my finest work, so, I'mma toss in a second at no extra charge. What? What do you mean it's free? Oh fie. This is a little something from back around Children's Week. ))

“Oof!” Imalamuya's hooves skittered across the ground as she narrowly missed stepping on a young Orc running in front of her. The stones she stood on offered little purchase, forcing her to quickly adjust her stance to maintain balance. “Careful, please,” her voice quiet as she looked down at the awed child. For his part, the Orc stared up at all the Dreamcatchers hanging from her braids, which still jostled against each other as they tried to settle back into position.
“Oh, Elder, I'm sorry! He's rath-“ Imalamuya held up a hand, which silenced the Matron. It wasn't what she intended, but things just happened that way sometimes.
”No, no… I was not looking where I was going. Apologies, young one,” she kicked one hoof back, bowing respectfully to the young Orc. He just stared up at her with wide eyes, causing her to give the Matron a puzzled look.
“I don't think he's ever seen an El-“
“Please, please? Just Imalamuya. Or Ima. Please?” The Tauren sighed softly, exasperated.
“Of course, Eld-ah, Imal-ah… Ima. I meant, he's never seen an Eld, I mean, experienced Shaman before.” She offered a timid smile, preparing to launch into her pitch. “And it is Children's Week you know. And, well, I was wondering if maybe you could take Marak on a bit of a tour?”
”Puh-leeease?” The Orc finally spoke, making his best attempt at puppy-eyes. Imalamuya for her part, sighed in resignation. She could resist, but what good would it really do? Beside, she was avoiding the usual tasks of the day she could be expected to be called upon for.
“Okay.” She did a double-take as the Orc started jumping up and down, “… is that, normal?”
“Uhm. Yes.” The Matron did not sound very sure of this statement, and Imalamuya shrugged. She motioned briefly with her hand for the young Orc to follow, and simply continued on her way. Now with a child following behind her, zig-zagging through the streets and dodging hooves and feet alike as he went.

---

“Miss Eeeeeeee-maaaaah?”
She blinked, stirred from her thoughts by the voice. “Mmhmm?” She kept a close eye on the Crocolisks nearby, which seemed uninterested in becoming someone's armor today.
“I wanna see the Dark Portal.”
”You… apologies, what?”
“I wanna see the Portal! I wanna see Outland!”
A hand rose, rubbing at her face. “Mmh. The Portal, yes, we can. Outland… I will think on, yes?”
Her strange speech patterns were a bit confusing, but he was starting to understand her most of the time. “Okay,” he readily agreed. “To the Portal!” Tiny legs kicked the massive Kodo, which was fairly certain he had picked up some sort of large fly. Imalamuya made a mental note to ensure she kept Marak away from anything that might possibly contain anything that might possibly make him more hyperactive, swinging Kachee toward the south. The Dark Portal wasn't that far, anyways.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
... newp! Any questions for me, feel free to PM! :)
Holy crap, a Tauren lover too!

You get a Maulbane seal of approval and a nice, large, (possibly, I left it out for a long time)...

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

PS: You'd better have read Maulbane's storyline or I'll eat you.
A very nice intro, welcome to the server! If you come up with any questions feel free to ask, we don't bite, hard.

Just keep in mind; Happiness is mandatory, citizen.