Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Koen's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
What can I say, I'm a 31 year old guy living in Belgium (oops, that's part of the second question :)) I am a very casual player, and quit WoW a year ago, mostly discouraged by the game's high RP potential, the lack of world RP and the rise of 'purple fever' and l33t speak.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and live in Belgium, my primary language is Dutch and French was the secondary language I learned at school.
However my English at the moment is far more better then my French just because I don't speak as much French as I speak English (at work, with on-line friends, ...).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I discovered (World Of) Warcraft rather late. I've never played any RPG game before that. I've heard and read about that game but it wasn't until some day when I was reading "The Hobbit" (again) I was thinking by myself how cool it would be to experience those kind of adventures myself and was wondering if World Of Warcraft may be the perfect framework for this. So I bought me the game and signed up (I think half year before the first expansion came out). I was lucky to end up in a really good RP tauren-only guild and that got my RP adventures started.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Not sure exaclty, both looking at the server technology and player community this one felt like to have a solid base to build upon.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm an explorer by far... I like to explore the world in a RP fashion, discovering places and getting myself into trouble by times. Relaxing tavern roleplay personally gets me bored quickly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Tauren hunter. First of all I really like the Tauren race, their culture, being nomadic and their relationship with the earth mother, friendly in nature, fierce in battle. I never even considered another race in World Of Warcraft.
The hunter class fits my style of roleplay the most, for me the hunter is rather a trapper than a ranger, closely related to the land.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be honestly, I try not to get my hopes up too much (I always have too much expectations). I hope I can log here when I have time to have some fun roleplaying.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect - I think from all the rules this one covers it all. If everyone respects each other, you don't need no other rules :wink:

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

OOC: This story is part of a non-peacefull RP project me and my friends had and enjoyed playing:

Quote:Years have passed. Magatha hasn't forgotten what happened but it wasn't until the re-awakening of the Lich King out of his frozen state that she saw her chance. The Lich King launched an attack on Azeroth by moving his floating fortress "Ebon Hold" to Light Hope chapel in the Eastern Kingdoms. The attack failed and the Argent Dawn was able to free a lot of Death Knights out of Arthas' control.
The Death Knights, freed however and accepted by Thrall but still mocked and despised by the horde races, formed an easy victim for Magatha. One of them was Wrathorn, a former captain of the horde. Unable to adapt himself into this new world he easily felt for Magatha's influence. In him Magatha found a new soul, through which she could finally take revenge on the betrayers Stubhorn and Liontooth without raising suspicion to her.

Wrathorn speaks:

"Yes, mistress I will... only through war the strong can raise above the weak, only through mayhem the warrior will stand above the sick. Therefor the horde must fall, Cairne taken from his throne and the orcs driven from our land. A new area of the Tauren shall arise! We shall rule Kalimdor as we did before and slaughter anyone who oppose us. Through chaos we shall rise!"

Magatha Grimtotem explained her plans to Wrathorn carefully... after which he nods "As you wish... it shall be done..."

Days later a rare rain storm rages over the Stonetalon Mountains. Wrathorn is standing on a steep cliff overlooking one of the valleys in Stonetalon Mountains while the rain is pouring down on his fur. It seems not to bother him as he keeps his eyes focussed on the Troll village below. "The sun is sweeping shadows on the valley... soon it will be dark..." Later that night a tent is suddenly ripped open and a big Tauren storms in. "Jin'Zil..." he mutters when seeing the Troll in his bed, quickly covering the troll's mouth before he can shout for help. Wrathorn lifts him out of his bed and with a swing slams his back to the ground pushing the troll down.

"Silence, witch doctor, or do you want me to brake your neck?".
... to be continued ... *wink*

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Honestly, I'm not affraid to admit I'm not the biggest RP talent around. But I enjoy it alot and with the higher standard here can only can improve, no?
Welcome to the server, mate!

Beware of Maulbane, he -hates- Tauren Hunter lovers.

Anyways. Remember to /join chat when you're in-game. That's the channel for all sorts of cool things. :D Also, feel free to PM me if ya have any questions. :3

Have fun and enjoy CotH!
Also, I doubt you can "continue" your written story, it's pretty much against the server's principles.
Yes, I understand, but Wrathorn is not the character I'm going to create here.
Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.

I've made my characters profile here (I hope it gets approved).
Looking forward to logon for some RP this weekend.
Koen, you may RP before your character gets approved, it is even advised to RP before making it. RPing will form your character properly the way you want it to be.