Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Elbowhead's intro.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

First and foremost, I can recognise that I'm little more than mediocre, intellectually speaking. I'm comfortable accepting this, as well as admitting that I pick things up slowly. That said; When I do get into something, I tend to throw my whole energy into it. A few of my friends find this annoying but I see it more as a positive. I also find my outlook generally shifts from pointlessly optimistic to pessimistic fatalism on a weekly basis. I think I have an excellent (and very hyperactive) imagination and I actively detest boring clichés.

Though I am a sucker for a good TV Trope.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

England, English. Be warned however, West Midlands dialect tends to do far more TO the English language than for it.

Also, my writing skills are rather longwinded and 'purple prosy'. Guess that comes from all the Victorian fiction I keep reading.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A childhood friend lent me his copy of Warcraft III and I just fell in love with the setting and the storyline. However, I was apprehensive about WoW and have only recently (3-4 months) devoted any significant length of time to it.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Chiefly, I was dissatisfied with Blizzards service, treatment and the general state of the official RP servers. I managed to find a very good Horde RP Guild (Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and but one blood elf who was, in all fairness, very good). I generally had a good feeling about this server as soon as I stumbled across it, but I haven't really found anything to compare it to.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy RP, period really. Though i'm not really at my best in large groups (6+).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

It's close.

Trolls win my favour chiefly because I like the rich background they have, as well as the new 'social revolution' thing the Darkspear tribe are going through. Generally the possibilities, lore and general character of the Trolls are really attractive to me.

The Forsaken are a close second, though I can't really pin the exact cause.

I don't really have a favourite class because I believe that classes, like most gameplay elements, shouldn't really influence the RP. I can see why people would try to get the closest match possible, though.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Generally a mature, reasonable (though till fun and relaxed) place to RolePlay in the Warcraft Universe.
Getting away from the “lol RP” crowd for a day would be more than sufficient for me, though.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

This introductory system strikes me as a very good idea. Good way of both getting to know and monitoring any recent arrivals.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A cool, dry wind picked up across the yellowed grass stalks of the steppe, offering a burst of life and movement to the featureless grasslands. Off to the east, the rugged highlands rose against the backdrop of the Kurin mountains. Dark green strips on the horizon to the north and west marked the edges of the Great Forests.

Crouched almost motionless amongst the foot high stalks, a figure looked across the shallow downward slopes, overlooking the Valley. His Valley, the Great Bowl of Life.

Ti'orvaan Watched.

First the snows had come, then these... Invaders.

He remains stock still, piercing green eyes watching the banners and tents of the foreign encampment. They had no respect for this land. For HIS land. Raping the forest, fouling the lakes and damming the streams, to construct the gigantic wooden monstrosity, the Wall.

How dare they wall him and his out of their birth-land? Their home for generations!

He had tried to settle this with words. The time for talking was over.

By the Nuyrd he swore, his children would be born free.

He rose, Hatchet in one hand, sword in the other, threw back his dark maned head and gave a bellowing roar, it echoed across and through the valley. A flock of crows took flight at his divine and powerful declaration, casting dramatic, fleeting shadows across across the steppe.

At the lake-shore, activity ceased. Fair skinned eyes looked up the embankment, for a few terrible seconds, silence and uncertainty hung over the air.

The stunned silence turned to panic when scores of warriors, gathered from all the plains tribes, friends and foes, all united in this great and noble cause, rose from the long grass. Roaring, rage driven cries followed the thunderous charge of the Plainsmen. The Invaders hastily scrambled to their arms and parapets, terror warping their pale features.

With the wind at his back and fire in his lungs, the first Great Chieftain Ti'orvaan led his people to glory, freedom, and the era of the Great Clan.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Just so you know, my system specs are minimal until I've put up enough for a new computer.

And that's about it from me, really.
Welcome in, Lad!
I'm sure you'll win.