Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An error message I've never seen before...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"This account is now attached to a Battle.net account. Please log in with your Battle.net account email address (example: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e -->) and password."

Yeah... WTF? Don't know how it happened, but I could venture some guesses... Either way, anyone know any way to fix this?

I'll be square with you know... Been battling the internet to get it back on for almost a week now... If I don't get my WoW fix soon, I'm liable to go totally freakin' crazy. PLEASE HELP ME!
If you're talking retail WoW, this happened to a buddy of mine.

First off, you're unfortunate enough to have your account compromised--in other words, you no longer have control of your account. You might not even be aware of this happening before it gets so bad you can't recover it. Unfortunately, battle.net is very insecure. Unscrupulous people will steal accounts, and the ones that aren't registered with battle.net mysteriously become registered and you can never log in again.

I'd email blizz about it, but I don't know if they can fix it. If they can't, well, you just have another reason to stay here.
That's the problem, as far as I know, my realmlist is still set here. I don't even have a live account anymore, I deactivated it months ago. All I come on is CotH. It's my CotH account that's been transformed or whatever into a battle.net one.
Whoa. I . . . didn't even know that was possible.

Guess you'll have to wait for an admin to look at it.
Yeah, I hope they check it out soon... If I lose my characters or something, depression's going to hit me hard... Sort'a.

*Sigh* On a scale from "one" to "give up on happiness", how screwed am I? :P
I'd toss out maybe a . . . seven or eight. You maaaay have to remake your characters, but the approved ones will be on the wiki and you can get 'em leveled again. Not like you'll never be able to play again or anything; can always get a new account if worst comes to worst.

. . . what I wonder is how battle.net got ahold of a private account. Are you /sure/ that your realmlist and info is totally correct?
Lemme check...

*Processing*

Damn it, I know it was right... Must have changed around when I DLed the patches. Let's see if changing it back will alleviate this problem...

*Working*

Alright! All fixed! I'm logged onto CotH! Thanks a lot, Moose. I owe ya one.
Heh, sure thing. Have fun in-game.