Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jenny's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
OOC: I'm a person who doesn't cares to much about the big world going on around her as long as it doesn't affects me drasticly. I'm also a very passive person in the way of violence and temper, and it takes a lot to rouse me to real anger but if it happens make sure you're out of my way ;). I'm a writer here in the real world, and it's the reason I enjoy RP as much as I do. A reason I grow tired of the retail game is that even the RP servers are getting more and more focused on PvE and that the RP there is limited by far to many rules and, sadly, people who laugh or swear at you for RPing. Seeing a private server that offered me the thing I always wanted (A place where I can RP and be myself) made my mouth water hehe. I hope to see you all soon in the world :)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Holland, where I've lived all my life (1992 - present). I always prefered English as a language over Dutch though, for the simple reason that I find it a lot easier to express myself in English so I consider it my primary language. Sidenote here, I'm a dislectic but I usually manage not to screw my spelling or grammar up to much.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played WC3 when I was about 13 years old, and became sort of severly addicted to it *blushes*. Anyway, my interest for WoW sparked when WoTLK came out (don't ask me why but never really felt like it before that hehe.) I played a PvE realm with some friends at first, found out that it wasn't what I wanted, and switched to and RP realm. There I found something that made the game enjoyable and fun again, and I've played RP ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
After growning tired of the limitations on RP in retail WoW a friend and me decided to look for something better. I ended up reading a couple of reviews on the topic of private RP servers, and most of them reviewed CotH as one of the best. Thus I ended up here, where I am hopefully welcome haha.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I actually enjoy almost all aspects of RP, though I do hate the over dramatic kind.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Pff tough choice here ... erm ... Well I've always like both the Elven races, mainly for the ranger(hunter) aspect they posses, as that's a thing that always managed to intruege me. I also like humans a lot as you can really RP yourself as one, simply because of the fact that no human is perfect, and everyone has it's (fatal) flaws. I also like the Tauren a lot, mainly because of thier views on the word. The same goes for the Orc's (shamanism). I also like the Forsaken for thier darker ways. As a favourite ... I think Humans/Blood elves/Night elves would share the 1st place in this matter hehe.
As to classes, Hunter always worked best for me :)

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good, solid RP that shows that everyone here is dedicated to it. I'd also die to see people just RPing with quality, and not the random gibberish that I run into on the retail game each day. I'm also willing to teach others to RP, and learning some more things myself wouldn't hurt.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The keep IC IC one. I've seen guilds and friends split up too many times over an IC argument and it is a real shame.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A cloud covered the moon, stealing what little light the night had left them. Genuivere felt the shiver crawling down her spine, never letting her gaze stray from the road leading towards Andorhal. The light of the small campfire was all that kept the darkness at bay.

"This quiet ..." she said in a hoarse voice to the man next to her.

"It almost makes you think we're not at the edge of the plaguelands." He said, grinning. "The smell reminds me off it though ... smells like I've got a rotting limb strapped to my nose!"
He laughed loudly. Gen made a face at him, it only made him laugh harder. She gritted her teeth and muttered a curse, then she heard a snapping branch ...
The laughing died away. A man stubled out of the darkness. A black tabard with a silver sun emblazoned upon it hung from his body in shreds, his helmless head showed clawmarks, and his left cheek seemed to have been torn off. He fell down.

"The light protect us." Her partner said in a hoarse voice, fainter then a whisper. Then he raised his voice, a wordless cry for help.

As the camp stirred to life around them, Gen only stared at the man sprawled at her feet. He twitched, grunted curses and muttered prayers. Then ... he stopped moving.

"By the light." commander Valorfist said, as he looked at the scene. "Get away from him girl." he said darkly, turning his attention from the dead man to Genuivere. She did as she was told but after a step her eyes fell back upon the dead man. She cried in dismay...

The dead man twitched, then he started crawling, a mailed hand clutched her leg as she tried to get away from it. She stumbled and fell. The sound of swords being drawn filled her ears. A thought sprang to her mind then, as a blinding pain shot up through her leg. So ... this is what dead sounds like ... Through the blur tears and pain made of her vision she could see the flashes as the swords rose and fell. She sighed heavily, for no reason, when it went black before her eyes.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Don't think so. The Wiki made most things clear ;)
Welcome to the server.