Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: P3R50N's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have been playing AD&D 2nd Ed. for about 6 years or so, i enjoy acting out the darker side of humanity and believe that it is something that we all share in common. Most of my character concepts revolve around the concept of death or necromancy. It is something i find enjoyable and it really helps to relieve stress and anxiety from the everyday world. I have also recently applied at a local haunted house theme park as a extra / random monster, hope that works out!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I hail from the United States and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I started playing wow sometime towards my high school graduation when the D&D scene started dieing down. It became harder to get a group together as people grew up, so i headed back to online gaming.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Honestly it was random chance, though i have been looking for a good server period; to actually find one with promise AND it be a role playing community was just bliss.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy role-playing that involves story and depth, something that really opens the mind up to a new form of reality and really sets it self apart from the rest. An epic tale is good no matter what format its in, but to actually be able to work inside that tale and bend it to your reality is possibly the best.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

In traditional RP it has always been the fighter/thief combination. But for some reason i was never very fond of the rouge class in wow. I just didn't get the same feeling as i did with my old assassin. But my traditional roles in the gaming community have always been that of team work. i.e Tank, Healer etc.

As for race though, Undead for the win! As i stated before, death, has always been a form or representation of what i believe myself to be a part of.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To find a group of like minded individuals who enjoy the same things i do, if everyone is a role-player here, than there shouldn't be much of an issue. :P

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is the opening scene of my 2nd Ed. Game.

Quote:"Romace of the Necronomicon by Ryan Smith" (Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition used with modest tweaks to gameplay including insanity roll.)

Act One - The Awakening (see table 1a for basic layout).

Prologue: The Present is the Past !

You are abruptly awoken by an eerily vivid dream. The image as a whole is a bit sketchy, but one thing did stand out.

A face. At first it appeared to be that of a young man quickly becoming contorted, with patches of something old and Grey shifting in and out, while retaining an almost fresh and everlasting life force. Something or someone is calling to you, a voice.. no ! A power greater than the breathe of life it self summons you, watching and speaking. But the words are formless and in no audible tounge. Before you lies an old and Grey moss covered thing that sits upon a dilapidated hill. the path that leads to the door is narrow and winding. The plant like things that line it cut into flesh aware and unprovoked. You are guided to the top by some unseen force. Soft but swift and from your view a willing subject. A door begins to open, but no light shines from within. Then as quickly as you seem to be gaining knowledge the image fades and the sounds of pain and agony surround you.

Rain beats harmoniously on the ground around you. The screams of the dead & dying have awoken you from an almost infinite sleep. The vision like dream has kept you restless and turning all night. You feel fatigued and slow as you rise to your feet. Your blade is somewhat heavy in your hand as you hold it, wondering if you had made a mistake somewhere. You know not how or why but simply that you are and suddenly everything seems to come back to speed and you are aware of your true surroundings as what seems to be a breath of vitality that rushes into you like a fresh breath of air. However, the caravan you were in has fallen under attack and many of the horse-drawn wagons have been set ablaze. Some of the horses that are still alive, struggle to break free and escape there demise. Many people lay dead before you. Crudely made arrows and throwing axes surround you & your comrade(s). They lay in the those not forturnate enough to make it till dawn. The smell is overwhelming as you attempt to move forward. Gaining ground, you begin to get a baring on your surroundings just as one of the very assailants who are responsible for this crime see's that you are not dead and charges you where you stand !

Prepare for Battle.

2-7 (1d6 +1) Goblins and 4-8 (1d8) Guards are present. Non combatants include Octavius and his royal guard (1d4) plus remaining civilians (1d20).
The Players are blocked off from view of other guards and extra goblins attack players when not attacking guards, to prevent players from advancing past storyline.

See Map.
/shoo [colours]

No, Really. You shouldn't use those evil creations of satan.

Otherwise, Welcome to the server!
Colours can be used on intros, heh. Aslong as they're not bright neon colours that blind us.

But that aside, yes, welcome aboard!
sorry about the colors ^_^

i figured that everyone pretty much knew what the questions are.

and thanks!