Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An introduction? In the introduction forum? No way!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I've been doing RP all over the place for years. Always fun to make and take on another role, right? So, I ended up starting WoW a few months ago, maybe 4 or 5, and quickly realized the potential the Warcraft universe had for good roleplay. Then I started poking into the roleplay servers publicly available, and didn't really find them suitable. Most of them didn't take the RP seriously, that is, they didn't involve any actual roleplay at all. They just slapped an RP onto the server description to make me sad when I arrived. XD

Then I stumbled across this! I honestly don't even remember how I found this page, all I know is I've been reading rules and posts for hours and I'm looking forward to a group of mature, experienced roleplayers, in such a conficted but not overly-dramatic setting as WoW, especially with some of the story developments you've thrown in. The new Blight filled me with glee and merriment. Which may not be a good thing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA, and English. Woo.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend convinced me to get the WoW demo. He was trying to get me away from Guild Wars, to be honest. And it worked until about lvl 28 (I was leveling my Warrior with a complete balance in arms, so I ended up so totally doomed I lost interest in the game for over a year.) Then a few months ago I jumped back into WoW and haven't looked back.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The one thing I look for in any RP experience in any medium is signs of experienced roleplayers, people who won't damage a good roleplay experience. And, while I can't QUITE remember how I stumbled onto this, I DO know this seems to show those signs. :D

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Groups! I have no problem with RP one on one, but...Well, I guess it stems back to my first real RP experience, playing Amia on Neverwinter Nights 1. That whole, free-moving actively changing RP mmo-type thing was brilliant, and I haven't been able to find anything quite like it since. No other games, including NWN2, have had an RP server quite as dedicated yet beautifully simple as Amia was.

Aah, sweet memories. At any rate, drifting through the world, RPing with whoever's around, the kind of RP which can really only be provided by an MMO scenario. That's my IDEAL roleplay.

That and any RP that randomly slaps you in the face before running away giggling and shouting "Plot twist! Plot twist!"

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Forsaken Priest. By far.

Firstly, Forsaken. Rock. Not because they're rotting either, oh no. They're conflicted. They're that group of the Horde that never really "fit in." They're only allied with the rest of the Horde because it conveniences them at the time, and I honestly believe that Sylvanas would turn the forsaken on Orgrimmar almost immediately if, by some miracle of fate, the Alliance threat were to completely and utterly vanish, either via defeat or supernatural phenomenon.

(I'm not actually suggesting the possibility of the Alliance vanishing into thin air. Just saying, if the Alliance weren't there, Forsaken might not be Horde members. :D)

Also, Priests are sweet, and make for good RP type stuffs, especially the whole Holy vs Shadow type thing. I'm not suggesting any of that cliche "OMG AM I GOOD OR EVIL" stuff, but it's a class that can directly go either towards protection or destruction. Which is awesome.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to be stunned and awed. From what I've seen, this server has tons upon tons of awesome Roleplayers, AND good standards and attentive GMs keeping the quality level high as well. Thank you. XD

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Hm...Would it be rude for me to say Keyboard Skills? XD

No, but in all seriousness, I'd say the Respect rule. Maybe the Maturity one too. They're subtle, but important to a good Roleplay---no, scratch that, they're important to a good community. And a good roleplay requires a good community.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Yeesh. I hate this things. Not Roleplay samples, they're important, just...Such broad, general questions. "Tell us a story! Go on, improvise something! We're just JUDGING YOU!!!"

Anyway, sure thing. Just give me a moment, I'll put the story...Ya know...Under this line of text right here.

Grok sat at the computer, desperately trying to come up with a story to tell. He knew he could write, but blast him it was late, and he knew if he stopped now he wouldn't be able to bring himself to finish everything he'd already done. He knew he could come up with something good easily enough, if he could just bring himself to think of a setting. He'd started just letting his mind wander, but none of that was working. For some reason, it all started with a man watching his son eat mud.

That, very quickly, devolved into stupidity.

From there it moved on to a young alchemist looking for herbs, but the concept ran out of points to run off of way too soon to satisfy poor Grok's imagination.

And later still Grok had started a small story about a man, utterly convinced he was the only sane one left on Earth, but decided it was much too cliche.

