The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: You are the Juror, what is your verdict?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Guilty!
47.22%
17 47.22%
Not Guilty
52.78%
19 52.78%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Trial of Zariel Amaru Novalight
Spoiler:
Feel free to add to this post, whether or not its the reaction of the Jury or someone in the crowd, or your character specifically thinking about the trail although they aren't there. Also remember to vote

The young elf walks into the courtroom, Magisters, noblemen and commoners form the Jury as the elven courthouse is filled to the brim. The trial of Zariel Amaru Novalight, charged with premeditated homicide. The elf walks to the podium before sitting at a table beside another elf. His hands cuffed, members of the Novalight family watch. The stain glassed windows cast colored shadows on the ground as the high judge watches from atop his seat. Elves representing the dead noble-elf sit to the table beside Zariel and his representative. Their faces smug, and uninviting. The crowd grumbles at Zariel's presence. A gavel bangs onto a wooden disk on the desk of the High Judge. "Order...Order!" He demands, the elves become quiet at once.

"Now Presenting, Zariel Amaru Novalight vs The House of Sunwing." A bailiff says standing next to the grand seat of the High Judge. The gavel strikes once more as the others look around. Zariel's representative idly pours a pitcher of water into his glass. He watches as the Sunwing representative steps up to the stand. He whispers something inaudible to the judge. His grand robe showing his own prestigious title as a lawyer. He turns around looking everyone in the eye. "Believe it or not, but we have evil within our highest of social circles. They will kill their own, and others to achieve their goal. It is their purpose. It is how they survive. The individual's own grandfather was murdered by his uncle. Murder runs in his family, unfortunately this relatively young elf couldn't differentiate the difference between the law and his psychotic family." The lawyer begins, Zariel's fists clench as his shackles rattle. His representative places a calm hand on his arm. The other lawyer continues. "The Novalight Family is heartless, have we forgotten the legacy of -his- grandfather, and great aunt? Two of the bloodiest Nova's of recent times. This is how their family acquires wealth, status and connections. With ruthless fear. Did he kill Mr. Sunwing to help their own business? Or is he just simply a deranged elf who needs to be put to sleep?" The lawyer looks to the others before heading to his seat; food for thought.

Zariel looks around, worried on the inside but calm and collected outwardly. He looks to his lawyer hoping he can pull something just as theatrical. The jurors watched Zariel as if he were on display, the young Nova looked around trying to appear as innocent as one could. He knew this was a set up, but he had to walk the line, and go through the movements. He hated the Seregon House more and more. His representative stood up, taking a glass of water and walked before the High Judge. "Your Honor, members of the Silvermoon jury I believe this whole case to be conspiracy. It is obvious the House of Novalight is being plagued or attacked by someone. They have lost many members, many guards, they have tried to defile my client's character as well as his family. They even attacked and murdered innocents at his banquet. Zariel is young, he's full of hope and wishes to lead his family in a just manner. Hair into the hand of the victim seems suspicious. Were there any other signs of Zariel there? Could this not have been placed? Why would Zariel do something so obvious when he has others to do things for him? Also the strands of hair found were undoubtedly his, however the hair found was Orange. Zariel died his hair orange to evade his captors for a moment, but returned it to his original color before the banquet. This murder happened after the Banquet. I believe something is -definitely- wrong here. Hopefully true -justice- will be served and we can find out the true killer and bring him in." The elf looks around quite seriously before sitting back down towards Zariel. The trial is underway.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
A rancher of hawkstriders, Ulthwan Moondust was particularly enraged by the trial. One might claim he would be one of the more outspoken members of the jury, yelling to them as they were given time to discuss the situation.

"For too long have nobility been allowed to simply walk away from their crimes because they can throw money about! Look to his ancestors - how many people have they murdered? And yet did they ever face repercussions? No! As we can see, their accursed family is still considered 'nobility' in our grand city!"

"Like father like son! This Zariel will follow the lineage of his family! His head should be separated from his shoulders for this murder!"
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Reigen sits in the viewing area, dressed as she normally is. Upon the two representatives speaking, her palm collides with her face before shaking her head slowly. Those around her could hear the short woman mutter:

"I don't get paid enough for this."

She'd sit back, waiting for the rest of the trail to go by, though looking not pleased in the slightest.
"Like father like son! This Zariel will follow the lineage of his family! His head should be separated from his shoulders for this murder!"

