Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: You can call me 'Khlaw - Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have to admit, it is taking me a while to decide what I should write here.
I have roleplayed for about eight or nine years now, starting out in those awful AOL chatrooms with nothing more than the :enters:, and going from all the different stages a roleplayer can hit--short and simple, long and detailed, and even the (oh, lord) thesaurus-bumping phase. Since then I've touched on a few MUD's and MUCK's, as well as text-based "games" with a graphical interface that support a large roleplaying community, and of course the beloved dungeons and dragons.
As far as MMO's go, I have played them less than I have roleplayed, perhaps four or five years of online MMORPG's under my belt (and a few platform/pc RPG's). I'm afraid my experience in them is limited to free-to-play games and private servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the USA, and English is my main language. I've tried to learn others, but I find I'm... sub-par, I suppose.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
After leaving my last game, sorely disappointed by the lack of end game (or just overall!) content, I decided to give the well-known "World of Warcraft" a try. I downloaded the trial, played a few races, and decided I wanted a bigger taste, but without the cost. After many disappointing instant-80 private servers, I spent about a week or two on a brand-new private server. I loved the game, but was disappointed in the amount of bugs, issues, and the favoritism shown by the game masters who ran it.

What made you seek our server over others?:
This is basically a continuation of what I wrote above, to keep it from being unnecessarily drawn out. After the disappointment in that "new" private server, I returned to browsing the top-100 lists, desperately seeking one that wasn't instant-80, or vote-for-80, so on and so forth. I ended up finding this one when the word "roleplay" caught my eye under the description. So, why not give it a try?
Oddly enough, I was suspecting to just come in, make an account, log in and probably find a bunch of horde clustered 'round a poor night elf, roleplaying in a fashion such as "/me resses you." "/me kills you." "/me laughs me next!"
I read the home page and found out about this introduction assessment, and was surprised. Well, hey, if they're interviewing people before letting them in, maybe I've found a new haven of roleplay, where all others seem to have died out.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Me? Anything. And I mean anything. No, I lied: it needs to have some measure of interest. Yes, tavern relaxing can be fun, but not when everyone is ignoring each other, drinking or ordering drinks... slinking in and out, trying to look like a sly lone-wolf and overplay the "loneliness" factor. No, that's awful.
Throw anything at me, I'll love it as long as it's not so painfully (and not even trying to be for the sake of humor) cliche.
Though I will admit, I adore "adventuring" roleplay, which probably stems from my D&D history.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Oh, Draenei, of course! My reason will probably have people teasing and making fun of me: I adore, love, swoon over, so on and so forth, dragons. In my eyes, Draenei are the closest thing that Warcraft offers, from the different styles of swooping, curved horns, the glowing eyes, the slender tails, and the animalistic curve to their legs (yea, I know, hooves).
Class? It's a close race, but it has to be hunter, since Draeneis do not have the druid option. A hunter just wraps together my favorite things into a neat package (though they do lack the druid's shape shift): melee and range weapons, traps, and a fighting pet.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping for quality roleplay--and by quality I mean players who know when short is appropriate over long, drawn out description, and hopefully none of the killer thesaurus-bumpers (/me 's opaque oculars osscilate hellward, spiral lush salty tear-juice... blah! No thanks). I don't expect print-ready prose, because I too make frequent grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes, but something more than the dribble you see on most mmo's (ur nrd u no).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Appeals to me the most? I don't really have a favorite of the rules or regulations, though the strict guidelines against god-moders is a breath of fresh air for any roleplayer, and the requirements to even make a game account fight against that as well as... well, I can't think of a word for it. Fights against incompetent morons who come in just for the joy of destroying roleplay?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"My idea of freedom?" The short Draenei sighed as she followed the impatient flicker of the human's eyes as they moved from her towards the clouds as they drifted over the horizon, "Why do you always look up there when you mention freedom? Why must it always be flight or space you seek?"
"Harumph! 'n why must you be so full'o questions all th'time? Kin't you jus' answer 'em straight?" The man grouched as he haughtily crossed his armored arms over his broad chest--and let them rest on his even broader beer gut.
She smiled, and reached back to tuck a bit of stray hair behind the wave-like curve of her horn, "I guess I'm a little philosophical this morning, I apologize. My idea of freedom..."
Both stood there in complete silence, save for the periodic clink of armor plate or chain as one of them shifted, until finally the Draenei cleared her throat and spoke, "To swim the depths of the oceans and never have to come up for air. That's my idea of freedom, Braun... ultimate freedom. Under the water you can hover without having to flap wings or spout magic, and if you never had to come up for air... when you have no restrictions, you are truly free. Like dragons, they have no restrictions--"
She was cut off by Braun, the human, as he flailed his armors with an awful clatter of steel and turned to storm off, "Always drag'ns with ya girl, always! Never a bloody break... go 'n git eaten by one o' 'em!"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Yea, I just thought of it--some people will probably read the years I have written out at the top and think I'm some old fart. I'm not, I'm only twenty years old.
Also, don't let the name in the title fool you. The fill "nickname" is AuKhlaw, which is brimming with my own meaning I instilled into it, and though it seems masculine, I'm actually a female. And I always roleplay females (I found if I try to roleplay a man, I end up making him into a total... I can't think of any nice words to put here).
It might be a little late, but I feel bad that this intro didn't get welcomed.

So a belated welcome to you!