Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: You've lost your... Head.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alrighty, so, since my last complete system restart (Just yesterday.), my WoW models have BUGGED out!

First, my WoW freezes when I try to open it once, and when I try it the second time, most of my models have large chunks missing in them at close range. Male humans have the tops of their heads missing, Arcane Guardians in Silvermoon have most of their bodies missing except for their crystals, and so on.

While it is possible to play still, I just find this a wee bit distracting/annoying. If there are any possible solutions that do not involve a total re-installation of WoW, I'm open to suggestions.

If I do have to, please give me the process of re-installation that will not take me multiple days to get through.
Esthrunil Wrote:First, my WoW freezes when I try to open it once, and when I try it the second time, most of my models have large chunks missing in them at close range. Male humans have the tops of their heads missing, Arcane Guardians in Silvermoon have most of their bodies missing except for their crystals, and so on.

Sounds like your CPU or you GPU can't render all of the particles in a mesh, and subsequently the textures.

Hit the windows key and R at the same time, it should bring up the run menu. Type in DxDiag and copypaste what comes up. I'll have a looksee on how your specifications are.

If you're running on a mac, i'm afraid i'm unable to help you.
Ah, my apologies for this, but it seems that the advice I got in game worked, and re-updating my drivers has gotten rid of this problem. Thank you for your help, though!
Told you. I had the exact same problem, 'cept it only took me about a week and a half more than it took you to fix.