Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mac Difficulty - 3.0.9 to 3.1.0 Updater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alrighty, here's -my- problem. As it stands, I've recently come back to CotH after a decent vacation. At the time I left, the server was version 3.0.9, and worked perfectly.

Now, however, the server's updated to 3.1.3, and so I've attempted to patch up to 3.1.0 from 3.0.9. The downloading of the patches hasn't been a problem. I -have- the 3.0.9 to 3.1.0 Patch downloaded. Here's the problem.

I run the Updater inside the patch folder, and it loads. It then waits for a moment at "Preparing to update..." then crashes, roughly a minute later. The only error message I can wean out of it all is from the Console, "Invalid colorspace type", which means nothing to me.

Here's what I've done to try and fix the problem, unsuccessfully.

I've re-downloaded the patch. No go, same problem.
I've copied the entire WoW folder to another drive. Nada.
I've poked around the Blizz forums, and all I found were methods of repairing permissions and repairing the hard drive. Neither worked.

SO. Here I am. Supposedly, some weeks ago, Shivali was having a similar problem but managed to get past it somehow. I'll be prodding him as well. Til then, however.

Any insight?
Despite that I know LOLNOTHING about the OSX File Structure, reinstall WoW, and try again, it should clear out all paths that may have been blocked my something else.
Nope, don't reinstall. Control click the installer application, then click show package contents in the drop-down menu. It should open up a new finder window that shows the "Contents" folder of the application. Go to /Contents/MacOS/ then you should see a file called "Installer." Check the icon for it. It should look like this. [Image: Picture9.png] If it doesn't then tell me because you have the same problem I did.
Phooey. The installer icon -does- look like the one you posted. Regardless, what did you end up doing to fix your problem? It might give me some hints into how to fix this without reinstalling.

I'm loathe to reinstall, since I have -no- idea where my original disc went to. Sigh. I'll figure it out somehow.
If you have a retail account, aren't you able to just download the client installer from your battle.net account now?
I could, but that's just more downtime in downloading the installer. Regardless, as a last resort, I'll try it.
Okeydoke. I performed a reinstall via the online cliant download of WotLK, which is.. version 3.0.1.

It's been however many hours, BUT. The 3.0.9 to 3.1.0 patcher seems to be running. Slowly, but surely. Hopefully.

Unless I make another post, I'd say it's fixed. Cheers, and thanks for the help!