Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sepheris' Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Greetings everyone. My name is Steven, I'm 20 years old and have been playing World of Warcraft for a few years now (on and off). My first time roleplaying was a few years back when I tried several of the Tunnel & Trolls solo adventures (it sucks living on a small island), I later joined a RP group that played in IRC, it was called RIVALRY and was created by the GM, I'm still a member but it's currently going through some changes to adapt to a new campaign. While that is on the back burner my attention has turned to WoW to fill that roleplaying gap (the solo stuff just doesn't really cut it now).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from the United Kingdom, specifically the Isle of Man. It's a tiny island in the middle of the Irish Sea. Since I'm from the UK I'm sure you can guess my primary (and only) language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Hmm, a little hard to say really. I actually started with the MMO version after another I was playing just stopped working. So I played WoW for a few years, I actually went back and have played through Warcraft 3 after wishing to learn the story of the world, unfortunately I've been unable to get a copy of Warcraft 1 and 2 so instead I've been reading a lot of the lore from the warcraft wiki and Blizzard's encyclopedia.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I'll be honest here, I did a google search for World of Warcraft Private Server RP and this was the first result. While I could have gone looking at others to compare, I instead browsed the wiki and looked through the site and I liked what I see the approval process (mainly as I can see it getting rid of those that don't wish to RP)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Hmm, Adventure mostly, I haven't really played much that could be classed as anything else.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Human Paladin, and I've never given the why much thought. I probably prefer humans as I can relate to them the easiest. As for Paladin, I enjoy the idea of being a holy protector, looking out for those closest to him.

What are your expectations of this server?:

A fantastic role playing experience. The traditional WoW RP servers can be filled with those that seem bent on ruining the experience, while I am unsure if this is a problem here, the approval process seems like it would be a deterrent.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Probably the respect and tolerance of others, something that can be lacking in the official RP servers at times.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(Okay, this story is incomplete, and about a year old now, but I've touched it up and thought it would be okay for this [also this is a snippet as the whole thing is currently 15 pages long])

Five years have passed since Rytir had lost everything. This time had been well spent; his home had been rebuilt and stocked with everything he needed. He had studied the scroll and scoured the maps he found in the basement along with many new ones he had purchased, doing this he had discovered thirteen possible locations across the world. He had also studied many of the old history books, learning what life was like in the rest of the world, and thought he had a general grasp of it now. The monsters within the forest had begun to get more aggressive, and during his time as a guard he had been posted on night watch, the most dangerous of all the periods. While fighting off many of the monsters, he had learned many things, including bow skills and footwork with a sword, from many of the other guardsmen.

Rytir had just paid his last respect to his family, and was heading back to the village from the graveyard. Today was the day he decided he was ready to leave the village. He had spent the whole previous day packing a bag with supplies, such as food and cooking utensils, a blanket to sleep with, a small hatchet to aid in getting wood and a tinderbox to name a few. He had already talked with Nogusta a week ago explaining that he would be leaving the village soon, and that he would be leaving in the early morning while everyone sleeps. He had asked him to take care of his family's graves and his home, and thanked him for all his help.

Passing by his house, his bag was leaning against the door where he had left it. Hauling it to his shoulder, he adjusted his sword on his belt so he could grab it easily, in addition to this he moved his quiver out of the way of the bag, without obstructing his reach to the arrows, while his bow was resting on his right shoulder.

With everything in hand he made for the tree line, pausing briefly to watch the village one last time, before disappearing into the trees. He approached the guard watch in this part of the forest, entering the small clearing, the guard looked up. Rytir recognised him as Senza Lovec, “morning Senza,”

“G'mornin Rytir. What brings you out here? As I recall you were on the night shifts, and its still too early for the switch over anyway,” Rytir hadn't told anyone else that he was leaving the village, he was hoping to avoid anyone this morning, but figured it would be better to approach the watch as opposed to being heard and received an arrow in the back.

“No, I haven't come to change over with you. I'm just running down to the village to collect something for myself, I shouldn't be too late back so don't worry,” he wasn't a fan of goodbyes, it was awkward enough with Nogusta and he wished to avoid anymore if at all possible.

“Alright then, if you're not back before the change over, I'll alert the next guard that you will be heading back, although you'll have to yell or something to let us know it's you,” Rytir nodded and made to leave, “oh, one more thing, but I'm sure you already know, be careful, the monsters are really becoming dangerous,”

Nodding once more, Rytir left through the trees and headed towards the town, making his way towards the path the carts travel along.

He had never ventured too far from the village before, so this was all a first. Not many people in the village walked through the forest by any other means than the trail. He had been walking for around six hours now and still couldn't see any signs of a footpath. Getting hungry, Rytir decided to rest in a clearing and get something to eat now then regain his bearings.

While collecting some wood for a fire, Rytir overheard a couple of men talking amongst themselves. Following their voices he found two grown men in a clearing, he noticed that neither of them where the best people to look at. One of them had dirty blond hair and was missing his left ear. The other was a short fat guy that seemed to be wearing a cheaply made wig to cover up his baldness; he also seemed to have a jagged scar across his right eye, which he seemed to keep constantly closed. The two of them appeared to be talking to another person whom he couldn't see as a tree blocked his view, but the way they were talking to the third person, he assumed that they were planning on killing them.

Circling around the open area to get a better view, Rytir could see the two had captured a woman. She was stunning; she had long flowing hair, deep brown in colour, her eyes were crystal blue. A lot of her clothes had been ripped, presumably by these two men. From the fact that they both still had their pants on, he assumed they were looking for something. Suddenly, the tall blond guy grabbed her left arm and held it on the ground while the short fat one grabbed a hold of his axe and prepared to swing, meanwhile Rytir took aim with his bow.

(I realise it kinda just ends there, but if I continued on it would start to get a bit too big)
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
Great introduction, enjoy your time playing here. And don't forget to /join chat.