Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dantrag's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
OOC:

First off, hello everyone !

To start.. I've been playing World of Warcraft since the US open beta. I started off with a group of friends exploring the gameworld during beta, when release day came we settled with Deathwing (EU) as the birthplace of our characters. We started a guild named Choatic Nomads with the vision of RPing while playing all aspects of the game. It went well for a about half a year but alot of people stopped playing and others left for endgame raiding guilds so.. we decided to disband and go our separate ways. I joined a very nice casual guild with a strong core of members (core of the guild were old DAOC friends). We excelled in all parts of the game, events were held (also RP-events) and a few players wrote some very nice stories about their characters on the guild website. I had great fun with them but decided to take a break from WoW. After a few months I came back and we moved to Twisting Nether (where my main character still resides). We did some more raiding and prepared for The Burning Crusade. During TBC the guildleader and some other people decided to quit the game. The guild disbanded after disputes that followed. It took about a month and the core players started Mithril Circle (2) and not to go on.. they still exist to this day. I quit a few months ago for lack of time to play and mainly because I did not enjoy the constant grind. Last week I started trolling private servers in search of some fun but havn't found anything with a good community.. until now I hope !

I myself enjoy the RP scene, have done it in different MMO's and did some D&D (but after buying all the books and other gear we only played a few times due to lack of time). I also enjoy the other aspects of the game.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?

I was born in Portsmouth, England in 1987. I moved to Ghent, Belgium in 1991 and still live here. I speak English and Dutch.

How did you get into Warcraft?

I used to play some Warcraft 2 but it mainly started to take flight when I got my hands onto the Warcraft 3 beta during a LAN party

What made you seek our server over others?

It was the only RP server I found that wasn't German.. Also from the things I have read it looks fun. The waiting and introduction system works as a nice filter to weed certain people out.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?

Mainly fantasy and scifi, I really enjoy it and it does wonders for game immersion.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?

It depends, I like Gnome magi.. who doesn't like little comical creatures with deep arcane knowledge (mainly acting like a clown but can surprise people in certain situations). Blood elf rogue, yes blood elf! I have a hard time liking them (the whole look blizzard gave them kinda annoys me) but with some work I started to like them. My interest in fantasy started with Drizzt books you see.. I like the whole drow thing and blood elfs can get close in looks with some work done to them. The nature driven taurens are interesting, I wouldn't mind trying the role of a reclusive tauren shaman..

What are your expectations of this server?

A friendly and fun enviroment to RP in with a nice community. And I expect it is indeed so.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?

I to say respect. Mutual respect should be given not earned.. ingame and in real life. It also makes the whole experience more enjoyable for everyone.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

He looked up, sunddenly aware that he was being followed. It appeared that the old women from the small store in a'nia, had followed him into the woods.
At first he felt a strange aura emit from her, thinking she was maybe a powerful Illusionist, he shrugged the thought away. But he felt it again, this time he wanted to know more... He suddenly shot for a bush, ran thru it and dived, landing into a roll and rolling out onto his back. He layed there still... Suddenly the bush caught a flame and the old women walked thru the burning bush. He jumped up -saber already drawn- turning into a defensive spin. The old women began to shift her form into what seemed like a halfdog/halfbat form.
-he had seen such monstrosities back in n'onchantill's summon halls, where he had honed his skills against summoned monsters-
his saber shot out but was stopped halfway by a broad blade. He reversed his thrust and came in low -too low- and before he knew it he got struck by the Blade's massive hilt, his nose flattened in a stream of blood. he layed there... unconsious.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not really, I just hope it wasn't too much !
Welcome to the server!

It wasn't too much, I liked it!

I may just necro this but..

Have fun on the server, if you have any further questios do not hesitate to PM me :D