Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kirin's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a person I've always been shy and self conscious, so it show in my role play when I tend not to start conversations myself or out loud. I almost always whisper my posts but I believe that was mostly due to the low role play population on live servers, and wanting desperately to keep away from griefers. I am terribly adverse to confrontation or even seeing others fight but when rubbed hard the wrong way my fuse is short. I am always friendly but keep very few close friends, those that are become a kind of focus for my kindness and charity. I started on a PvP server with friends and when they alienated me from the group I transferred to PvE and never looked back. There I joined one of the raiding guilds and have been with them for a little over two years. But alas life changes and I am no longer able to afford the monthly fee, watching good friends and guild mates come and go like so many leaves has worn me down. Coming to CotH will be a kind of two step forward one step back, I feel I will be getting into the kind of environment I really want to be a part of and at the same time going back to my role playing roots.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in the United States and English is my only language. More specifically I was born in south east Michigan, moved to Florida at 16 and back home at 21.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My adventures into the Warcraft series were actually a complete fluke. I had only seen others play blizzards other titles like Diablo 2 and Starcraft so the entire RPG/RTS genre was very new to me. It was Christmas of 2001 that my mother purchased Warcraft 3 for me, in light of a new computer I had received for my birthday 2 months prior. When my friends learned I had interest in RTS games I was invited over several times for LAN parties, which is where I learned about WoW's release in 2004. That is where my Christmas money went that year. =)

What made you seek our server over others?:
When I canceled my subscription to live servers I knew about private ones but the idea of joining one never really crossed my mind. One day while sitting on yahoo Instant messenger trying desperately to find any of my old role play partners I mused to myself about other MMO's which might feature role play as their focus. It wasn't until weeks and several broken hopes later that I came across your website on a change google search. Just the way the site is worded and put together gave me new hope that this was the place to be for folks like me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I do any and all kinds of role play, and I have to say some of my favorites are:
Group Adventure where a couple people get together to dive head first into everything the world (and lore) have to offer.
and Guild Events, I find that the efforts made by a guild as a whole to set up an event make it that much more immersive.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
While the game has lost a lot of its glimmer since I started playing, I still enjoy hunters which was the first class I played on live servers. After the first expansion I (like many others) rolled a blood elf and found my niche in raids with a healadin. For role play purposes I enjoy the tribal nature and proud stature of the Orcs, and the gentle wisdom of the Tauren.

What are your expectations of this server?
After all the searching and fighting to find a place worth role playing my only the hope that I can find a forever home here among peers and create long lasting stories lines.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?
I really enjoy that the server enforces the lore already set in place by blizzard, I feel at ease knowing I will not be running into any outlandish back stories.
On a similar note I am a little worried about the rules of spelling and grammar. I have some amount of dyslexia and have trouble getting some words correct and other times some words get accidentally meshed into one. Hopefully the community is understanding that I try very hard to get everything right.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!
Trees groaned around a large clearing in Felwood to announce the presence of an unnatural wind, but the squealing tones were muffled by a blanket of rain that fell upon the burn earth, and the cloaked heads of those that wandered purposefully under the dead branches. A volatile fork of lightning split the sky, drowning out all sound in an ear shattering crash of thunder. For a few heartbeats the rolling landscape of Felwood was illuminated with such a brilliant contrast of black and white that any shades of gray were drowned in comparison, and the silhouettes of the warlocks lit in stark relief against the darkness of the ravaged sky. The image was seared into Xavierre's mind, of a solitary, slightly hunched figure of a rider on a skeletal mount approaching the clearing to join his peers as she was joined with her own human ones. Even in the downpour, Xavierre was able to see the smoking tendrils of enchants rising from the armored beast and the dark rider's ornate robes.
Xavierre lifted an elegant mauve brow and arched her neck to try and pinpoint where the rider was now in the sleety darkness. She saw at last that the rider was dismounted and roaming toward the other hunched figures on the opposite side of the glowing rune circle which filled the center of the grove. The figure moved to pass her group and in a moment of heart tearing recognition she turned away from the sight of his visage and tried to place herself deeper amongst the people around her. She did not bother with surprise when a skeletal hand clutched her wrist and halted her retreat and once again she faced her unforgiving past in the eyes of the lone undead.

