Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ahzrukhal Maltyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been a DnD player for about 5 years now and WoW for 3. I enjoy horror. Anything that allows people to be stripped down to the bare, exposing who they really are as a person intrigues me. However, I enjoy the complexities on top of the internal drive. I guess I see myself as a player like a delicious cake. An exterior full of decoration and complexities of design, but the interior is simple and strightforward, but all the while enjoyable. Also, delicious.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in Port Hope, Ontario, Canada and English is my native tounge. I can read French all right, but I can't conduct conversations in it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of mine who I was trying to get a DnD campaign started with got frustrated with the lack of players around our area, so he went looking for good online games. One of which he was quite entertained by was World of Warcraft. He was more into the PvP aspect of it, but when he introduced me to it I went straight for the roleplay. I loved it because tehre were a wide variety of people, even though it lacked the personal aspect that DnD had. Over time, I saw that it was personal and intimate in another manner, and I have been addicted to it ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Now, I'm trying to think of things that were not said in the example for the introductions, but really I can't think of many others. I really don't like the skip right to 80, focus on fighting, gathering items and such. I adore role play. To have an entire server dedicated to excellent role play is what made me come to here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well, this is hard to decide. Horror, as I expressed earlier, is up the top there. I was a big fan of Call of Cthulhu for a while, and I used the Taint variant in DnD and, for those who do not know, it is the aquisition of physical or mental manifestations of your mind losing touch with reality. There is only so much that the rightious Paladin can handle before he breaks and falls from his lofty seat. Innocence is lost in the struggle to maintain and control. Romanticism also tickles my fancy. The Tauren I am a fan of for wanting the bucolic lifestyle, seemingly rejecting advanced technology to stay in tune with nature. Rather heartwarming. Anything that reveals the inner most of a character. Making them more than some pixels on a computer screen, someone you can care about, or fear, or generally be in touch with them, see their lives as something to be valued.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The Undead and Humans are beautiful in my eyes. The Undead are tragic, they are stuck in a position, wrought by power hungry beings. They are tortured and they are seen as monsters, seeking to destroy. They are introverts, and wonderfully so. They can be every way horrific on the outside, but inside they are deep, they are complex and they are every bit as interesting, if not more so, than any other race. If only the inside mattered. The Humans are wonderfully imperialistic and brutal. They are underhanded and shady and they hide behind claims of morality and self-rightiousness. They are comprised of personalities ranging from the simple farmer, to the deadly assassin, the peace loving diplomat and the evil warlord. Fantastic. I've always seen the Warlock as a great class to have a character that is truly dissassociated from society as possible. Other than the Shaman, but they are different in another manner. The Warlock is free. Free from one's own mind and free from the eyes of others. They can go absolutely insane and that is just their way. They can be the senator that is hiding his true nature. They can be the dedicated student seeking power. It is a class of greed and strife. And I love it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am expecting a setting I can immerse myself in. As for everyone else I am going to let them suprise me. Not expecting, but I am hoping for them to welcome me with open arms. If not for who I am but out of the respect that I am trying to make their gaming experience enjoyable.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The whole tantrum thing made me laugh. I have been guilty of that once in the past, and it was incredibly stupid the way I handled the situation. IC things shouldn't spill out into OOC, it ruins the whole thing. I'm glad that this server handles grand exits well.

Lastly, a story:

Dry. Dust, maybe. My throat is covered in it. My insides itch but I cannot satisfy the aching. My eyes are burning. I can't stop the scratching. I remember the glint of the guard's sword in the sunlight I remember...some. It comes. In waves and in flashes, but it comes. And I need out.

It is early. I finally have sky overhead. I woke up in something. A casket? A tomb? I can't recall. I dragged myself from my hastiy placed storage and I reached...here. Wherever here may be. Seems oddly familiar. As if I have been here? No, not like that. Familiar nonetheless.

Whatever of who I am was not contained by my flesh. I spilled out into eternity. I was bled dry of my mind and it is strangely liberating. I cannot say if I was shackled, I cannot say if I was a king or pauper. All I have is now and...all I have is time. Time to ... no, no I cannot seek what I was. I cannot bring myself to think of it. When I do it's as if there is a great strain on my mind that is blocking me out. Maybe the woulds have yet to seal. Maybe this is temporary, maybe there will be more of my mind that slips from me. How long will I maintain my sentience?

I suppose all I have is the moment.
Interesting, welcome to the server.