"There is unsubstantial evidence! Speculation at best! The Nova is a good man!"

"What is it, one rule for the nobles and one rule for the rest of us?!"

Elihanara sat calmly in her chair at the back of the court room, her eyes closed as she took in the din of arguments. She had been pleased to find it less orderly than she'd feared. It was true that the evidence was weak. She and her cousins could have dressed it up further, but there was so much blood and fire, such a flurry to make sure the lie was set.

Really, it had just ended up being more of a mess.

"Can you believe it? A Nova! On trial!" Elihanara opened her eyes and glanced at the woman to her left who had spoken. She frowned her concern for the Nova's uncertain fate.

"One can only hope this is resolved quickly," she said softly, "for how can we rebuild if we do not uphold our own laws?"
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Aroes sits in his office within the upper story of Manor Blackstone, enjoying a breakfast consisting of steak, eggs and bacon. He absentmindedly reads over several newspapers that, by the time they have arrived, are a day or two out of date. His eyes rest on a story in the Silvermoon Tribune about the trial.

"By Trollbane's blade...What the hell was the boy thinking?"

Aroes lifts various receipts and letters off his desk, summoning for a servant.

"Make sure all of these are burned completely....just in case."

While certainly not allowed to watch the trial in Silvermoon itself, a young human woman found a way to keep up...

Sit sits in a quiet room on a small island just off Feralas. A manor on it had been bought for her and her allies by one Edgar Barlton. In this simple room she sits on a carpet, cross-legged, dressed in a loose white tunic and pants. A holy candle or two stands straight beside her. Before her is a simple bowl of blessed water.

She had been scrying Zariel since the trial began, using basic holy Divinist abilities. She could not see or hear everything, and it got foggy now and then. But, she could not wait until the next edition of Silvermoon's paper fluttered her way.

"...Light guide this farce of a trial. If there is any left behind those ornate walls."

[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I don't know why I've been told to watch this woman, and if it weren't for the fat purse of silver and the implied threat of death I can't say I care. For an undead monstrosity, she seems almost unnervingly mundane. Well-dressed, polite, pretty even, if I were insane enough to admit it. If not for those frigid eyes I think I'd go beyond even that; I made eye contact with her once and it felt like looking into an empty well on a cold day.

She's watching the trial now, hands folded in her lap like a proper lady. There's something off about it, almost like she's playing at courtesy. Not faking it; just playing, like a game someone has with children and doesn't quite take seriously. Humoring us. She's humoring this entire trial, actually; she's in the defendant's employ but she looks amused and bored at the same time. Silverdawn would look right at home watching orcish bloodsport, pitying the fighters and laughing inside every time blood is shed.

Maybe she's not really on his side after all, selling him out. Maybe he's a bad sort to work for, and the way the suits go on about him it it could or couldn't be. Maybe she thinks the charges will fail, or just thinks this all is fun. It's noble business, and from everything I've heard and seen they're all the same backbiting curs once you drag them off the streets and cage them.

One thing's certain, I expected more black--maybe some skulls. I suppose you can't believe everything you hear about them. She doesn't look armed, but I suppose they won't even let a Knight of the Ebon carry a runeblade here. Is she a Knight? Can they leave? Fel if I know. She looks almost like a noble herself, like one out for a walk where people can see. Needs something practical, but won't be seen dressed like a peasant. Her tunic looks like something I saw a Paladin wear once, and I'm not sure if it's blasphemous or ironic. Guessing by the colors, I'd say Argent Dawn; nostalgic, maybe. There's a white rose pinned to her somehow--it's enchanted, they always are. Is she trying to appear pure, or just mocking--

She sees me staring and looks at me with a smirk, like what I'm doing is funny somehow. I smile back and nod politely, return my eyes to the trial and pretend to be interested. It feels sickly somehow; I think I'm actually blushing. The silent battling of nobles transpires in the court before us, and she's treating it like a game. One of the rules is that you never let on that you're playing, and I don't think she's breaking it out of ignorance. We're entertainment.

I need a drink.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
Sitting - and making quite an effort to stand still - very close to the door, a rather savage-looking Blood Elf woman with a bloodthirsty grin plastered to her face and an obscenely long, tangled blonde ponytail watches the proceedings.

Liethel of house Thurandal - who had the pleasure of actually having met the man on trial - being the unfortunate desk-mate of the grinning critter peers from Zariel to the woman with the slightest hint of concern. "Who lets animals into a courtroom?" she mutters quietly.

