Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Nephaline's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
OOC: I started playing WoW about two years ago. I originally started on an RP server, Shadow Council, but had a really tough time finding people to roleplay with and ended up just on a regular pvp server. I'm in a raiding guild on Cho'gall. I think I'm a friendly and approachable person and I enjoy having fun. I like being part of a tight community that is respectful and friendly. After reading about the rules and introduction criteria for the server, it sounds like a great place to be.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States. My primary language is English. I'm a Latin major though, so while its considered a dead language, us Classical Languages majors beg to differ. :)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
WoW was originally my boyfriend's idea through and through. I was honestly a little hesitant to even try. I warmed to it pretty quickly though. :) Being a healer is my in game calling.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I really love to RP. I'm part of a raiding guild on Cho'gall but when we're not raiding, not much is going on. I looked into trying to find a good RP community on Blizzard RP servers and it was just a struggle overall. When I was looking up more information on finding a good RP server, this site popped up and sounded like an answer to all my searching.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like to keep it varied and fun. I like adventure/epic quest type of RPs, Fight RP's, and random social RP is always enjoyable as well. Plots are always fun to be apart of as well. To be honest, I've never had much of a chance to RP in game. Mostly, I'm partial to playing a healer type role in RP especially in terms of WoW, I believe. Also the idea of being a priestess, and sort of have a role as a Priestess of Elune or something similar appeals to me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Maybe its strange, but this really depends for me! Race/Class Combo? I'd have to say Draenei Priest. But my favorite race is probably Blood Elf, just from the time I've spent playing them on the Blizzard servers. My favorite class is probably Druid, which is what my current raiding character is. As a combo though, I think Draenei priest is just a really powerful symbol of the Light as holy or disc. Shadow spec sorta gives off the impression of a distance from the Light.

What are your expectations of this server?:
What I'm looking for is a community of people who are friendly, fun, and willing to RP with me once I get in game. I know one of the frustrating thing about some RP servers is the groups are so clique-like that while there is RP going on, you aren't included and I'm really hoping that isn't the case here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The respect and humility components of the rules really caught my eye. It is so great to see a community that really wants to make the server fair while at the same time fun. I'm hoping this is actually put into action in game. I usually get burnt out when people are rude or they pretend their character is so exceptional, you are pale in comparison.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Finally leaving Uldaman, after fighting wave after wave of hostile troggs and a variety of different dwarves, Raea was exhausted. The huge giantess made of stone, Ironaya, had made her feel incredibly tiny, minute and even feeble and weak. She had almost not been able to heal her companion Jaidyn through the encounter. In a way, she was beginning to look at her Holy powers as dwindling. She almost felt disdain and regret for following the path after the almost failure of a battle. How Jaidyn still had confidence in her, she was still unsure.

"Why are you sulking Raea?" He asked her, as he took a seat next to her in the sand. "We did well. We're heroes."

"I almost lost you, Jai. I almost couldn't keep you alive. Doesn't that scare you? It scares me..." Raea sighed, looking up into the sky to avoid Jaidyn's eyes. She knew he would chastise her for her lack of faith in her abilities and herself. She just couldn't help it. It seemed like she wasn't strong like the others. Maybe if she could be a shadow priest...

"You're getting that look in your eye again!" Jaidyn said at once, breaking her concentration. "You cannot stray from the light! Why would you want to?"

"I feel weak Jai."

Jaidyn sighed. He feared he had already lost his friend to her desire for power. Raea had already made up her mind. She would become Shadow.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

A great introduction, I'm sure you'll love this server ^^ Anyway, don't forget to /join chat, for all your... Chats.

Happy RPing!