Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sarkhan's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Good day, Conquest of the Horde. My name is Jonathan, I'm 17 years of age. I'm a big fan of the Warcraft universe as whole, and been playing WoW since 2005. I've been a roleplayer since 2001, started out with Pen and paper and Live action roleplay. Now, i'm being a Dungeon master for 3 different pen and papers (D&D, a One piece pen and paper, and a World of Darkness, Vampire:The Reqium universe.) And I must say it takes alot of my free time, but its entertaining atleast. I go to school aswell, so my spare time is limited, but I'd like to use the limited time here.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Uh..Sweden/Denmark. My mother is from Denmark, father from Sweden, therefor I'm from both, but I grew up in Sweden.

How did you get into Warcraft?: It happened when I with a friend, at a lan party 2003, was bored. He started up Warcraft 2 and asked me to come look, when he was doing a campaign mission. I quickly got hooked up and attached and bought Warcraft 1 and 2, and soon 3 when it came out. Warcraft after that, became something I got quite interesting in, and when WoW came out, I couldn't resist but buying it. I spent a-lot of my time, and wasted a-lot of my life, on Raiding and PvP'ing like a mad-man.

What made you seek our server over others?:
A friend recommended this server to be of good quality roleplay, so I guess thats why I'm trying this, and not others.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Action, Danger, roleplaying in pairs or a adventure group.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood-elf Paladin. Awesome-ness, nothing else to say. I've been a human paladin from 2005, and at 2008 the time came for a change. I started up a Blood-elf Mage, to try the elf race, and I love the elf race. Then I decided to make a BLood elf Paladin, and loved them ever since that.