"They don't." the savage woman answers in a whisper. "I was referring to you." Liethel retorts and smirks nonchalantly, scanning the representatives with her gaze. The blonde woman speaks growls something under her breath to the lines of 'You're not as stupid as you look.'

Liethel grimaces and glances to the savage. "All right, then. What's your opinion on this trial?" she asks. The wild woman shrugs and sighs. "If there's one thing Blood Elves're good at it's killing each-other and conspiring to do so. But they're sooner pups of deceit than murder. Zariel Novalight seems too young for murder anyhow..."

Liethel chuckles. "You're not as stupid as you look, either." she says with a smile and looks forwards once more. "I agree." she says, and the savage seems almost about to slip outside for a breath of fresh air, though the grin on her face makes her bared fangs reflect the colors of the stained glass brightly.

Somewhere off further to the side, Eris of the Serynzheri holds a quiet conversation of her own with Cieldrim Orisamitore, and her words hint to her quite despising the hatred between the members of noble houses. Someone's certainly not pleased by the turn of events, it seems.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Although, as a Night Elf, Dandy obviously wasn't allowed at the trail and didn't really know anything about Zariel's conditions or even if he pleaded guilty or innocent, her mind stayed fixed on the topic. Sitting at the Dalaran Lounge as she usually is, she remembered the inexperienced, gentle-handed Nova attempting to keep his family in check, always with the political smile and the organizing of events, which often turned to be disasters. Constantly straying from her vigilance, Zariel had managed to get himself knocked unconscious, missing several times, and now in prison for whatever murder he committed. Rather than deter her, however, the challenge of protecting Zariel had bought even more loyalty for the man she considered a blank slate or precious uncut gem, something to be protected so that it may be forged into a grand thing, one day.

And yet... The Death Knight looked down at the smooth soul shard clutched in her hand, the remains of one of Zariel's relatives. Who will go to prison for this? And for the banquet massacre? The constant assassination attempts against the Lord Nova? Justice is a fickle thing.

She could only wait for the verdict to spread to Dalaran's ears, knowing that, even if Zariel was freed, an even greater obstacle would present itself. At least in prison, Zariel was somewhat safe from assassins. Looking down at her Phoenix Knight tabard as devoid of emotion as ever, Dandy knew that she would prefer Zariel as Nova compared to the self proclaimed new Nova Agorine. Agorine commanded respect, yet she did little to earn it in Dandy's eyes, believing herself entitled to anything and everything.

Her moment of contemplation over, Dandy returned to her favorite pasttime; staring blankly at the opposite wall of the Lounge. Although Agorine had given her orders, they were quite vague, and she found herself rather hopelessly empty minded without specific and well-defined tasks to attend to. It would be a relief to be serving under Zariel again, no matter the events to follow... unless he was found guilty, in which case Dandy might have to forge her own orders, in the form of systematically hunting down the deceased Nova's enemies, one by one.

"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
Daedre stared out the stained glass windows of the courtoom. As the accusers family entered the courtroom, Daedre's fingers caressed the scar Elrohir gave him. "You have some worth, yet." So value is measured by desecrating my face, My Lord?. As his blade across the guard's throat, he felt no remorse, but watching the nobleman's family grieve their loss brought some pangs of pity to Daedre's heart.

That is the way of things. The young Nova should've known better than challenge Elrohir.. He glanced to his left, where Dulcius Seregon was dozing away, back straight and head held up. His uncle's palms were open, the index fingers lightly stained red. Even he feels some guilt. Daedre closed the open palm gently without awakening his Uncle. His gaze returned to the courtroom's window, awaiting the end of the trial, the end of Zariel Novalight.
"My country is the world, my religion is to do good" - Thomas Paine

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died." - Jorah Mormont

----- Characters -----

Spoiler:
Dulcius Seregon - Mage/addict with a tendency to bore others.
Daedre Seregon - Low-born noble with a cocksure behavior.
Edric Luven - Cautious lowlife Human who will do anything for quick coin.
Sandor Deramore - A former Alliance military commander turned lost Undead soldier.
Ranzbert Spoznotch - Tad-insane Gnome Warlock with a passion for potion making and research.
Elizabeth Drakos - Stern and assertive zealot.
The murmurs in the courtroom where low but present. The tension in the room was thick, it loomed in the air and permeated from Zariel. The elf sat calmly with his hands folded; fingers interlaced supporting his chin. He wore an expensive suit, with a crimson tie. The shackles still around his wrists, the slack in the chain causing a valley between his arms. He watched closely, breathing shallow.

