Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Zypto's Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Great Britain, though I speak "English" As opposed to "British English".

How did you get into Warcraft?: Well I have a Macbook and there are only so many cross-platform Multiplayer Online Role Playing games. World of Warcraft seemed like it would be the right choice... it was either that or Runescape :oops: . I tried out Runescape for a day or two and was disgusted at the lack of Role Play and the surplus of random ten year olds with incoherent grammar.

What made you seek our server over others?: It's not a "Wow! Level Two Hundred Fifty Fun Server! Instant Tier Nine! 50,000,000,000 DPS! Solo the Sun Well!". When you get to that extent it just gets... stupid. What I do like is that this server won't suck up your time like a Retail server would to level. Also, I wanted to check out some Role Playing private servers, because on Retail there seems to be a sort of common douchebaggery flowing through the air. :wink: .

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I'll just some this down to I like any sort of Long Term Role Play. The two things I can't stand are random ERP and Short term Role Play (i.e. any form of "House hold Role Play", "Expedition Role Play"). Now let's get this straight on the whole "Random ERP" thing. As far as what people call "ERP" goes, I don't mind it as long as this relationship is developed through true Role Play and is kept to yourselves... (Not necessarily the relationship part, but the ERP). Having a relationship with someone else in Role Play can open up a... great expanse of new role play for you and that certain person, not just the type of role play you're thinking. :wink: . What I hate is when random Goldshire whores come up to you asking for ERP... :oops: Yeah.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Tauren Hunter. Why Tauren? Horns, hooves, moo's, 'nuff said. Why Hunter? Well, on retail I have a few Tauren and all of them have ended up being Leathworkers. I decided to roll a Hunter one day because when you think "Hunter" it gives off a sort of "nomadic" feel, which I do like. Also, Hunters would probably be known to be Leatherworkers, saying they are always out on the fields and rolling plains.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A great Dev team, a community welcoming all who are applicable to it's role play, and quality role play on the actual server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I'll just put it as this... "There shalt be no eleven year old boys on Human Paladins running through Stormwind ruining role play with hardly coherent grammar even when they try to Role Play." I know that's not really a rule... but... I sort of got that that was implied.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(( Here's a little story I wrote a while back of an Orc Hunter who I was able to get started, enjoy! ))

The Attack

It happened at night. When the Centaur attack came it was both brutal and devastation. All of the adults were killed and the children carried off, to be used as slaves and cheap labor. The small orcish outpost was completely destroyed by the attackers and then burned. As they were carried off by the raiders the children were terrified, but the youngest, Grethin, especially so.

The Rescue

The Tauren guard was patrolling the border of Mulgore when a sound alerted them of trouble. The Centaur raiders were not as careful as they thought and walked almost right into the Tauren unit. The Taurens, while outnumbered were alert to the threat and prepared. Their initial assault was devastating. The Centaur surrendered and none of their captives were injured. Grethin and the other young orcs were taken to the nearby village so that they could be cared for.

The Taurens knew what came next, these young ones were now homeless and parent-less. Add to which, the Taurens were stretched thin fighting their own battles, it would be next to impossible to return the orcish youths to their own in any timely manner. Homes were found for them and the Taurens did the best they could to care for their young charges.

Growing Up Tauren

Grethin's foster parents belonged to the local band of hunters and medicine folk. He grew up with the lore of the peaceful Tauren and learned the ways of the Earth Mother. As he grew he began to go along on the hunts that his band engaged in. One day he spotted a wolf cub that had been mauled, possibly by one of the big cats that inhabited the plains of Mulgore. After some argument he was able to talk the hunters out of "putting the cub out of its misery" and rescued it. When he returned home he set about nursing it back to health.

Months passed, Fang, as Grethin had named his pet, was in full health and nearly fully grown. Now Fang went on hunts as well and Grethin noted that he was quite skilled in the ways of hunting. Grethin began to carry a bow and a new hunting team was born in the Tauren band.

Grethins Return

As the years went by, Grethin began to yearn for the company of her own people. One day he raised the possibility with his foster parents. It was a very sad time but not one unexpected. A growing orc should be among his own people.

So, in that way, Grethin set off with Fang to return to his own race, to make his way in orcish culture and to meet his own destiny. Grethin never forgot the lessons of the Tauren and he hoped one day to spread just a little of the Tauren culture to the other races of the Horde.

A new day dawns, the world awaits.

((THE END))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Touché, Touché
Welcome to the server!