Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Norse's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I enjoy playing almost every aspect of this game, ranging from PvP, to PvE, and RPing; which I have found to be very enjoying and entertaining. I find roleplaying fun because you attempt to completely format your personality and take on the actions, behaviors, and thoughts of another person (kind of like acting which I've enjoyed whenever the time arises).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the small middle-eastern country of Kuwait, and I am fluent in two languages; one of them being English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started Warcraft ever since its days as an RTS, since Reign of Chaos. I was introduced to it by a family member of mine and I have been attached to the game ever since. I started playing WoW a few months after it had been released and its been a good four years now.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Honestly, I had been looking for a private RP server for a while now. I was only able to discover the server because my family member which introduced me to the Warcraft series told me about it; and I decided to give it a shot.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all types of roleplaying, mainly because I like the challenge of adapting to any situation as they arise. I mean, the more of a surprise it is, the more original the roleplaying is (not like some rehearsed script).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race have always been the Orcs (ever since Warcraft III) mainly because of their warlike/savage attitude as well as the honor and pride they take in battle (I have always held these virtues in high esteem). That and I've always thought they were misunderstood by the Humans of Azeroth (Don't want to open that topic here lol). My next favorite race would be the Dwarves because of their unique personality, which, well, is down right amazing to roleplay as (not to mention the laughs). As for favorite class, well, I enjoy roleplaying anything, doesn't really matter; again, its all about adapting.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A friendly server populace, helpful staff, and plenty of people to RP with :P.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one that I like the most and am thankful that you guys have put up is the maturity rule. You don't know how many times I've encountered immature players (on retail/private and off), which are just annoying. Thank you very much for this.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Dark and threatening clouds loomed over New York City; it was the 5th... of March to be exact. Cold and quiet, the atmosphere had an unfamiliar tinge to it. The air was light, misty in fact. John was on his way to his favorite quaint little cafe' on the intersection of 3rd and Maine. He was wearing a coat along with his usual attire; a T and pants. He thought he'd be able to get a glass, black (just the way he liked it), before work. He was on his way down the cracked sidewalk leading down from his 1930's brown brick apartment building, the only one left in the area still not renovated. The rent was fine so who was he to complain? As he looked up to the sky, he noticed the dark grey masses swirling ever so slowly, so thick you could cut them with a knife and serve a piece to any passerby. He was about to turn back and grab an umbrella, but remembered that the forecast had predicted cloudy, and nothing else. As he looked down he noticed what seemed to be the silhouette of Abraham Lincoln.
"A lucky penny," He thought to himself as he bent over to pick it up. He placed it in his pocket and continued down the long sidewalk. Moments later, the sounds of thunder were heard in the distance. John looked up, and a drop of water hit him smack dab, right between the eyes. The rain pured heavy after that, the likes of which John hadn't witnessed in a very long time. The rain fell, and fell; John started running, trying to get to the cafe' as quickly as possible. What was his rush? He was already wet and soaking. John slipped, his back hit the sidewalk with a smack and a thud that were drowned out by the sound of the downpour. Serves him right; didn't his mother teach him not to run in the rain? He got up, now muddy, wiping the dirt off of his coat. A cab zoomed by, and to his bitter tasting sorrow, ran over a rather large puddle of water. Again, John was drenched, more so than he already was (if that was even possible). Muttering a swear word under his breath, he continued on towards the cafe'.
After painstakingly lurching through the water and mud, he finally reached his cafe', his home away from home, where people knew how to make coffee. Head up in victory, he pushed the front door of the cafe', but the door wouldn't open for some reason. He tried and tried again, this time using force to try and get it open. It was apparently locked. He looked through the haze covered glass and was able to see the outlines of a sign. Wiping the glass, he read what seemed to be, "Closed due to family illness, come back some other time." Now head down in defeat, John walked away from the cafe' to sulk and drown in his place. He looked at his watch and noticed that he was about to miss his bus. He started running further down the sidewalk; this guy never learns. He saw his bus at the stop, almost ready to shut gate and keep on trucking. When he finally reached, the bus, the doors swung shut. The bus driver was about to step on it when he notice a hand stick itself through the gate, moments away from closing.
"Ouch!!" a voice from the other side yelped. The bus driver opened the gates.
"Hey John, weird weather we're having today right?" the driver said humorously.
John didn't reply, "If he says one more word about the weather," he though to himself, "I'm going to smack him.
"Fare is $1.26," the driver said. John looked through his pockets but couldn't find his wallet. He must of dropped it on his way to the bus (I knew it). He hurriedly began searching at his pockets, looking for anything, any spare change at all he could use. He was able to find a one dollar bill, and a quarter in his coat pocket.
"You're still one cent short John."
"Give me a sec, okay?" he replied. He decided to search himself one more time. He looked in his right pant pocket, and picked up a coin. Taking it out, he noticed it was the same penny he had found on the sidewalk before. "A lucky penny...", he said.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I didn't know if i should have written a story about WoW or of my invention so I went with the latter.
Welcome to CotH!

Your expectations are certainly met. In my opinion, there is a very friendly populace, VERY helpful staff who are very active (But they still have lives.. I think?), and believe me, there are people always wanting to RP! Also, /join chat in-game for general, game/server-based global chat, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

Enjoy your stay here!