Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Misun's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I want to start by saying I'm not a big lore buff... I find reading all those walls of text more like a task, but I do want to learn more about the past lore of Warcraft.
I'm a college student (art, ahem) with what I hope is a creative mind. I enjoy playing in small, tight groups or being in the background in larger ones as I can be pretty shy. I can be annoying and silly at times, but I know when to stop and even when to apologise. Saying that when I have a strong opinion about something I can be very strong and stubborn with it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
The United Kingdom (a tiny island somewhere in the north sea that belongs to Scotland) and I speak English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had been playing Neverwinter Nights for a while and when I saw the advert for WoW for the first time I just couldn't stop drooling. My cousin got it before me so I HAD to make a character on his account and try it. I loved the atmosphere so I had to get it for myself too!

What made you seek our server over others?:
I play on retail and I was getting tired of seeing all the OOC in /s and /y. I'd played on private servers on the past, and even run into some RP on one of them. Forgetting the name of that server I googled wow private rp server and this one came up first. I browsed the forum and looked at the pictures and found myself liking what I saw

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'll start by saying I don't like tavern RP, or atleast never liked it on the retail server I play on.
What I like the best is exploring on my own, or with a friend or two, trying to find people to bump into and give them something to speak about before running away again. Exploring in general just to find something to say about, or find something to get the juices going. Sometimes doing something really strange just to see how they react (this is mostly met by people going ((WTF)) in /s which is a pet peeve of mine).
I've never had the opportunity to participate in or create a storyline, but that is something I would love to do.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
So many combination to pick from! I love gnomes attitudes but I don't think I would ever play one. The idea of a mighty warrior gnome just cracks me up.
Tauren are a race I feel I really relate to in terms of their attitude and way of life, which is why I will be playing one as my first character here (if I get accepted).
Hunters/Rangers have always been a favourite of mine because of their connection to animals and the wild. The idea of tracking some prey (whether it be beast or humanoid >:) ) for days through the wilderness seems like a very romantic notion for me.
I used to really love paladins, but when I started wading into the lore behind them I got really bogged down, and they got a bit too glorious for my likings.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To finally be able to take part in a storyline or two! To be able to say GODBYE to OOC in /s! And maybe make a friend or two along the way :)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Your page on how to avoid OOC drama! I found myself agreeing with everything on the page and being so pleased that someone finally agreed that it can be better to be humble than headstrong.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

There was a woman I loved.

I remember when I first saw her, in Mulgore. She was different and I knew that from the beginning. She had ideas of peace, but not that peace where you hold hands and sit around a campfire singing. Peace that no one would be fighting.
My brother saw her as weak. He let his feral side control him, and let it harras her. He constantly stalked her through shadows, jumped her, annoyed her, tried to get her to react.
She would not fight.

In a world torn by war, I knew her attitude would not last long, it would die with her.

She had to fight.

She was a shaman. She loved engineering, and showing of her gadgets every time we would meet. She was different from the other Tauren. She told me one day she wished to become stronger, to be able to heal those fighting. I saw a glimmer of hope for her there. She was passionate when she spoke of such things. But there was no one to train her.

I once visited her home, her workshop. She said she lived there with a friend. Next time I came to visit her with a gift. I did not go in. I saw what kind of friends they were, what their partnership meant. I fled.

Others asked me what I thought of her, I told them I wanted to be her friend, to make her happy. "Nothing more?" they would ask. I denied it.
Ofcourse I would deny it, I would never stand in anyone else's way. I did not want to get between her and her lover.

She came to me one day, sad, her eyes almost leaking. Her lover had left her, and her workshop abandoned. She had nowhere to live. I took her to a farm on the shoreline. We swam, watched the sunset.
She put her hand on mind, I should have taken it, I should have done something. I was scared, nervous, uncomfortable. I did nothing.
She backed off.

The next time she saw me she told me she was ready to fight. She would head off to Northrend to begin her training. Her mother and father would accompany her.
My heart swelled with pride and quickened with fear. She would not be safe, and I knew it. I helped her gather everything she needed, and offered her extra help.
She backed off.

The last time I saw her, her training was going well. I could see she was growing stronger, and more confident in her ways. Part of the fear in my heart left me. Her parents were strong and wise, they knew what they were doing.

When I knew she was next coming back to Thunder Bluff, I prepared a package. A picnic for her and me, alone, with the company of a single flower.
What I received was a letter from her father.

She had been killed.

Whilst training in Northrend, her mother and herself had been killed by the Vykrul.
Her father burried them where they had been born, in Thousand Needles. He took me to the grave. I left my package there, and the truth.

It was only then that I told her how I felt.

There was a woman I loved.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm a bit scared about how "hardcore" this server seems, I'm a pretty casual player. Also I read about phasing out? Do a lot of people do that? I like stumbling across things but it seem that won't happen if people are in a phase of their own.
And about character profiles. I hate exposing the innards of my character through an OOC sheet rather than people finding out about it IC as I feel it should be. But as it's needed I'll get the brain working... I just had to voice that.

Hope to see you soon :)
Welcome to the Conquest of the Horde!
A nice read.

However, this server is not that hardcore. Anyone who studies a bit of his/her own character's lore can just RP anytime.
Character profiles are a must if you ever wish to become a grunt, and it's great to have one because that means that your character makes sense. There is no such a thing as "Oh, I hate to show people OOCly about my character. Let them find out IC." If they used OOC information, it'd be metagaming. And to be honest, barely anyone reads the profiles. And yet then, the personality is always visible IC, the history itself shouldn't be too special. For example: "X lived in Elwynn. Her parents died. Now she is angry and seeks to kill who killed her parents. She is also very saddened because of it, even though it has been 10 years." That's a plain no. Just make cheerful characters for they are most fun to RP. Unreliable characters can be fun to RP, but you mustn't go into stereotype histories. Unreliable characters are just unreliable, nothing should have or must have happened in the past to make them unreliable.

Bah, welcome anyway xD
I don't want anything like that! I know what a Mary Sue is!

I will be writing one to the best of my abilities but if it's okay I'd love to hop in-game now and get the character going! I have a character idea and both of his parents are alive :p
-Alive-?! Eow! What's that supposed to mean?! You sick freak!
Not really.

Welcome!
It might be the fact I'm an over emotional girl [at this time of the month]... Ha. But your story made me cry. :']
I'd love to meet you in-game!