“Xav…” Its rasping baritone emanated from dry lips, curved downward in a bitter frown. The hollow sockets, now lit only by a dim yellow glow, flicked once down her full figure and back up to the blue eyes staring unemotionally back. By now her peers had closed in around her, posed ready to break apart whatever fight might ensue between the two. In an attempt to reassure them and calm the scene they were irrefutably causing, she made her voice as even toned as possible when she answered him.

“Vesuvius…It has been a long time” She forced a half smile onto her painted lips, which only proved to make him frown deeper.

“You are as beautiful as the day I married you…” His face twisted sharply at some unseen memory playing unforgiving in his mind. Without another word he set her free and continued his slow shamble past the cowled figures to the group of undead which had lifted their heads at the momentary commotion.
The elder standing closest to Xavierre sighed, saddened by the sight of lost love and of hope that was more often than not crushed and left to die as surely the corpses of the buried were dead. Precious few loved ones had managed to raise again in undeath and of those who did, even fewer
had the fortitude to break free of the zombie state that their minds and souls were held in by the Lich King.
Groups of the separate races packed tighter together as the time grew close, taking in hand vials of a thick black potion brewed just for this very event. Xavierre wrinkled her nose as she took the cold glass in her palm and flicked back the cork with her thumb already anticipating the bitter taste of the concoction.
“It never gets any better.” She murmured before tipping the contents past her lips much the way she might have tossed back a shot of Black Label at one of Stormwind's dimly lit bars. Almost at once she felt the effects creep into her system, heightening colors, sounds, smells and at the same time bringing her mind to a foggy crawl. In this heightened condition she moved with her brethren toward the circle, absently watching orcs, gnomes, blood elves and undead alike close in. Facing their palms to the barren ground in unison the rune ceased its pulsing and turned an angry red as each magus in turn focused their fel-energies on the underground river of raw, unharnessed magic. Each minute passed like eternity as the ley line was severed from its tentative grasp on the world and in turn chained into place by powers pulled from the void. Xavierre slowly turned her palms toward the thickly clouded sky knowing that those to her left and right would be doing the same, in fact the whole collective moved in unison.
Like the ghost of some long forgotten sea serpent, the coveted magic cord lifted from the earth, its mass made up of millions of streams of brilliant white light racing in the same direction. For a moment Xavierre paused to wonder where they all might be headed and what had set them in that motion in the first. A heart wrenching scream broke her from her reprieve as a warlock down further on the line lost his hold, the ley line had wasted no time and began to break free from the ones nearest the collapse. Like a creature frees from its iron chains, the magic lash and wreathed as if seeking vengeance for the sleep the intruders had disturbed. Cries arose on the opposite side of the rune as the beast landed its blows on several blood elves, their bodies boiled and burned and one unlucky soul was left as nothing but black dust. Without time to think Xavierre held her focus and even aided those closest to her by diverting magic to their spells. Seconds became hours as she watched in horror as the enraged ley line coiled and snapped headed toward the very spot where she stood. She barely had time to jump back out of the way before it came smashing into the mud where she had been. Unexpectedly everything went black and searing pain lit the world in bright sparks behind her eyes, her hands meet the cold ground just before the rest of her body followed in a sick thud.
Consciousness greeted her again only moments later, and though the darkness refused to clear she could hear sounds around her as well as the unmistakable feeling of being off the ground and in someone's grasp. Pain lanced outward from her face causing her to instinctively raise her hands to her head, stopped suddenly midway by the person holding her.
“It's alright Xav, try to keep yourself calm I know it hurts.” The gravelly voice was unmistakable and she realized why the being holding her was no warmer then the wet ground had been. Footsteps closed in around them and Xavierre tried again to clear her vision, with no successes, before the voices of her human peers reached her ears.
“Get her to Stormwind, now” Her late husband said, she could almost see the deadly look that used to accompany the tone of voice.
“The priests there can heal those wounds but I'm not sure what they can do for the damage” One of the novice warlocks piped in before going suddenly quiet, it almost sounded as if someone had silenced him. The undead shifted her in his arms, she felt him press his cold forehead to hers and in a deeply ingrained need to calm him she reached up and touched her fingers to the side of his face. Horror rushed over her, the clouded around her mind tore down in one swift motion when her palm relaxed against her face only to be suddenly very aware that something was missing. Her weakly tried to stop her from touching her face but she swept his hands aside and touched her fingers to her eyes, or where her eyes should have been.
She screamed.
A gut retching cry of terror and despair as she realized her world had gone dark forever. The ley line in its final death throes had struck her across the face and her very eyes had been burned out. (This is far too long already, so I'm cutting it off here)