What are your expectations of this server?: I expect what I was told. A server of good quality roleplay, and of strict-chat rules, so I dont have to read about random stuff all the time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. Can't say how many times its been pissing me off when you get insulted for no-reason-at-all on Retail-WoW.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I'll post a One-Piece Fanfiction that I'm writing. If anyone would like more, feel free to contact me.)
“Nami, this isn't a good idea... somebody's gonna catch and then Gen'll yell at us. 'Specially me, cause he told me to keep you out of trouble...” Nojiko rambled on, voice lowered to a whisper. “And Bellemere will be mad that we sneaked out of the house.”
Nami, six years old, with the world ahead of her, secured the rope around her ankles, gave it one last tug, just to be sure, and handed the other end to Nojiko. “You owe me. Anyway, we'll be fine; everybody is at home asleep by now, see?” She pointed up at the crescent moon, already almost half-way through its journey across the night sky. She crawled over the skylight and carefully removed the pane of glass that she'd worked loose over the course of nearly two weeks. “Besides, I have to have this book. They say it's a must-have for any mapmaker or navigator! And it comes with a pen set!”
Nojiko practically leapt across the roof to stifle her younger sister's voice as it grew louder and louder with excitement. “Someone's going to hear you!” She slowly removed her hands from Nami's mouth, throwing several agonized glances over her shoulder, absolutely certain that someone would hear them. The blue-haired girl shuddered at the thought of the local jail. It had stood useless and abandoned for as long as anyone could remember, but rumours about it still ran strong, and Genzo had threatened to lock Nami in it overnight if he caught her stealing again.
Which was why they were both crouched on the roof of the book store, and why Nojiko was preparing to lower Nami into the store, through the skylight no less, to retrieve The Book. Nojiko cursed her own naivety. What had ever lead her to believe that Nami was capable of doing her a favour (one little favour!) without expecting retribution?
“Nojiko!”
The harsh whisper snapped Nojiko out of her dazed state. But it didn't help with her trepidations. “I can't do this, I can't help you steal! I can't spend the night in jail!” Nami's older sister had always been a tough cookie, the first to punch the rude boys who said anything negative about Bellemere tangerines, the first to pick a fight, the first to finish off her opponent, but the threat of a night in that horrible jail, with all those awful ghosts missing various body-parts, had reduced her to a small pile of quivering blue jelly.
“Nojiko, if you back out on me, I'll tell Bellemere that you let that dirty Brenner kiss you.” Nami threatened. Nojiko winced, trapped. She wasn't scared for herself. She was scared for the apparent love of her life. She could imagine Bellemere's reaction. “You dirty little brat! First you insult my tangerines and then you try to take away Nojiko's innocence! Take this, cretin!”
The girl sighed heavily and hung her head. “Fine...” She murmured faintly, the thought of headless ghosts still swirling through her mind. Nojiko gripped the end of the rope, and slowly lowered her sister head-first into the dark interior of the book store.
And face to face with a furious Genzo.
“PULLMEUPPULLMEUPPULLMEUP!” Nami shrieked, wiggling about like a fish caught on a line. But too late. Genzo clipped the rope, her last chance of escape, with his big, scary sword, and caught the orange-haired girl as she dropped towards the ground. Nojiko, watching through the skylight, back away, slowly and quietly towards the tree they'd climbed up, praying that Genzo had not seen her, please, please, plea- “Nojiko!”
She cringed. A whole night in jail with headless ghosts, waiting to devour her innocent and pure soul! No, no, no! She couldn't take it! She leaped to her feet, and ran for the tree, slid down it, and ran around the corner of the store, fully intending to run home, hide in bed, and deny everything. And ran smack into Genzo's legs. The very displeased-looking man glowered at her, and grabbed the back of her overalls to hoist her into a position similar to the already-captured Nami's.
“I am so disappointed in you two.” He scolded, heading for the path that would take him to the home of the ex-marine and her two daughters. “Especially you, Nojiko! Didn't I tell you to keep Nami out of trouble? Didn't I? I knew the minute Cheery told me about that book that you'd try to steal it! What were you thinking, Nami? Stealing is never the answer!”
Nojiko shot her sister a look that clearly stated 'I told you so.' Nami rolled her eyes, and with a devious grin, drew two fingers across her throat. The Signal.
Both girls abruptly gloomed onto either side of Genzo's head, and despite his protests and attempts to pry them loose, traced small fingers down either side of his face, before smacking both there hands into his cheeks, him dropping them, they made a run for it.
Nami rolled over and shoved the blankets off her, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. The navigator glanced over at Robin's sleeping form, an open book resting on her chest. She sighed and draped a light blanket over the older woman's shoulders. Honestly, it was no wonder she drank so much coffee... Nami grabbed a long shirt off the bedpost and pulled it over her head, before heading out to the deck and the tangerine trees.
A faint wind stirred the leaves, causing them to rustle and to her tired brain, for just a single moment, it seemed like Bellemere's voice, whispering to her. The young woman dropped into a sitting position at the base of the largest tree, and she pressed her cheek against the smooth bark.
“I haven't told you about our new nakama yet, Bellemere.” She murmured. “Her name is Robin, and she's an archaeologist. What was it you called people like us? 'Seekers of Knowledge,' I think.” A slender forefinger traced the outline of a knothole that marred the smooth wood. “She really is a Seeker of Knowledge. Knowledge that's been lost for hundreds of years, that the World Government tried to hide from us. I never really thought about it before, but she told me that history is a treasure even greater than gold, and that it belongs to everyone. I never thought about it, but I think she's right. We should know what happened during the Void Century. After all,” she smiled. “we're pirates. Since when do we do what the World Government says? And this would almost be the Ultimate Rebellion...”
Sanji stood at the base of the stair that lead to the upper deck, listening to his darling Nami-swan talk to her dead mother. Should he go and...talk to her? He chewed nervously at the end of his cigarette, and eventually decided against it. It didn't feel right to intrude on something as private as this, and any-ways, she didn't sound sad or upset, just thoughtful. The blond chef turned and headed back to the kitchen to search his recipe book for something Nojiko had given him before the Straw-Hat crew had left Cocoyashi village...
“...I know I've told you this before, Bellemere, but I'm so happy here. I love Cocoyashi with my whole heart, and Nojiko and Genzo too, but I don't think I would have been happy staying there for the rest of my life. I need adventure, and I wanted to make maps with.. with soul. Maps that reflect stuff I've experienced...” Nami smiled up at the moon, hanging in the sky like some great fang, and her voice was suddenly a whisper. “Can you hear me, Bellemere? Can you see me? See them? I hope so. You would have loved them, even if you yelled at them like I do. You'd yell at Usopp for telling such whopping fibs, and at Zoro for sleeping so much, and Luffy for eating all our supplies, and Sanji for being a pervert. I can see it, actually. You wouldn't yell at Robin, she'd never give you a reason to, and you'd probably squeeze Chopper to death. You were always the toughest woman in town, but you were a sucker for cute fuzzy animals.” She reached up to trace the tattoo on her arm. “I remember when Nojiko and I found that squirrel with the broken leg.”
“You took care of it until it was better? Just what I would expect from my Nami-swan!” The words weren't proclaimed as loudly as was customary for him, but they made the navigator jump any-ways.
“Sanji?”
“Yes?” The cook smiled brightly at her as he placed the plate of oven-warm cookies between them and seated himself on the other side, marveling at how cute Nami was when she blushed.
“Um...” She seemed oddly quiet, and Sanji hoped he hadn't made the wrong decision by coming up here. “Did you hear all that?”
Oh, so that's what she was worried about. The chef smiled at her reassuringly. “Yes. But I won't tell the others.” His hand delved into his pocket and he pulled out a cigarette and his lighter, before giving her a sideways glance, his face illuminated by the small flame. “Nami? Did you tell her about all of us?”
She nodded and leaned back against the tree, glancing at the cookies, still faintly steaming. Nami reached out and selected the one that looked the chocolate-chipiest, and took a small bite. Melted chocolate and sweet vanilla combined perfectly, and she closed her eyes, frowning slightly.
Sanji frowned as well, his bit more serious. “Is there something wrong with them? I thought I taught those three their lesson the last time they switched the sugar and salt...”
Nami shook her head, brow still furrowed. “No... They just taste like... What?” She demanded, raising an eyebrow at the cook, who was positively beaming at her. His smile toned down slightly, and he sat back, releasing a puff of smoke before answering.
“They taste like the ones Bellemere used to make?” He had to strain to stop himself from going into Mellorine mode at the adorable look of confusion on her face. “Your sister gave me the recipe before we left.”
“Ah. Nojiko.”
Much to his shock and utter joy, she moved the plate to sit next to him. Right next to him! And then: “Thank you, Sanji.”He came this close to melting into a little lovesick puddle right there. Nami grinned at the look of pure bliss on his face. “I'll kick you over the side if you start acting all stupid and ruin the moment though.” She told him, before resting her head on his shoulder.
He beamed down at her.
“I wouldn't dream of it, Nami-swan.”
Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not at all, thanks for reading my introduction. :]
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Great introduction. Don't forget to /join chat.