Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Holy Frustration Batman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am dying to get into CotH. Unfortunately, there seem to be some details about loading WoW and accessing the server that are flying right by me.

Lemme go step by step. I loaded the WoW client, as suggested and using the Mac link from the website. This gave me the 3.0.2 version. Here's where it gets dicy. I have the option, apparently, of going 3.2 or not at all. I can't find a way to patch up without patching over.

I've changed the realmlist, and consequently, when I try and login it gives me some blizzard error message. Unsurprising, I guess, considering I don't have the right version. But if I patch up, I can login to the Blizzard 10 Day trial account I have.

I really dunno where I'm going wrong here, if I'm missing something etc.

Please help this poor neo-Luddite so he can finally get some RP in...
Uh, seeing as you have a Mac, this may not help at all, but dig around in your WoW folder and you should be able to find each patch from 3.0.2 available to install individually, provided you've downloaded it beforehand. I really wish I could be of more help, but to be honest I wasn't paying that much attention when I was experiencing a similar dilemna, and frankly found the folder by accident. Still, have a look around and you might find something.
I've been digging around my WoW files as much as I can. The only patches I've seen were all 3.2 - explicitly 3.2.

Is there somewhere I can download each patch individually?

Again, I really dunno where I went wrong in the process as described on this website, and I've done the bloody thing twice in a row (deleting the entire WoW client and starting over).
Go here. Download each individual patch. It's gonna take forever, but it will get you to 3.1.

Oh and even though I find that site to be the best for Mac patches, you can go here for some links to other patch download sites in case the one I first gave you doesn't work.
Ok. I'm going to download each patch individually. Does it matter where I download the patches to? Should they go into a specific folder?

And should I just ignore the 'unable to validate game' message when I try and login?- I've been assuming it is related to the outdated 3.0.1 version and new realmlist.wtf, but I wouldn't know.
I hate to double post, but I really do need more help on this. I'm too stubborn to give up completely, but I don't know my options- third time through, following the site's instructions and I STILL can't make the jump from 3.0.1 to 3.1.3 without downloading each patch individually.
Then download the patches individually? Or are there any problems with that?

I don't have a mac so I'll probably not be much help but if you download each patch and then manually patch it up you should be fine, make sure to change the realmlist after the final patch too! I don't think it matters where you place the patches, but for simplicity's sake I'd shove 'em all into the WoW folder.

Also; moved to Technical Problems forums!