Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dustywayx's "Introduction"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I guess the first thing I could say about myself (as a player) Is that I absolutely love this game. I've been playing for roughly 3 years, with a rogue as my main, until Wrath of the Lich King that is, at which point I made a Death Knight. I've probably spent more time Roleplaying on my home server of Earthen Ring than anything. I've recently taken a liking to the "Ways of the light." My level 70 paladin, Alahondor, has been something of a Roleplay main to me since around level 40. - Now onto my other ventures into the gaming world. I play a Death Knight, Arithromar, who has fought countless plague-ridden and grouchy servants of the Lich King, in order to gain the ever important "Purplez." I hit 80 in January, but just recently (about a week ago) achieved a proper dps to raid properly. But! Enough about that. RP is where it's at. I've Rped on most characters I've had. Uhm, thats pretty much me as a player, but if you have questions, don't hesitate (I'm sure you won't) to ask!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I came from America, Virginia to be exact. I've spoken English my entire life, with attempting to learn Spanish as a second language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft when a friend turned me on to this cool game that I always heard him say as: Word a' warmaps. I knew it was called World of Warcraft, of course, but I humored him. I started on his account, and within three months, had my own. I first played Warcraft: 3 after a friend of mine presumably bought three copies from Walmart, and gave me one. I've been in love with the lore ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was actually turned on to this server by a friend. He was telling me about the server in Retail and I thought, "I just have to see this." I read up a bit, as well as listening to him, and it just seems more and more appealing. Edit: Tarne is the one who told me about this server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
First of all, I cannot stand combat-based RP's. Perhaps this is because of bad roleplayers? Anyway, I love Rp events, like the taking back of Gnomeregan that I've been told about. I like small, group-based RP's over huge events.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Humans, hands down. The lore behind the other races is just, magnificent, but not for me. I love Paladins because I have so much experience Roleplaying as a follower of the light. It's fun, and its just something that I got into very easily.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect good roleplayers, and great RP quality. I would love great RP environments.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The limitations on language. I think its great to see a server that respects their younger players.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Alahondor awoke from his midnight slumber, only to find his hammer in his hand, and his helmet at his side. He sighed with disappointment, and got up. He hated consistency. For once, could a sword be there? Or maybe just a hat? As he stood up, using his hammer for support, he realized that he had just been awoken. He thought for a moment, placed his helmet on his grey-haired head and said a short prayer. All was better now. He had the strength of a man half his age, and the alertness of an elf, but only for a time. The fact that he had been woken means that there was something there that posed a threat, for he had only slept a few hours, and had been up long enough to see three suns. He looked around, but he did not see anything. He placed his hands on the ground, and mumbled another prayer, that was expected of him. The ground below him glowed with a bright light, and seemed to actually crack the ground. He nodded, and grasped his hammer firmly. He swung it around in a huge arc, hitting a rogue thief that had tried for his coinpurse. Alahondor looked down, only to see an arrow in his neck. He looked up, to see his best friend, Aprilin with a bow in his hand. "Now what was that for?!" Screamed the Paladin, as he walked over to the assassin and slammed his mace into the tree that he was perched in. The rogue nimbly jumped to the ground, as any rogue could do. The two began to bicker back and forth, but atlast, they had met.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have nothing to add, or ask! Thank you for your time!
Hey buddy, looks great, the combat you'll grow used to on this server, it is a Dungeon Master rolling style, in MOST cases, you'll learn to love it.
I'd also like to point out I reccomended it to him, I tell my very close friends about it, since RP has gone terrible and almost vanished on our server.