Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Leones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I like to consider myslef a more casual RPer than most people would see me I think, I'm not one of these people that goes mad at an OOC post, it happens sometimes. I think I can RP most characters quite well, though I do tend to stay away from the more popular "angst-ridden, millionaire, ninja teenager" that tend to flood a lot of the FFRPs I frequent. I think describing myself is difficuly, I mean, I think I'm the funniest person I know, but many people disagre. many, many people...

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in England, where I was born in 1984. I currently reside in Bristol which is in the South-West.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I'd been roleplaying in various forms for a while when WOW came out adnd that was my first foray into the Warcraft universe. I'm ashamed to admit that Warcraft 3 is the only other Warcraft game I've ever played.

What made you seek our server over others?:
It seems like this is a well populated RP server. Not only is this difficult to find (most servers are filled with "LOL PWN NOOB pvp'ers), but it's also difficult to find a server that doesn't give GM mode, inst-eighty or balance breaking custom weapons to everyon. This server seems to be filled with decent, down to earth people who just like to roleplay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like RP with a purpose, not necessarily a planned out ending but I like RP to feel like it's going somewhere. Even a 20 minute tavern can forge new in-game relationships - I like to have acheived something, even from the shortest of sessions (even if it's an in-charcter hangover!).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really enjoy Dwarfs, I just think they are more fun to RP than a lot of other races. They have a rich lore (which I sort of know...kind of) and can develop some very interesting personality traits that even the player in control sometimes doesn't see coming.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm just hoping for a fun polace to come and relax after a hard days work. i know not everything will go my character' way, but good! I'm expecting a good time with other like-minded players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I want to marry the perma-death rule. Having there be a chance that your character can die for good makes people RP a lot less recklessly and can also make for some quality RP material if an in-character friend dies.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Leones Stoutrock stepped off the tram from Stormwind and took a look around. "So, this is Ironforge" he thought. Although technically an Ironforge Dwarf, Leones, like a lot of Dwarfs these days, was born and raised in the Dwarven District in Stormwind and had never actually seen Dun Moragh.

This little adventure had begun some days ago when, bold as brass, he had strolled into the office of the Storwind Guard and asked for an application form. The recruitment Sergeant stared at Leones for a few seconds longer than was comfortabe "Uh...really...but you're...you know..."
"Too young? Blonde? Titanist" replied Leones, knowing very well where the recruitment Sergeant was going. The Sergeant began looking very uncomfortable as several Corporals began sniggering at the desk a few feet away. Many a person had come away from this sort of conversation with sore shins, "Well uh...you need permission from Ironforge! yes that's it!" replied the Sergeant, it was a lie, but it was a good lie, it would take a man..er...Dwarf weeks to reach Ironforge and even then, the out and out confusion of this made up little detail would keep the beuracrats busy for ages. One of the Corporal spoke up, with a sly smile "Yeah, Ironforge..tram leaves in 20 minutes, you could be back before we go off-shift". The rectruitment Sergeant stared, he'd forgotten about the tram....

So Leones had returned home, home in the spiritual sense that is, his actual home was with his parents above a restuarant in the Dwarven District, returned sort of home to seek permission to apply for a job he should be aloowed to do by rights. He had been told to report to Coldridge Valley, but hey...how long could this take, right?

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, I think the Website and Wiki pretty much covered everything, thanks.
Welcome to the server!

Yey, Dwarves, we need more of those! So keep 'em coming, keep 'em coming!

Anyway. Remember to /join chat in-game. And if ya have any questions, do not hesitate to PM meh. :D

Have fun and enjoy CotH!