Still sitting at the computer, nearly an hour into composing his story, the page was blank. He slowly tapped his fingers on his desk, probing his mind for information. Should he create a character and ramble on in development? No, that wouldn't be good. He'd end up going in circles without a genuine plot and setting to run off of, and creating a setting, plot, AND character for a story he really didn't feel needed to be more than a paragraph long seemed too much to him. Maybe he was just being lazy, but at the very least he'd decided to try to keep things short and simple.

He'd at the very least stumbled upon his biggest flaw; He was trying to make a very short story without a plot or setting to branch off of. He was trying to create a story without the backbones of a story, which was creating...Well, if you want to continue with the body metaphor, it was creating a soggy pile of useless flesh.

Sorry, disgusting metaphor.

At any rate, Grok couldn't figure it out. He needed the story shortly; He had things to do in the morning, he was already up much too late trying to get something written out, and he still had made no progress whatsoever. He sat, wracking his brain for the answer, to no avail.

"I need some caffeine."

A standard answer to...well, anything really. At least for Grok it was. Put a soda in his hands and, as far as he was concerned, he was smarter, well focused, 10 times stronger, possibly even capable of stopping a speeding bullet. (At least once, anyway.)

After pounding back a Coke, Grok turned back to his blank page and sighed.

It hadn't helped.

Grok stared at the blank page, his eyes growing heavy, slowly falling into a state of near-sleep. He had to come up with something, this was important!

Needing to get to sleep, Grok settled on a more...Uncreative decision. Instead of writing out a whole, epic storyline, with possible dragons and witchcraft, maybe some random science fiction teleportation, and a Stargate reference or two for good measure, and maybe blowing up a few worlds only to have them come back due to it being some sort of random, unexplained time paradox causing the world to only explode in one timeline, where it was not duely supposed to and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...

...Instead of cliche'd, random storytelling, Grok would just type. He would type the last hour of nothing he'd done, and hope that would suffice. Hell, worst case scenario, he'd type something else out in the morning. After all, he wasn't supposed to "WRITE" a story. He was supposed to "TELL" a story. And why not tell the story of him trying to come up with a story?

So, Grok, ready for sleep, wrote out the epic tale of his search for an epic tale.

Coincidentally, it was rather similar to this.

I go to court on Sunday to dispute copyright privileges with him. Little thief...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

...I have a lot, and I mean a LOT, of energy, all the time, for no good reason. I feel you should know that. XD

Also, it is pretty late, and I'm starting off college stuffs tomorrow, so I should be getting to sleep. I won't be on the server or even into direct character development (Though I have some ideas of course >:D) until tomorrow night for sure. So...See you all in Azeroth then I suppose. :D
Awesome intro, welcome to CotH =)

Just take note; If you start losing your mind here within the next two weeks, don't worry, it's a perfectly natural phenomenon called 'fun' XD
Welcome to the server!
This introduction was fun to read. Wow...

Anywho, welcome to the server! You're awesome!
GameMosquito Wrote:Firstly, Forsaken. Rock. Not because they're rotting either, oh no. They're conflicted. They're that group of the Horde that never really "fit in." They're only allied with the rest of the Horde because it conveniences them at the time, and I honestly believe that Sylvanas would turn the forsaken on Orgrimmar almost immediately if, by some miracle of fate, the Alliance threat were to completely and utterly vanish, either via defeat or supernatural phenomenon.

I just wanted to note on this, in our version of WoW lore the Forsaken and Belves have broken off from the Horde and become the Blood Pact, or Sin'Sholai. So there's three factions, not just two, now.
The Blood Pact actually really interests me, though I'd failed to mention it when I made that introduction. It's a brilliant plot device really, as it uses characteristics pre-defined to create a believable change to the overall dynamic of the world. Like I said, I find the Forsaken to be conflicted characters, I'm not surprised they'd ally with the Blood Elves and break away.

And thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Genuinely appreciated. Getting to work on a profile now. :D
Quote:Firstly, Forsaken. Rock. Not because they're rotting either, oh no. They're conflicted.

I love you.

*cough* I mean, welcome to the server! I'm sure you'll fit right in, if you got questions; don't hesitate to ask!

Happiness is mandatory, citizen.

Oh, and your story is very compelling, I know exactly how it can be, hehe.