Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mayle Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, where to begin... I've been a roleplayer in MMOs since the original Everquest, and I've been playing games since before that... Obsessed with Sci Fi, Fantasy, et al. Pursuing down the path of art, design, illustration, and currently at University for such. (On that note, more than happy to accept commissions of character art for WoW). I tend to be laid back, but I can jump to the occasion when needed, and I tend to be very protective of friends. I played WoW Retail for about 5 years (since launch, actually), but the game lost its spark in recent months. Too much drama developed between the limited RP communities that managed to cling to the servers majorly infested with griefers and trolls. Decided to take a break from the community, perhaps returning incognito when Cataclysm arrives. In recent months I've bounced between games, stumbling upon WoW Private Servers, and thats when I thought to look for some sort of RP-specific community. My hope is this place will be a safe harbour for RP, and actually crack down on those that would harass us.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States, deep in the woods of Vermont, though I go to school in Rhode Island. Speak english, but I have a bizarre, french canadian influence in speech and typing.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Was a big fan of Warcraft 3. And MMOs. When WoW was announced, I was more than eager to get my hands on it. Signed up for betas and whatnot, preordered, and got on the train as soon as I could. Been upset every now and again as Blizzard felt fit to alter lore I'd already learned (The great BC retcons), but my faith with the game was reignited with Wrath, which I found very well done.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Honestly, this is the first RP private server I have found. Other private servers tend to consist mostly of, excuse my french, assholes. Everyone tends to hate each other, and while thats good for taking out aggression after a long day, its not exactly healthy for social interaction. My hope is this server will be a welcome change.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm really open to it all. My characters tend to be fighters, expeditionists, et al, but always enjoy winding down in a pub or inn at the end of the day.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hard to decide. I would have to say I have several... Orc Rogue, because their movement styles, combined with their heritage and character, makes them seem like... Commandos, rather than thieves, bandits or swindlers. Not a bastard, but a special guerrilla soldier dropped behind lines to wreak havoc or cause some damage.

Troll Hunter.. Because they seem so ideal.. Laid back, but deadly.. In touch with nature, but still dangerous. Primal and feral.

Draenei Warrior.. For some reason I cant get the idea of a large semi-broken draenei lower city brawler flailing into combat with his bare fists, or two large weapons he happened to find.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hoping it will be a nice community.. Less of the drama and grief, more of the actual, good roleplay. Functional and satisfying.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. I find simple maturity can solve any number of problems in any community. With maturity (not biologically, mind you), comes respect and tolerance, and with that all the other rules and regs simply follow suit. Its a good thing to encourage, and I like that it is.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is the prologue, and first chapter of a small story written of one of my (in)famous characters in retail, Verus Venusefeth. In short, he was a High Elf Alliance Paladin and Commander, imprisoned during the third war, freed and joined the Kael'thas and the Blood Elves going to Outland. Much later on, he died in a Flying Accident, and his body taken by Arthas. By this time, he had grown bitter, and cold.)

Of Light and Shadow – The Beginning

It smelled of spring, right before a soothing shower, and dragonhawks fluttered about the forest floor in the distance. The platinum haired knight breathed in deeply, as he stood upon the small ridge overlooking the the main passage of southern Eversong. Under his arm he held a golden helm, adorned with curved wings, and behind him his blue cape billowed in the gentle breeze.

“Verus?” Came her voice from behind him, soft and sweet, though carrying now a tinge of worry, “Verus, what is wrong?” She came close, as he turned slightly to her. Her blonde bangs slightly obscuring her sapphire eyes, which were uncharacteristically laden with concern.

“This enemy... It is powerful, Silandra... I am worried...” He spoke softly, his voice gravelly and slightly deeper than the average elf. Silandra seemed only more upset by his words.

“Worried? Verus, you never worry... What is it?” She gripped his arm as she drew herself close, urging him to open himself to her. “Tell me..”

The knight sighed, “You are pregnant, and battle comes tomorrow, I know it. And I know you won't be removing yourself from combat... I worry for our child... For you... For us...” He returned his eyes to the brooding horizon, where clouds billowed angrily.

She followed his gaze, looking off towards the valley leading to Lordaeron, “Verus, the Scourge destroyed our lands through that valley. Our home. You know I wont stand for that.” She spoke with a steeled determination. The knight stood silent, as her blue magi robes billowed in the building winds.

At long last he sighed again, “I know. I know I wont convince you, you're as stubborn as me.. Just please, promise me you will be careful...” He turned, his cold expression melting as he did, eyes stricken with a pleading worry of their own, and his hands taking hers, as he carelessly let his helm fall to the ground.

She rolled her eyes a bit, “You know they never let us near the front lines. I will be okay.” She raised his hands to her lips, kissing the back of one gently, before lowering them to her stomach, which bulged with a growing child, “We will be okay.”

Verus, nodded, “I trust you to that.” He smiled, genuinely happy, as he lowered to a knee, hands caressing her belly, as he rested his ear against it. His wife only smiled, and stroked her nimble fingers through his feathered platinum locks, as the winds picked up even more, blowing about their clothes and hair.

The knight lifted his head, and looked to the valley that lead to Lordaeron, and Stratholme. The billowing clouds had grown dark, and grown in ferocious appearance. “A storm brews.” He said softly, as he looked up to her. He stood, sweeping her into his arms as he did, hefting her up gently, “Lets go.”
She giggled lightly as he did, “Take me home, my champion.” She reached down to catch the visor of his helm on a pair of fingers, and curled it up under one arm, the other wrapping around his neck, and clinging to him.

The stoic knight only snickered as he carried her off to their city home.

(Its a work in progress, but I can update more at request, mebbe)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, I think that covers it. Sure I will learn the rest as it comes. Thanks for taking the time to read meh.
This is introduction is so... shiny, so... beautiful, so... GREAT! :D

Welcome to the server!

Remember to /join chat in-game - everybody know that the Chat channel is the kewl place where all the kewl peeps gather to chat (and eat each other's heads)! Also, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM! :D

Aha! I almost forgot...

Have fun and enjoy CotH!

Quickly, quickly, on mah dragon egg to make it hatch sooner!