The murmur of the jury and the audience began to bubble over into tangible sound, the grand courtroom seemed to be where the decisions of kings were made. Elves of all backgrounds watched anxiously as the gavel began slamming once more. "Alright, does the prosecution wish to bring their first witness?" The grand judge asked, the representative who gave the opening stood up, his chair scooting backwards causing a groan from the friction. "Yes your honor. I'd like to call Milavis Sunwing to the stand please."

From the bench beside the table stood a small feeble looking elf, her eyes appeared to have bags with the green fel glow dim. She appeared fatigued, and rattled by worry. She had obviously been crying for some time. She nodded to those she sat with speaking inaudibly to the crowd and slowly walked to the boxed in seat next to the grand judge. The Bailiff walked to her bringing her a tome with Silvermoon's insignia on it. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the -whole- truth, and nothing -but- the truth, on your pride as a Sin'dorei?" The feeble elf nods. "Y-yes, I do." The bailiff nods. "Lying is punishable by death." He nods and steps to the side. The prosecutor walks up to her carefully, his hands held behind his back. "Ms Sunwing. It's true you are the niece of the victim, correct? The first one to see his body." She nods, closing her eyes remembering the sight. "Yes. I am."

"Tell me about that, please. I know it's hard."

"I didn't stay that long, there was obviously a struggle. I wasn't sure if -he- was still there." She nods to Zariel. "I looked to my Uncle's body he was burned all over with arcane and fire. His face was..." She shook her head and began weeping. The prosecutor slowly rubbed her back. "It's okay...let's help put your uncle to justice, okay?" He said appealing for sympathy. Zariel looked away from the crying elf, he felt bad for her. "His face was horrified..." She sobbed. "As if he was afraid to die" She begins crying, but continues speaking. "In his hand, he was gripping a lock of orange hair. It was scryed by authorities and it was -his- Hair!" She says glaring at Zariel, she points.

"So you were very close to your uncle, then?" The prosecutor asks. She nods, warm tears rolling down the contours of her cheeks. "It must've been painful to have to witness?" He added, turning to the crowd. "Objection! Relevance?" Zariel's representative called out, much to Zariel's surprise. He quickly looked to him, then to the judge. The grand elf nodded looking to the prosecutor. "Please stay on topic."

"Yes your honor. Did your family work with the Novalight House?"

"I'm not sure, I believe so though. There is a smoke lounge, I believe the defendant's father invested in, with my family. Business is good."

"So you believe that's why your Uncle was killed, so they could have the club for themselves?"

"I do."

"No further questions, your honor." The elf says heading back to his seat. The elf beside Zariel shook his head, he looks to Zariel nodding. He stands up and walks up to the elf, her gaze on him angry as if he's defending a demon. "Ms. Sunwing, You said you found his body first, Correct?"

"Yes...I did."

"And when was this?"

"A couple weeks ago."

"Took a little long to report it, hmm?"

"I reported it when it happened, our judicial system is just a tad slow."

"Hmm. I suppose that is another subject for another day. Have you ever met my client?"

"No...I didn't even know he was the Nova until I heard of this. I assumed his father was still leading the family. I never met your client."

"Oh?" the elf chuckles. "I have no further questions your honor."

Zariel watches, the shackles waving slightly. The murmur begins again, while the lawyers shuffle through papers momentarily.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
((...*cough*Would have been nice to note Zariel focuses in ice magic. *cough*))
(( ...These are clues to be left and picked up on. Don't just point them out nub. Zariel -can- cast fire as well though, and it also says 'arcane' burns like from arcane bolts or energy.))
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

((No! I will point out everything wrong! BRB, watching Law and Order.))
((Oh WoW, the only place in the world where a thread of hair and one unreliable witness is enough for a court case))
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heir to the Cosmos: The Novalight Dynasty ThePharaoh 80 24,867 07-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Last Post: ThePharaoh
  The Ebon Blade: Tainted Trial Grogloki 12 2,770 09-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Grogloki
  The Novalight-Ordonis Legacy ThePharaoh 1 786 04-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Last Post: ThePharaoh