Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Thread of Newbie Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(The title is a pun. Read it again if you didn't get it).
Anyways, this is a thread moved from the Changes to Heros and Grunts thread. It seemed to be more appropriate to discuss here. The topic is new-player roleplaying gear. Currently it is hard to find a diverse range of decent roleplay gear (that doesn't look like rags. Unless you want that, then you have a great selection!)
It has been pointed out that there are a few good pieces you can obtain in the 10-20 range through quests, but is this really enough diversity?
Also, it's rather hard to RP while you're farming levels and gold for gear, so ideas on how to make this easier?
This is just a suggestion forum. I've thrown out a few ideas on the Changes forum, but none of them seemed to catch on. So here is a thread to discuss these issues (?) in more detail.
I have no idea how it works, or the time and effort it takes for GMs to alter things in game, and to what extent, but currently from what I've seen, they can alter level requirements, as seen with the dungeon sets in Shatterspear, possibly the BOE greens that drop from mobs might get the same treatment, again, no idea how hard this is, or if it is possible for whatever, but thats my idea.
I know of some malls that you can add to the database that sells pretty much all the non-oped equipment in the game. I don't know if it'd be compatable with ArcEmu protocol, however. But I think that would be fun. Then again, it would conflict with the token system. Perhaps make it only sell blues and lower? Or greens and lower?
Then again, like I said, this might not even be possible with the build. But I know you can get NPC templates that already have their vendor lists defined with the gear.
I'd say Greens or lower, ICly, because simple tailored, leather worked, and smithed goods I'm sure are accessible to all most middle class people. I doubt my scrummy warrior Francis could buy a epic, magical set of elvish plate with his lifestyle, but a simple suit of iron plate would likely be within his reach, and citizens, could by robes, blouses, etc. Again, I doubt blues or epics should be vendored due to their higher quality, sometimes magical nature